SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think the e-mails pushed BOR to get an interview with O'Neill. I quit watching when he called all of us who supported swiftvets "right wing nuts". I e-mail him and told him until he aplogized I would not watch him again. (although I will watch Tues night to see John O'Neill bury BOR).

The internet is a powerful source...while MSM still are taking a back step to the swiftvets word has reached people who only watch MSM. So keep the e-mails going...BOR can only ignore them for so long and then he will have to step up to the plate as he will loose viewerships...and when people started cancelling memberships and some retrurned books Very Happy - loved that one! He had to take notice as this WAS affecting him personally...good ole America...money talks!
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Oniel have the chance to be prepared. Reply with quote

JimJ wrote:
Will O'neill know ahead of time what source material he needs to have on hand that lends credence to his claims. After all a lot has been said and claimed. A full package of backup doumentation and references will be a heavy load to bring along.

From what I've seen, O'Neill will still come through. He rattles off detailed responses to detailed questions, while quoting the exact source (page 302 of "Tour", etc.) every time. Somewhere I read he has a photographic memory. Dont know if thats true, but he certainly knows his facts inside and out.

Is Hurley or some other clown going to be there interrupting him, though?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want BOR to be fair, then we have to be fair ahead of O'Neill's appearance. Let BOR read the book, have O'Neill on, and then we can make a judgement. My chief complaint about BOR in all of this was that he hadn't read the book prior to commenting on the Swiftees. Once he reads it, and has O'Neill himself to interpret it for him, BOR may have a different attitude. If he doesn't, then there's plenty of time to point that out. I can't answer to why he had not read it previously, but he may not have had the time, or had other priorities for that time. At least now he is reading it, even if he's forced by circumstances to do so. BOR has no military experience, so some of the info is going to have to be explained to him. I'll bet dollars to donuts, and them's good odds, that BOR wouldn't know COMCRUDESPAC from CLOSE COVER BEFORE STRIKING. Very Happy
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether BOR is hostile or not, the exposure shows: 1. O'Neill is not afraid to go anywhere he is invited, including that smarmy, smug Bill Maher, in contrast to Traitor John, who hasn't the guts to face a reporter on all the unanswered questions about his service record, Senate record, anti-war activities, etc.; and 2. It keeps the SBVT in the news and the pressure on Traitor John and John-Boy to put up or shut up.

If BOR gets obnoxious, it will backfire on him, the way Chris Matthews tanked when trying his bully act on Zell.

I see no downside. Bring It On!

Larry
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larrygj wrote:
Whether BOR is hostile or not, the exposure shows: 1. O'Neill is not afraid to go anywhere he is invited, including that smarmy, smug Bill Maher, in contrast to Traitor John, who hasn't the guts to face a reporter on all the unanswered questions about his service record, Senate record, anti-war activities, etc.; and 2. It keeps the SBVT in the news and the pressure on Traitor John and John-Boy to put up or shut up.

If BOR gets obnoxious, it will backfire on him, the way Chris Matthews tanked when trying his bully act on Zell.

I see no downside. Bring It On!

Larry

That suggests that everyone should ask, where's F-ing, why can't he answer these questions for himself? Is this how he intends to run the country, by sending out subordinates to deal with problems? Yoohoo, where's Waldo?
LiveFreeOrDie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lost all respect for O'Reilly, and even if he now takes the side of SBVT, I will still despise him.

It is unforgiveable that a commentator with the largest audience on TV irresponsibly condemned the Swift Vets without even checking the facts. And not once, but repeatedly.

He is like John Kerry, trying to take whatever position he believes will maximize his ratings, no matter how ludicrous, illogical or inane it may be.

He is a disgrace to the integrity of Fox News. They should fire him.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never bought BOR's act so I don't share the general sense of betrayal on this and other threads. BOR is a phoney contrarian, a contrived pose to ilicit outrage and ratings. His sorry habit of insinuating his own pathetic anecdotes into every interview underlines his lack of substance.

"Out Foxed" was a humorous little piece. Its tacit premice was that supporting the administration or conservatives was somehow nefarious. It completely ignored that the 'Nattering Nabobs' in the MSM practised the same techniques bashing the 'Silent Majority'. What it did do well was show BOR for the smarmy jackhole he is. He's been grabbing his ankles for the lib's in an attempt to re-establish his 'cred' (P Diddy? Give me a freakin break!).

All that being said we'll learn Tuesday whether:
-He will have an epiphany, wrap himself in the flag, embrace Oneill and proclaim a righteous crusade against JFnK.
-He tries to play it safe and above the fray by remaining 'thoughtfully' undecided.
-He ignores the numbers and joins the mad dog Carvill, Lanny Davis et.al. hoping to get a social invite from Dan Rather.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is much better for our cause that BOR has Mr. O'Neil on now.

As I said many weeks ago, having BOR do a turn around on this lends more legitimacy to it that would not be there had he jumped right on it.

An open skeptic who becomes convinced is far more valuable - no matter how sincere/insincere that skepticism was.

Plus, and this is huge, the interview is AFTER the conventions which will be important to regain the momentum. Regaining the momentum will not be as easy as achieving it the first time was. I think this is great news and having the first interview on the #1 cable news show is a tremendous way to start off the after-convention phase.

I'm very happy.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreeing with TVAUGHN.

BOR is calculating enough to have planned this strategy. I can only hope it's true for all the reasons you state.
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what BOR thinks.

What matters is getting O'Neill on a show with a huge nationwide audience where he can continue to make his case and allow people to decide for themselves.
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further comments on BOR hosting O'Neill on duplicate topic thread here:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7150
Recon9
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday. Any fair discussion will be great. Mr. O'Neil does a great job in just about any environment.

However, I heard BOR say he needed time to investigate Mr. O'Neil as well as read the book. Sounds like he might be setting the stage to put Mr. O'Neil under the microscope rather than the Details in the book.

I will watch Tuesday, but I have given up on BOR!!!
RickInDallas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the email address: askbill@billoreilly.com
is more likely to get your message read than oreilly@foxnews.com.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickInDallas wrote:
I heard that the email address: askbill@billoreilly.com
is more likely to get your message read than oreilly@foxnews.com.

Thanks, RickInDallas. I hadn't heard of that one. The 3rd I have is bill.oreilly@foxnews.com. Will add askbill@billoreilly.com. I wonder if this is the address Premium Member's "private" e-mail form is sent to?

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
I do not believe he will be fair.

He will!

But he'll ask some tough questions, point out discrepencies (sp?) and do his Fair and Balanced high wire act!

But Bill is pretty fair. Believes in the war in Iraq!

Bush didn't lie!

Saddam was a Tyrant to ......... blah, blah!

I look forward to it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: