SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geraldo Show-Sunday Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what the troops REALLY think of Geraldo Rivera. Pay close attention to the 2nd to last paragraph Laughing

SHAKING GERALDO’S HAND
4/8/03

BRIAN LAMBERT
Media Columnist

Dean Staley and Joe Caffrey, the KSTP-TV, Channel 5, team embedded with the 101st Airborne in Iraq, got their own slice of the Geraldo Rivera story last week.

Viewers may have seen Staley and Caffrey's piece Wednesday on 5's late news. Looking like a Peshmurga fighter by way of Orvis outdoor fashion, Rivera conceded that he felt scolded, but that, after a shower and a beer, he was determined to get back into the action.

Staley sent an e-mail a couple of days later, saying, "Joe and I were working on a story in our camp here in the middle of the desert." (The two have been moving back and forth by helicopter but at the time of the Rivera encounter were somewhere near Karbala).

"We looked up, and there were Geraldo and his producers climbing out of a Humvee." Asked if Rivera seemed at all remorseful about the situation, especially since he was still denying any awareness of the military's displeasure with him and accusing the "rats" at NBC, MSNBC and CNBC of "stabbing me in the back" with "a pack of lies," Staley thought, no.

"He was not remorseful. He seemed tired. (He said he had spent several weeks in Afghanistan before coming to Iraq, where he had been for a week.) "He said he felt scolded but that infantry troops he had been embedded with wanted him to stay." As Staley and Caffrey showed in their filmed report, Rivera signed a few autographs, exchanged a few soul hugs and headed off for the flight back to professional exile in Kuwait. He could have been the drummer for some aging rock band choppering out of the Arizona State Fairgrounds show.

Say what you will about Geraldo, a self-aggrandizing cartoon, an action junkie, you name it: The guy is in no danger of living a small, gray, forgettable life.

Staley went on to say, "A handful of troops here wanted pictures with G and autographs. A few shook his hand. Others here wanted to harm him, were disgusted with him, thought he should have been sent home in a Humvee (a 40-hour drive south through the desert).

"We later found out a few who shook his hand had put those hands in unmentionable places prior. Army justice?"

The Rivera and Peter Arnett stories have been quickly and appropriately pushed aside as the sideshows they are. Primarily, they are a distraction for other media types — ripe, easy fodder for columnists and radio fulminators.

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooncusser wrote:
Geraldo goes with the flow....always has.

Remember where Geraldo came from before FOX? When I see him on the Fox...they get e-mails from me and I turned the channel until he is off.

He came from MSNBC...before that, it was some dumb show, throwing chairs, getting his nose broken, those are just some of his great works on his many different shows.

What stands out most about him is that flow, always way to the left of center, with the likes of --Kerry-Clinton-Kennedy and Edwards!

Those are his buddies or so he thinks. Wink

He is also a lawyer from Pureto Rico and when our Naval Base at Roosevelt Roads was being forced to close there in Puerto Rico....I heard him say on one of his shows "Viva Puerto Rico" the Military needs to leave my home. I lived in Puerto Rico on the base from 1995-1998

As a Navy Officer's wife I can tell you, he has no respect for any who serve in the military... And he has no respect for the Swift Boat Vets.

He is so left and out of touch, he spins Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: