SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stop the Ads that question his Medals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docmccain
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the medals are in question becuase of how Kerry seems to have gotten them. But what matters more is the fact he got of nam as soon as he could . If was as much of a leader or hero that he says he is he would stayed! Then he stood with Hanoi Jane. A man like that we do not need in the oval office!
I was never in nam but was with the usmc out LeJune 3 rd bat 8th marines 1970 to 1971

Doc McCain USN/USMC
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say shoot at the guy from every angle you can. He has a record of polluting the minds of Americans, it's only natural that people want to clean once in awhile.

My daughter couldn't even begin to be called political. I showed her some of the stuff on Kerry, like his book cover and I get 3 or 4 emails a day. She has been actively telling her comrades about him and his record. Say what you will, but information will bring people around quickly.

I say the medal angle has worked well with vets, no vet likes a pretender. The propoganda after his service fits with most others. Lotsa different people in this world. If he cheated on one of his wives, I want to out that too so we can get the wives of this world against him.

I think the aim of this board is to see that John Kerry doesn't become Commander in Chief, we are at war and his command would jeapardize that. I'll use any honest means to reach that end.

Can any one of you honestly tell me you think he deserves all of his medals?
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Stop the Ads that question his Medals Reply with quote

Sgt Mastrorillo wrote:
I am a Marine Vietnam vet 68-69 I believe that the Ads that question Kerrys medals and how he won them give him to much wiggle room. The ads that I want to see all over the place is the playing of his testimony to congress. It hurt me to hear it I was just released from the Marine Corp and starting a civilian life. His testimony smeared us. I have contributed several time to the Swiftees and I hope everyone here contributes and continues to contribute
Semper Fi

Most of the vets I talk with are more concerned with what John Kerry did when he returned to the US.

I disagree. The veterans will not, but the public might forgive John Kerry for his anti-war stance because “time heals all wounds”.

I am fully convinced that the medal issue is what will bring Kerry down. This issue is going on right now. Kerry attempted to stand on his hero status in a war he was ashamed of. And some folks think George is stupid! Geez, who is giving this guy advice? Oh my God! Do you suppose Teresa? Never mind.

Sam
Blueghost
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Bronze Star with combat V Reply with quote

Bronze Star is awarded for valor, their is no ""Combat V" Shocked and Confused
MCRD San Diego, MCB Camp Pendleton, MCAS (H)Futenma OKI, MCAGCC 29 Palms and MCAS Kaneohe, HI
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viet Nam is correct. Vietnam is probably acceptable in English.
The Vietnamese language is a mono-syllabic language. There are no words in the language than cannot be pronounced as a single syllable.
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blueghost,

The Bronze Star can be awarded either for merit or for valor in combat. In the latter case it carries a "V". The Silver Star and higher do not carry "V"s since they are awarded SOLELY for valor in combat.

Dane
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurik wrote:
Sgt Mastrorillo wrote:
One more thing I always see it spelled vietnam one word

Yes, that's the way you usually see it in the popular press, and amogn lazy writers (self included on occasion).
However, Viet Nam is proper. As in Quang Nam province.
I was assigned to work with our battalion Kit Carson Scout and interpreters.

I received the newsletter mailed by the South Vietnamese government in the early 70's. they used both "Vietnam" and "Viet Nam". The latter would be correct considering the normal spelling of words.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
mikencove
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Who Cares About His Medals? Reply with quote

I honestly don't care about Mr. Kerry's medals. I know that is has been common practice to give medals to officers simply for showing up, and I assume his fall into that category.What really matters is that he defamed and denounced his fellow veterans and gave aid and comfort to the enemy while our men were in POW camps in North Vietnam. For that, he should never be allowed to become president.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Who Cares About His Medals? Reply with quote

mikencove wrote:
I honestly don't care about Mr. Kerry's medals. I know that is has been common practice to give medals to officers simply for showing up, and I assume his fall into that category.What really matters is that he defamed and denounced his fellow veterans and gave aid and comfort to the enemy while our men were in POW camps in North Vietnam. For that, he should never be allowed to become president.

Yeah. I know. The problem is that the voting public isn't as atuned to this issue as veterans and other patriots.

Presenting Kerry as a "Fake Hero" to todays electorate has significant value. He is a "poser", a "wannabe", A "Brovo male" who changed the record to make it look like he was an "Alpha Male'. He isn't presidential material, but he is pretending that he could be president. A fake pretender contender.

The portrait of Kerry as pretending to be more than he really is has broader impact than the '71 issue

But I agree that his betrayal is reason enough for me.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: