SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't gloat! The press still thinks the Swifties are lying!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navyfam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the MSM is trying to paint SBVT as liars because they know something worse is coming down the pike for JFnK. That is his protest activities and trips to Paris. This issue has been touched upon in the second ad, but hopefully it will become a bigger club to hammer away at Mr. Hanoi.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It still befuddles me how anyone, including the MSM, can make a claim that the SBV's are "lying".

It's called manufacturing the news they want. Like yesterday, when Bush sent well wishes to Clinton over his heart surgery, some reported there was booing from the Bush supporters. After listening to the tapes and no booing was heard, the claim had to be retracted.

It's been said time and time again, if you repeat a lie long enough, the masses will come to believe it.

Quote:
The function of propaganda does not lie in the scientific training of the individual, but in calling the masses' attention to certain facts, processes, necessities, etc., whose significance is thus for the first time placed within their field of vision.
The whole art consists in doing this so skillfully that everyone will be convinced that the fact is real, the process necessary, the necessity correct, etc. But since propaganda is not and cannot be the necessity in itself, since its function, like the poster, consists in attracting the attention of the crowd, and not in educating those who are already educated or who are striving after education and knowledge, its effect for the most part must be aimed at the emotions and only to a very limited degree at the so-called intellect.

Quote from Mein Kampf
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Don't Gloat Reply with quote

One thing about the MSM, if they feel that Kerry is going to lose they will turn on him in a second just to try and get some of their creditability back. But then how do you get something back you gave up years ago. Look how fast they turned on Dean. We need to hope Kerry does something to really anger the MSM.

RHV
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diane in IL wrote:
With all due respect, I really don't like the subject line of this thread. It still befuddles me how anyone, including the MSM, can make a claim that the SBV's are "lying". For goodness sake, the content of their last few adds has been nothing but John Kerry's own voice and his own image. How can you say they are "lying", unless you don't believe your own eyes and ears.

diane in IL

Just to clarify - I am 100% behind the Swifties. I have seen some of the titles of the recent threads and am concerned that folks here think the fight is over. It's not. The MSM will do everything they can to paint JFK in the best light possible, and the Swifties in the worst light possible.

They are writing stories that include a sentence or two about 3/4 of the way through their articles that makes reference to how "the claims have been investigated and found to be false."

That is a LIE. I have yet to see anything that the Swifties have put forth as factual, be found to be false (does that make sense?). That is the latest spin by the press - that the Swifties are lying. They're NOT as far as I can tell.

Good men, honorable men. Decent men. They all deserve our continuing gratitude for coming forward and subjecting themselves to the slime they find in the press.

MJB
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricaC wrote:
It amazes me that people could even consider that 200 some odd men could all be lying while just 12 are not..We are talking about Corpsman and Admirals and the like. I think it is unfair that anyone would try to smear these men...

Most people don't even know that its 200 to 12. We have to live with the fact that the MSM will not communicate these kinds of details, (if they even bothered to investigate in the first place.)

I believe that the future ads must present evidence that is documented fact, like the secret VC meetings and the Kansas city meeting. Kerry cannot fall back on original (false) military reports. I think its coming, and people will have to rethink their original doubts about the Swifties first ads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: