SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have we been betrayed again?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wuzthere2
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: It's enough to make ya...well you know Reply with quote

If there's one thing that always happens after a visit here...ya help heal an old swiftees soul. The support is appreciated many times over!!
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kerry is a Ghenghis Khan man."

You mean a Jen-Jus Khan man? Laughing
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that Laura Bush said something GOOD about the ads <evil grin>.
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is a take I haven't heard yet. Kerry has in fact denounced a couple ads that attacked GW. It would not suprise me at all that his people knew of the ads before hand, and "tried to have it both ways". Generate the attack from left field, and then condemn it from center field.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the feedback Reply with quote

Wuzthere2 wrote:
Appreciate all the kind words and thoughts on this. It just seems here in Florida i sense some growing resentment towards the swift sailors. It's very reminiscent of my return here in 1970. Not a comfortable feeling!

Hang in there! I think this is probably to be expected, what with the American "short attention span theatre" mindset that pervades our country. There are many people that think if an issue's been mentioned twice, there's been too much coverage!!

I'm just delighted that this issue hasn't rolled off of the table - as the MSM and Kerry camp wanted. Keep going Swifties!!!

MJB
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
"Kerry is a Ghenghis Khan man."

You mean a Jen-Jus Khan man? Laughing

maybe a jar-jar binks man

getten berry skeered, un grabbed dat Jedi, and before mesa knowen it...pow! Mesa here. (shrugs)...getten berry berry skeered.
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Bush condemns! McCain condemns! We go on... Reply with quote

What better way to show we are not aligned with the Bush campaign than to go on after condemnation. The first priority here should be to tell the truth about Kerry. Penetrating through the MSM and getting the facts before the American people is not easy...
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Appreciate all the kind words and thoughts on this. It just seems here in Florida i sense some growing resentment towards the swift sailors. It's very reminiscent of my return here in 1970. Not a comfortable feeling!

By definition, nearly one-third the country hates you swift vets. Just because you have the balls to stand up and not let a dishonorable man rise to the position of CinC.

You put your life on the line and you got dumped on for it when you came home. You put your honor on the line today and you're getting dumped on by the very same people.

It could be worse. At least you're warm, and dry, and not getting shot at. That doesn't mean you're safe. Take care of yourself, and keep the faith. The truth will out.

I'm proud of you. Even if you didn't get a medal for doing what you had to do, doing what was expected of you. For doing what was right then, and what is right now.

God bless you, sir.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What cipher said!

Zell Miller
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see two goals here. First is to expose the truth about Kerry. We all owe a debt of gratitude to the Swifties for what they have done to bring this out. Without you guys I would not have known the depth of Kerry's subversive attack on the presidency.

I'm a AF vet from that era also, a BB Stacker. I built bombs for B-52's. When I left in 1969, I was just happy to have done my time and got out of there. I knew of Hanoi Jane but nothing of Kerry. I just wasn't into politics at that time.

In the current election I have disliked his liberal politics, and that was plenty for me to wish him an early retirement. But now seeing the incredible premeditation of self-agrandizement to make himself a hero at the expense of real heros sickens me.

That brings up the second point which is to make sure this phoney does not become President. From a tactical standpoint Bush is probable right to stand aside from this fray. It is encombant upon us, Swifties and supporters, to play this card. Kerry's charactor is a major issue. Let us continue, here in this forum and what ever media exposure we can muster, to expose the truth about who Kerry really is.

Let Bush and his campaign demonstrate that he is the alternative. So long as Bush is only giving minor lip service to end all 527's it will not matter and likely will continue to show he is not involved in this group, inspite of what Kerry's skreeching talking heads say. I for one think McCain/Finegold was a mistake and is an affront to free speach, but we have a big enough mountain to climb at the moment.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make no mistake about it: John McCain is running for President.

He is going to be the one who is going to take the reins from Dubya when he's done in '08.

There is no such thing as coincidence. And there are far too many coincidences for it not being orchestrated.

Look for legislation to reorganize 527s after the election, by which time it will be a moot point. And don't think for a moment that McCain will not have his fingers in the crafting of the legislation.

Oh, the liberals are just going to go ballistic. And there's not going to be a thing they can do about it.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Have we been betrayed again? Reply with quote

Wuzthere2 wrote:
Holding a finger up to test the breeze lately and it was hit by some slime. Would like to know what the prevailing wisdom is regarding the Bush McCain alliance against the 527s. Have we just been used once again? And in case you think I'm just some hack, I helped pull two guys out the Bay Hap on March 13th...and don't have the first medal to show for it! That would be the same story for everyone on the 23 boat. Then as now, something doesn't smell quite right here. Kind of like just before an ambush.

Wuzthere2 - thank you for your service & protecting our freedoms - you guys should have heard that a long time ago. Hang in there, and have faith. I too was worried about this issue, so I did some searching. Here is what I understand from the article (linked below). He doesn't want to "abolish" them, he wants them to live under the same campaign finance restrictions as hard-money campaign groups (ie, each donor can donate no more that $2000). THAT would eliminate George Soros being able to contribute $5 - 10 million to any of these Dem 527s. This is a smart strategy (IMHO) - - full article below:

Link: http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/editorial/27551.htm
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Wuz,

First, thanks.

That can't cover the strength of the feelings we have for you and your fellow Swifties -- but you get the idea, right? Very Happy

Take heart in that we are seeing some really unusual times -- even tonight in NYC where the Republicans are having their say.

Ultra-lib actor, Ron Silver, will be endorsing George Bush! That about bowled me out into the pool twenty floors below our apartment.

Kerry's kids get booed in Miami.

That to me says alot as well. Young kids are getting their news from the Internet and you are really easy to find nowadays. Your story is effective because it is the truth.

I also sense that this will help set a number of things right from wrong -- especially with the past treatment of Vietnam Vets.

It has been said that when you are getting kicked from the rear, it means you are out in front!

Regards,

Cazador
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honored, You guys have done great. Kerry will never be President now because of your efforts and he will be shown for the traitor he is do not despair keep it up,It is a good fight, and you do your country a service once more THANK YOU!!!!!
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

per McCain in the article: No one wants to abolish them, but as Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said yesterday: "They should live under the same campaign-finance restrictions [as hard-money campaign groups], because they are engaged in partisan activity."

Either way, they won't be able to get anything through the courts until after this election is over & they are planning for the next one.

Thank you sir again, for your service! Very Happy
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: