SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly to host John O'Neill?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big man at FOX sure screwed this one up. And, we all see the results because the lackeys on the show, (BOR and Shep Smith) are sure kowtowing to the Kerry party line. Fox will start losing its core audience soon. I watched MSNBC last night and saw Chris get blasted by Miller. Did anyone see Larry Gatllin jump all over Ron Reagan and the "street audience" in After Hours? Gatlin has had enough too.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="markasass"]
Quote:

Anxiously awaiting Tuesday 07 September 2004 and am cautiously optimistic.

markasass, Is this a confirmed date for Mr. O'Neill to be on BOR's show? Gotta setup the VCR for this one!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of BOR (I'm a some time fan), he had a democrat of some type on his show a few weeks ago. The guest mentioned SBVT and BOR asked what was that? Then the guest began to chastise BOR for not knowing that SBVT were getting attention on all the cable new shows, etc.
I think BOR is out of touch with a lot of things, much like the politicians he criticizes.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llano wrote:
In defense of BOR (I'm a some time fan), he had a democrat of some type on his show a few weeks ago. The guest mentioned SBVT and BOR asked what was that? Then the guest began to chastise BOR for not knowing that SBVT were getting attention on all the cable new shows, etc.
I think BOR is out of touch with a lot of things, much like the politicians he criticizes.

And then when he found out about the swiftees he proceeded to trash them without giving them a fair hearing. That is what we are complaining about. He admits he still has not read the book. Flush..........there goes the credibility. Buh Bye BOR!!!

Zell Miller
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The train for spin o'reilly to redeem himself left the station a couple weeks ago as far as I'm concerned. When Mr. O'Neil gets on there I hope he rips o'reilly to pieces and points out all the ways he was WRONG about SBVT!
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Too bad Brit Hume doesn't have a Premium Membership

Just go to Hannity.com
Don't have to pay
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John needs to watch him. I really have been disapointed in Bill lately

Guess he got enough of bad e-mail sent to him. I think I have sent about ten
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to handle O`Reilly is to make Hannity the #1 show on cable t.v. Let`s not watch him, let`s not buy his new book or his products and for goodness sake give up your premium membership. He understands the power of the people.
Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret.
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hold my breath on a any BOR deals as he only toot's his own horn if it benifits BOR. He has found a new word "Pithy" that someone e-mailed him and used it and now he beats it to death.

The BIG FOX is in Kerry's bag and BOR only selects what he want to put out about the truth about Kerry.

Kerry's going down fast now & the add's the Swift's are doing their job. All the Media is flip-flopping around to grab claim to say "I Told Ya So" as they see the crumbling Demmy's distance themself from Kerry. Even Big Teddy has gone into hidding.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly and SBVT Reply with quote

I believe that Bill O'Reilly got his comeuppance when he ran a poll about whether people thought coverage of the Swift Boat ads should stop, and 62% of his viewers voted NO. I sent him an E-mail stating that, since his viewers obviously wanted more coverage of the Swift Boat controversy, the only way to be "fair and balanced" would be to have a Swift Boat Veteran and a Kerry campaign guy on his show, and let them debate.

I also wrote that O'Reilly's ignoring 62% of "the folks" was not exactly looking out for them!

Maybe, if O'Reilly was bombarded with E-mails by people who believe SBVT and want more coverage, he might be persuaded to pursue the issue with an open mind, and not give short shrift to the Swifts.
skipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly's Swift Boat Spin Zone Reply with quote

Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent O'Reilly yesterday.

Dear Bill,
Around 8am on 9/1/04 I caught a snippet of an interview you gave on AM 710 radio. In regard to a question on your opinion of the Swift Vets, you began by saying something to the effect that if you are going to attack hatchet men and character assassins on the left then you have to do so for those on the right. You immediately followed by stating that you carefully studied the matter and concluded there were misrepresentations on both sides. You then stated that Kerry had problems in that he never went to Cambodia, and he probably fudged his first purple heart. That only confirms what the Swift Vets have been saying all along.
Keeping in mind that the Cambodian Lie was not just an idle embellishment of a self serving braggart, but it was delivered in the most florid language in the United States Senate for the express purpose of manipulating official US foreign policy. Add to this the fact Kerry lied in his interview on the Cavett show about the suppossed mutiny that resulted in the removal of his commanding officer, and that he changed his story of the Rassmann rescue from all boats fled but mine to all boats stayed but mine, and you begin to get the picture of a pathological liar.
Now to the point. For you to imply that the 254 Swift Boat Veterans are right wing hatchet men and "character assassins," is a direct slap in the face of men who served admirably and for a much longer time than Lt. Kerry. Let me inform you that Lt. Kerry went to great lengths to slander the good name of his war time colleagues. I've seen the Cavett interview, and Kerry emphatically states that he and his unit were ordered to burn villages and engage in free fire zones. He lied about a meeting with Adm. Zumwalt in which Kerry says criminal tactics were lauded by high ranking officials. Let me further inform you that Mr. O'Neill took Lt. Kerry to task for his assassination of the collective character of the men of the Swift Boat Division way back in 1971 - long before there was a Bush in the White House or a Right Wing Conspiracy.
You have some of the facts right, but your conclusion is ALL WRONG. There was a hatchet man and a character assassin at work in the Swift Boat Unit, but it wasn't John O'Neill, it was John Kerry.
I'm especially disappointed in you, Bill, because you have been neither fair nor balanced. You give Kerry a pass just because he served in the military, but you havn't called him on any of his many documented inconsistancies. At the same time you defame the Swift Vets, who also served and who have pointed out many unthrths in the Kerry war stories.
There is only one way for you to regain your stature with me. In light of the fact that Mr. Brinkley has disavowed any exclusive right to retain possession of Senator Kerry's war records, it is your obligation to demand that the Senator release these records. After all, Lt. Kerry received 5 medals of valor in 31/2 months of combat duty a feat greater than ANY SERVICEMAN/WOMAN IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Why wouldn't he want to release his records??? You're the great Spin Detective Bill - you find out why.
Restore my confidence in the No Spin Zone and don't MISS THE BOAT.

Disappointed,

Ted Feimer
Rockaway Point, NY

If anyone agrees with the sentiments I expressed above, perhaps you could ditto your affirmation and send them to O'Reilly's e-mail address at fox news.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Skipper's Letter Reply with quote

Skipper has excellent points, but his letter is much too long to get read on O'Reilly's show. If someone can write that in a short, "pithy" way, it might get O'Reilly's attention. I think he has people who check E-mails (including those opposing O'Reilly's views) who probably eliminate those they consider to be too long.
works4me
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't want Oreilly to read it on his show, I would prefer it sink into his brain and he does his job.

I think that is the most important no?
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll never read it. I just get the impression that bor and jk have seriously underestimated our military once again. Do they both wanna take on the Armed Forces, "We are liberators not occupiers".... Zell
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think that after the last 3 nights speeches, BOR sees the writing on the wall regarding Kerry's slim to no chance of being elected and wants to start aligning himself with the winning side. He is definately a "fair weather" friend of conservatives.

Just my dos centavos,

diane in IL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: