SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delegate Wears 'Purple Heart' Bandages
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
I know quite a few guys who earned their Purple Hearts the hard way and carry around visible scars

Well now you know one more...

And this one thinks it's damn funny... Laughing

I got more time in the horizontal position enroute to a hospital...
than that jerk (Kerry) does in the hospital... Evil or Very Mad...Grrrrrrr

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
Is there any law or regulation against disgracing a medal?

How about throwing them into the dirt in a public display ?

What if that individual was still in the service at the time?

Excellent point.

Whether one agrees with the PH bandages or not, the fact remains that Kerry himself threw his medals down on the ground, and that alone disqualifies him from complaining about parodies. If Kerry himself shows no respect for the medals awarded him, then he need not expect other people to show him any respect, either.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny but I defer to the Vets' opinions here.

What I find funny is that the Kerryites are upset about it. The more upset they get, the funnier I it becomes.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any delegate who wears a purple heart bandaid obviously has not idea what it stands for and that a PH deserves more respect than to be an object of amusement for ridicule.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you but I think it's not about mocking the award in any way. It's about mocking Kerry.

I believe they'd take them off in a heartbeat in the Vets were really upset, but that it is so irritating to the Kerryites is lucious. There's nothing I personally enjoy more than watching Terry McAuliffe froth at the mouth. Very Happy
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Any delegate who wears a purple heart bandaid obviously has not idea what it stands for and that a PH deserves more respect than to be an object of amusement for ridicule.

Yea, but at least they wore them and didn't symbolically throw them away....like Kerry did.

Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: McAuliffe wallowing in contradictions Reply with quote

lucky: > Lighten up people. It is a joke.

Aimed exclusively at Kerry.

And the story was breaking at about the same time
that the RNC convention was presenting a tribute
to vets.

I could be mistaken, but I don't recall the DNC
convention having any such tribute.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tongue-in- cheek purple heart with a band-aid is funny. Compared to saying that Bush betrayed his country, Bush lied, Bush is a 'miserable failure' and all the other totally over-the-top crap thrown at the CIC this is nothing. Terry McAullife is a pissant. My guess is that he is the reason the dems have grown so bitter and full of hatred. He fans the flames of hatred year after year. There never was this level of vitriol anywhere until Terry McAullife entered stage left. This guy has lead his party over the edge and I do believe that someday moderates like Evan Bayh (along with Zell Miller) and Joe Lieberman will give the party an ultimatum. They cannot continue to hob-nob with the dregs of society and expect to stay anywhere close enough to the mainstream to win back any type of majority. The democratic party is no more. Take a look at the social misfits marching around in the streets in N.Y. These people hardly remember what they are protesting anymore. [I forgot! What are we protesting today. Is it anti-war, abortion rights, big business, world trade, the enviroment???]

Would you invite these people into your living room for a cup of coffee? I think not.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: funny v. disrespect Reply with quote

Buffalo writes that, “a PH deserves more respect than to be an object of amusement,”

And Almount writes: “… but at least they wore them and didn't symbolically throw them away …like Kerry did.”

Yeah, fine line here. I too thought it funny and deservedly mocking Kerry, but then also get a bit uneasy that some will truly take offense (unlike the whore McAuliffe’s pretended anguish), seeing it as disrespectful/insensitive of what the PH represents.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is probably going to happen when brawling with the likes of Kerry, McAuliffe, et al. Probably like wrestling a pig, you’re going to get dirty.

Anyway, I suspect that any unintentional disrespect/insensitivity occurring on our side pales in comparison to Kerry’s deliberate disrespect and dishonor.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet, they don't dismiss the insane ramblings of Al Sharpton & Howard "the scream" Dean, and let Kerry attack George Bush's military record.

They truly don't see the hypocrisy of this statement, when weighed against what Kerry did in 1971? OMG - - get the medics, these people are too stupid to breathe!!!

What a waste of good skin. Rolling Eyes
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this delegate is a Vet? If he is, that changes it a bit. A Vet has every right to do that if they want. I was planning to make one and wear it but after reading some of the things here, I won't, even if it is a slam on kerry, just because I don't ever want to do anything that cheapens military decorations or anything like that. Even though it's obvious kerry didn't deserve at LEAST two of his Purple Hearts, better to ere on the side of caution.

I've been fed up and sick of mccauliffe for many years now. He's just a paid clinton ankle biting dog. Funny how now suddenly he doesn't think anyone in a uniform should be degraded, but for the past couple years he's been ripping the President daily, and he wore the uniform for more than a couple years, and flew one of the most difficult to fly jets the Air Force has ever had. And like someone else here said, mccauliffe has never worn any uniform. I wonder what he was doing in the 60s and 70s? Why wasn't he serving somewhere? Was he in London or Moscow with his bestest friend bill clinton at the time? He's also nervous because it's pretty well considered that if Bush wins at all, big or small, mccauliffe will get his pink slip. He's been a dismal failure as dnc chairman because he's nothing but a radical venomous liberal hack wannabe. He needs to be sterolized so he can't corrupt the gene pool, especailly givent he company he keeps can't control themselves, it's likely he can't either.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess in my opinion this is one of those things (the bandaids) that will either tick off Vets or to some it won't. I wish that they had found another way of mocking Kerry, there are just too many men and woman who wear those Awards.
I agree kerry made a mockerey of the Awards he was given by tossing them over a fence (I still do not buy his retraction on that, that they were someone elses or only ribbons yadda yadda spin spin). I agree he did not deserve the PH for his injuries. I agree he should be held to task for that and all the other issues surrounding him.
I agree McCaullife is a major league hypocrite!
Almount, you have my deepest respect, I defer to your opinion on this though! You have been there and done that, I have not. If you can see the humor in it, good enough for me. I certainly would not hold it against anyone who is a BTDT who finds it humerous. You earned that right!
Airborne All the Way! [/i]
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously there are varying opinions on whether this was funny or in good taste. For that reason, I won't address that part of it...What I will address is that it is coming up now from every Kerry talking head and being spun as the President and his cronies mocking veterans! If the story linked earlier in this thread is to be beileved...A) This was ONE guy doing this...he was asked to stop and agreed to do so; and B)THERE is NO ONE on the planet that would actually believe his actions (while perhaps in poor taste) were intended to MOCK ANY veteran other than JOHN F'in KERRY! I am SO SICK OF THE KERRY SPIN MACHINE. They get asked a question about what KERRY will do and answer it by mischaracterizing the actions of one delegate at the RNC...the people will NEVER get to hear what Kerry will do at this rate. They are too busy pointing fingers at anyone that happens to be in their way. Whew. End of rant.

~Kylie
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmpatriot wrote:
End of rant. ~Kylie

But a very good one...couldn't agree with you more.. Laughing

Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: CNN foot-in-mouth disease Reply with quote

There's a report that CNN's Wolf Blitzer has said of
the bandaid gag:

"This kind of thing could backfire if it is viewed as a
slam against veterans who did earn their Purple Hearts."

If true, a major Freudian slip by Wolfie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: