SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's advisers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p0w3rpl4y3r
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain is playing smart politics when looking forward to the 2008 elections. He doesn't know if the allegations being put forward by the swifties are true or not since he wasn't there so he's staying out of it. Kerry's communist sympathies are well documented though so he says "it's fair to go after him on that".

If you look at the line up for 2008 you have two possible outcomes (at the moment):
1.) Kerry wins 2004 and runs again in 2008. His leftist agenda goes nowhere because both the house and senate are republican. He's a failed leader with no accomplishments and loses the 2008 election to McCain by a landslide thanks to McCain's bi-partisan popularity.
2.) Bush gets re-elected in 2004 leaving McCain to run against Clinton in 2008. (This is what I believe will actually happen. I also think it will be a close race.)

If my observations are correct and work out the way I believe they will I cannot blame McCain for steering wide when it comes to the medals. Doing otherwise could take away badly needed democratic votes when battling the Clinton tag-team.
phrein
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Arizona and have voted for McCain several times. As soon as I saw him denounce the swift boat ad as "dishonorable and dishonest", I sent him email asking him about his comments.

No answer.

I sent him 4 more emails and STILL no answer.

My last email was simple...I will NEVER again vote for you Mr. McCain!!!!
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain is the Republican Howard Dean.
His behaviour is bizzarre, he lacks emotional stability. His outbursts and hot temper are legendary. Definitely not Presidential timber.
Giuliani on the other hand made the speech of his life Monday night. He will be the one to watch in '08.
McCain seems strong because he is the Media's go to guy for critical comments about other Republicans. He reminds me of another hero from my youth. Decorated WWII fighter pilot and first American to orbit the earth - John Glenn. Those of you old enough to remember know what a hero he was. But then he became a Democratic Senator from Ohio and slowly degenerated to the pathetic partisan hack we see today. I am embarassed to see what this once great man has become.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's automatic, knee-jerk reaction to any topic that comes up is to reference it somehow.......anyhow.......to his service in Viet Nam--I don't think he even thinks about it or does it consciously--It's just the first thing that comes out--I'm pretty sure that if he was asked what he wants for dinner, he'd manage to mention something from his four months in Viet Nam in his response--

I've come to the conclusion that he sees his service in Nam as quite possibly the only thing he's done in his adult life that he's proud of 'cause he really hasn't accomplished much since he came back (other than to slander every other vet who served in Viet Nam, marry a couple of wealthy women, and give CPR to a hamster)--Pretty sad, when you think about it, considering all of the opportunities that he's had--

Quote:
p0w3rpl4y3r said:

If you look at the line up for 2008 you have two possible outcomes (at the moment):
2.) Bush gets re-elected in 2004 leaving McCain to run against Clinton in 2008. (This is what I believe will actually happen. I also think it will be a close race.)

I'm not so sure--McCain will be 72 in 2008 and may or may not feel like putting himself.......and his wife, who's been ill.......through the rigors of a series of presidential primaries and then a general election campaign and then four to eight years of what is arguably the most stressful job on the planet--

I think Rudy's a better bet in '08--C
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Advisors Reply with quote

If you notice Kerry and his advisors have not brought up the POW/MIA Commission. Thats because it was a farce and nothing more to get relations restored between US and Vietnam and for Kerry's relative to pick up the first large contract awarded. The Commission said see we looked into it and there is no on unaccounted for. They refused to let any testimony from anyone who may have contradict them. Don't forget Kerry killed a bill at that time dealing with Vietnam (may have been human rights not sure now) that had passed the house with only 2 no votes. Kerry had the bill killed in the Senate. Even then he was looking out for his friends, not his "Band of Brothers".
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vietnam Human Rights Act passed the House by a 410–1 vote last year. Kerry killed it in the Senate for his commie allies.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the terrible advice by Kerry's campaign is due to the fact that they had all pretty much bought the Kerry as war hero BS. Think about how little people knew about Kerry's service before the SBVFT. People just knew 3 PH, BS and SS. They knew no details at all.

When the SBVFT emerged the Dems absolutely assumed they were fakes and smears, and their response was (I think) appropriate for fakes and smears. Ignore it, and it will go away. They were counting on the MSM to defend them if necessary.

What they did not count on, and what Kerry was unable to bring himself to tell them, was that the stories of the SBVFT actually checked out. These guys were the real deal, and the truth, as being told by 200+ credible men, does not go away quietly.

Of course, Kerry blames his people for their bad advice, unable to accept responsibility for himself. Men telling the truth require a very different response than men telling lies. It was up to Kerry to have told his team which one the SBFVT were.

Then, much like Clinton did in the Lewinsky scandal, Kerry sent out his surrogates to defend him without arming them with the truth. It is difficult to fight off the truth with lies. A lot of credibility was lost, and not just by Kerry. His surrogates lost credibility, too, making them less effective in the future.

There are still people who do not know the details of Kerry's time in Vietnam (I had dinner with one last night), but once they hear details, 1. They like Kerry less for the details themselves, 2. His response shows that his character has not changed much in 35 years, and suggest these massive character flaws are still very relevant.

It's also important to note that the MSM has REALLY exposed itself this last month. There are strong signs that there has been a major shift in how people will be getting their information in the future (just look at the TV ratings! WOW! Fox beats the broadcast networks? Wow! Wow! Wow!)

What is sinking Kerry's ship even faster is that his people are now realizing that he lied to them as well, the SBVFT are exactly what they say they are, and that they backed the wrong candidate in the primaries.

We can not let up. We can not let up. We can not let up.

There is still plenty of time left, and plenty of people who have not heard the truth.

It just takes one lie of MSM that actually somehow sticks.

We can not let up. We can not let up. We can not let up.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think for a moment that they do not know what a piece of crap John Kerry is. They find him useful for the moment.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's advisors are operating with an outdated mindset. What once worked,with the help of the MSM,can no longer function.

Howard Dean taught the power of the internet. They didn't pay attention.

Information is exchanged between millions at the speed of light. Their half-truth distorted tactics are exposed before they can even have them printed in the papers.

They don't have a clue. They still believe that a "handful of angry vets" oppose them. They are dinosaurs trapped in the "tar pit" of the information age.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEL wrote:

Information is exchanged between millions at the speed of light. Their half-truth distorted tactics are exposed before they can even have them printed in the papers.

This is something I've brought up with both my parents, they'll poke at something in the morning paper ( espesially my fater he has ABB realy bad ) and say see --- see and I'll have to explain to them that "THAT" is old news already. My mom has come around and has dicided to vote against kerry for both the Swifties reasons and Godly reasons. My father on the other had is very very blinded with his hatred of Bush.

I just wish my uncle was still alive, I know where he would be standing on this he dispised both Fonda and Kerry. He served in Vietnam in the navy on small water craft up and down the delta I believe he was an RTO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: