SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STOP THE CENSORING
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

publius wrote:
Calm down, people.

There is no technical solution for keeping out people you don't want here. Forget IP addresses. Anyone who is Internet competent can post from a new IP while sitting at the same computer in about a minute or so.

What works:
o Ignore people you disagree with or who infuriate you.

What doesn't work:
o Try to out-insult the other poster.

What the admin can do:
o Post a few very simple rules and then edit, delete or move offending posts no matter who authors them

What's best:
o Don't censor, ignore.

Editorial comment, with an edge: Democrats and liberals have been subjected to a Republican and conservative propaganda machine that has actively and deliberately villifed them for upwards of twenty years. They have finally grown tired enough to dish it right back out and some are as rude as they wanna be. The fact that Republicans and conservatives will deny that any such thing has occurred doesn't change the experience of Democrats and liberals who consider themselves abused and are unwilling to stay silent any longer. Most Democrats and liberals I know believe that every rotten thing they know how to say in politics they learned from the masters on the other side and are simply turning the tables on whiners who can't take what they dish out. YMMV.

So what is the big idea of this site and forum besides tearing down a decorated veteran?

Run a search to see what we're all about.

And, since this board is designed to discuss the many issues surrounding the confessed war-criminal Kerry's candidacy, censoring the Kerry-bots seems like a justifiable activity to me.

As for who learned what from who, there is no excuse for the actions of the Kerry-bot scum coming here and disrespecting us. None.

So take your spin and excuses for the inexcusable actions of your fellow travelers here and shove it.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

publius wrote:
Calm down, people.

There is no technical solution for keeping out people you don't want here. Forget IP addresses. Anyone who is Internet competent can post from a new IP while sitting at the same computer in about a minute or so.

What works:
o Ignore people you disagree with or who infuriate you.

What doesn't work:
o Try to out-insult the other poster.

What the admin can do:
o Post a few very simple rules and then edit, delete or move offending posts no matter who authors them

What's best:
o Don't censor, ignore.

Editorial comment, with an edge: Democrats and liberals have been subjected to a Republican and conservative propaganda machine that has actively and deliberately villifed them for upwards of twenty years. They have finally grown tired enough to dish it right back out and some are as rude as they wanna be. The fact that Republicans and conservatives will deny that any such thing has occurred doesn't change the experience of Democrats and liberals who consider themselves abused and are unwilling to stay silent any longer. Most Democrats and liberals I know believe that every rotten thing they know how to say in politics they learned from the masters on the other side and are simply turning the tables on whiners who can't take what they dish out. YMMV.

So what is the big idea of this site and forum besides tearing down a decorated veteran?

You have some good points, but I take exception to your final question, especially "tearing down a decorated veteran", I view it as trying to seek out the truth about a person who want's to represent me. Yes, he may be a decorated veteran, that I will give, but on the flip side, let's turn it around, "how about how he helped tear down veterans, decorated or not in the past" with the use and combination of words he now says may have been a little extreme or exaggerated!

I also feel that when Mr. Kerry used his Vietnam Service for campaigning purposes he opened the door to be questioned about it and his activities since. Unfortunately, he himself has caused his service record and activites to be called into question by using them.

JMHO
publius
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95 bxl wrote:
And, since this board is designed to discuss the many issues surrounding the confessed war-criminal Kerry's candidacy, censoring the Kerry-bots seems like a justifiable activity to me.

As for who learned what from who, there is no excuse for the actions of the Kerry-bot scum coming here and disrespecting us. None.

So take your spin and excuses for the inexcusable actions of your fellow travelers here and shove it.

I find it hard to believe that you actually believe Kerry is a war criminal. Are you prepared to state that all other Vietnam vets who commmited similar acts to Kerry's "war crimes" are also war criminals? Should Kerry and all of them be sought out and prosecuted? We could do this, you know, and I know there would be thousands in that same category. Is that what you want for the country? I didn't think so. So how about toning down the hyperbole so it passes the laugh test? Kerry a war criminal? Gimme a break.

As for my offering excuses, you're wrong. I'm trying to offer reasons, not excuses. Your advice to shove it especially when you know nothing about me at al is hardly kindly nor a great big plus for the common decency on your side.

Navymomx2 wrote:
I take exception to your final question, especially "tearing down a decorated veteran", I view it as trying to seek out the truth about a person who want's to represent me. Yes, he may be a decorated veteran, that I will give, but on the flip side, let's turn it around, "how about how he helped tear down veterans, decorated or not in the past" with the use and combination of words he now says may have been a little extreme or exaggerated!

I also feel that when Mr. Kerry used his Vietnam Service for campaigning purposes he opened the door to be questioned about it and his activities since. Unfortunately, he himself has caused his service record and activites to be called into question by using them.

Thank you for your response.

You are right that Kerry is using his service to campaign and that makes the whole of it subject to public debate. LIkewise his record after the war and in Congress. President Bush has declared himself a war president and is actively courting military votes. That makes his record subject to scrutiny as well.

I like John Kerry and plan to vote for him. I'm a responsible, tax-paying, patriotic American with many of the same concerns you have, I'll bet, regarding the nation, our security and our future. When I add up the evidence I think Bush has supported his investor class at the expense of the ordinary American middle class. I thought the war in Afghanistan was right on (though mistakes were made, especially at Torah Bora) and think the war in Iraq is way too costly in lives and treasure for any gains it offers and that it both detracts from and diminishes our ability to root out and kill the people who are trying to kill us. Are you going to tell my I'm not a good American because of these views or can you respect differences? I'm betting on the latter.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

publius wrote:
95 bxl wrote:

I find it hard to believe that you actually believe Kerry is a war criminal. Are you prepared to state that all other Vietnam vets who commmited similar acts to Kerry's "war crimes" are also war criminals? Should Kerry and all of them be sought out and prosecuted? We could do this, you know, and I know there would be thousands in that same category. Is that what you want for the country? I didn't think so. So how about toning down the hyperbole so it passes the laugh test? Kerry a war criminal? Gimme a break.

As for my offering excuses, you're wrong. I'm trying to offer reasons, not excuses. Your advice to shove it especially when you know nothing about me at al is hardly kindly nor a great big plus for the common decency on your side.

Navymomx2 wrote:
I take exception to your final question, especially "tearing down a decorated veteran", I view it as trying to seek out the truth about a person who want's to represent me. Yes, he may be a decorated veteran, that I will give, but on the flip side, let's turn it around, "how about how he helped tear down veterans, decorated or not in the past" with the use and combination of words he now says may have been a little extreme or exaggerated!

Thank you for your response.

You are right that Kerry is using his service to campaign and that makes the whole of it subject to public debate. LIkewise his record after the war and in Congress. President Bush has declared himself a war president and is actively courting military votes. That makes his record subject to scrutiny as well.

I like John Kerry and plan to vote for him. I'm a responsible, tax-paying, patriotic American with many of the same concerns you have, I'll bet, regarding the nation, our security and our future. When I add up the evidence I think Bush has supported his investor class at the expense of the ordinary American middle class. I thought the war in Afghanistan was right on (though mistakes were made, especially at Torah Bora) and think the war in Iraq is way too costly in lives and treasure for any gains it offers and that it both detracts from and diminishes our ability to root out and kill the people who are trying to kill us. Are you going to tell my I'm not a good American because of these views or can you respect differences? I'm betting on the latter.

This new poster, Pulius, sounds a lot like Keith Nolan to me.
publius
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
This new poster, Pulius, sounds a lot like Keith Nolan to me.

That's mistaken, Bob. I've never posted here or anywhere under that name. It's not my name and it's not my pseudonym. Nolan must be a fine guy, however Wink

I'm just a liberal and Kerry supporter who stumbled in here. If you know your Constitution you know my nym.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, right.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

publius wrote:
95 bxl wrote:

There are exactly two major party candidates for President. Exactly one of them has admitted he committed war crimes.

What others did, or did not do, has absolutely no bearing on the FACT that John Kerry is a self-confessed war criminal.

That you blow his actions off is typical of Kerry supporters, who think his service in Vietnam was or is some reason he should be elected NOW, while most of those same people sat by and did/said NOTHING while supporting/electing a draft-dodging coward who ran against two bone-fide war heroes.

Kerry, by HIS OWN ADMISSION, is a war criminal.

Don't like it? Tough. The bigger issue is how can you, and so many others, support a war criminal?

Quote:

Tell you what, Nate. Once you've gone through this board and lectured your fellow Kerry-bots on "common decency," then you can come back and try and tell us about it. Until then, my advice stands.

Meanwhile, Kerry is a lying, self-confessed war criminal. You know he's lying because his lips are moving.

The majority of veterans do not support Kerry, and will not support Kerry. The majority of the military, having served under a draft-dodging punk that so many of you Kerry-bots so admired for 8 years, want no part of another one.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95 --You said it.

Your points are a good argument for an earlier statement I made. The Democrats are stooping as low as they can get to get back power. They think veterans, pro-military, pro-Bush will suddenly change their minds and vote Democrat because they have "a veteran" running for office.

Also, they insult the intelligence of every independent, moderate, and undecided voter by playing the "military card" candidate.

It shows their hypocrisy. It's proof that the Democratic Party is made up of bigots and ideologues -- do whatever is necessary to gain political power.

It makes me sick. I will vote for Bush in November.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it ironic that a person who came from one of the left wing boards, where the slightest dissent gets you banned instantly, who is here specifically to disrupt the board, would have the nerve to complain about censorship.

Do people not have any shame anymore?
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

publius wrote:

I find it hard to believe that you actually believe Kerry is a war criminal.

Do you find it hard to believe that I believe that Kerry is a traitor to his country?

I've noticed that the Kerry apologists carefully avoid the question of the meetings in Paris with representatives of the enemies of the United States. Maybe because there is no way to spin those acts. They were illegal. They were treason.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: