SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA Today hires Michael Moore for RNC??!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt really matter if Moore doesnt get pulled. The only people that will take him seriously will be the far left radicals anyways. Most people, democrat and republicans, know that he is nothing but a bag of lies.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragoro wrote:
Doesnt really matter if Moore doesnt get pulled. The only people that will take him seriously will be the far left radicals anyways. Most people, democrat and republicans, know that he is nothing but a bag of lies.

Not only Moore, USA Today is just as slanted. I wouldn't read it at gunpoint.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinfalla, heh heh heh. Smile

Dragoro, exactly. I personally like the idea that he's there. He's a real sadist for wanting to take that job, and he only stirs up the delegates in a good way for them to remind them how important it is for Bush to win and kerry to lose! Smile I personally like that he's there. He's a disgusting pig, but I'm glad he's there to highlight the importance of this election. Smile
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw our little fat toad frog up in the balcony grinning more like a possum - but, I'd be smiling too if I made the millions that he did by capitalizing off of the general hatred of the liberals.

That pretty much gives the sum total of US Today's credibility - about the same level as that of the National Enquirer. I don't subscribe to their newspaper and I think those that do deserves to live in darkness.

"If any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant." Apostle Paul

Any old dead fish can float downstream - it takes a live fish to swim against the force of the mainstream media, applying elementary principles of critical thinking - the truth is worth the swim!
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After tonight I expect that Michael Moore will be fired. It is the first rule of (good) journalism that you are supposed to report the news rather than becoming the news....and Michael Moore failed badly at that. Worse (at least from the perspective of his Dem-leaning handlers) is that he became a postive focal point for the RNC and that is not a good thing from the Dem perspective.

Truth is Beauty
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Moore was there, we needed a visual of the enemy.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that fat furry hippo uses food to compensate for that hole where his soul used to be, after McCain's speech and the audience reaction, God help the Krispy Kreme next door.

SOTG
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: USA Today hires Michael Moore for RNC??!?! Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
USA Today has hired Michael Moore to cover the RNC convention?

Yeah, it was announced about a month ago. Obviously a stunt to sell papers, so who can blame them? I don't read USA Today anyway, and can't think of anyone who does (even friends who work 5 days a week on the road and get a free copy delivered every morning to the front door of their hotal rooms).

Over the next week he'll certainly perk up the moonbats with a few snarky comments and GED-level "insights", but by Friday he'll fade back into the shadows where he belongs.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Any bets on the likelihood of the mooooooore-on being fired? Wink

I'd like to see Moore fired......out of a cannon! Exclamation

Hell, it seems the largest piece we have in our arsenal would be an 8 inch gun - Fat A-- Moore wouldn't come close to fitting in it!

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off Topic and will be moving to Geedunk Shortly thankyou
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see.... Michael Moore is gathering information for a new documentary:

"Bowling for POW's circa 1971" A film that proves that the Hanoi Hilton really was a palace where our soldiers enjoyed lavish meals and massages for six years while poor John Kerry put his life at risk to throw his medals over a fence? I'm anxious to see how he spins this yarn.
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Moore turns tail and runs after 1 night at RNC Reply with quote

GOP 2004: Moore May Not Return to MSG

By Joe Strupp

Published: August 31, 2004 Updated at 5 PM EST

NEW YORK Following all the commotion Monday night, Michael Moore may not return to Madison Square Garden for the Republican National Convention. According to editors at USA Today, which is publishing his daily column this week, Moore told them that he was choosing not to return again.

However, they said he would continue to write his daily column and they stressed that in no way did they second-guess their decision to have him write the commentary.

But on Tuesday afternoon, Moore e-mailed E&P to clarify his position, saying that he may return to the convention and that it is his "right as a writer to be there."

Last month, Ann Coulter, who had been hired by USA Today to write a column at the Democratic National Convention, quit after the editors requested many changes in her first submission.

Read the entire article
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Moore turns tail and runs after 1 night at RNC Reply with quote

FredRum wrote:
GOP 2004: Moore May Not Return to MSG

By Joe Strupp

Published: August 31, 2004 Updated at 5 PM EST

NEW YORK Following all the commotion Monday night, Michael Moore may not return to Madison Square Garden for the Republican National Convention. According to editors at USA Today, which is publishing his daily column this week, Moore told them that he was choosing not to return again.

However, they said he would continue to write his daily column and they stressed that in no way did they second-guess their decision to have him write the commentary.

But on Tuesday afternoon, Moore e-mailed E&P to clarify his position, saying that he may return to the convention and that it is his "right as a writer to be there."

Last month, Ann Coulter, who had been hired by USA Today to write a column at the Democratic National Convention, quit after the editors requested many changes in her first submission.

Read the entire article

Boy would I love to have that fat assed bloviator drop and do just 5. Then 5 more. Then 5 more.

That guy wouldn't last beyond the first day.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA Today has leaned sharply to the left since they had their management shake up over the past year. They may have been just as bad before this, but I hadn't noticed. I've noticed the recent slant since I travel a lot, and many hotels leave a copy of USA Today outside my room door each day. I noticed the copy is not complimentary,however, and they actually add a small charge to my bill for the paper. When I check in now, as a standard part of my routine, I ask them to not provide me a USA Today and credit my bill accordingly. Whenever I see one lying around, I file it appropriately. It was never a good paper, akin to reading a cereal box in my mind, but now it's just pure trash and hiring Michael Moore to cover the republican convention just proves it. What next -the Detroit Free Press hiring Nader to cover the automotive beat in Mo-town?

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: