SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brinkley: Navy Probe Could Doom Kerry Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dswogger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
.......newsmax

The character of the messenger does not attach to the message unless the message is the character of the messenger.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Chuck just doesn't like newsmax..... he's done this before.. Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/3/110242.shtml

Quote:
In a letter to Judicial Watch, the inspector general's office said: "Concerning our allegations of violations of Uniform Code of Military Justice, we have the responsibility to ... 'report suspected or alleged violations.' We have informed the secretary of the Navy of the allegations."

In 1996, Adm. Boorda committed suicide after he was accused of wearing medals he hadn't earned.

At the time, Sen. Kerry told the Boston Herald that the error was "sufficient to question his leadership position."

"If you wind up being less than what you're pretending to be, there is a major confrontation with value, self-esteem and your sense of how others view you," Kerry told the Boston Globe.

Hey if Kerry can question Boorda, and Admiral and CNO who commited suicide rather than face a Newsweek probe, certainly he should not be against an Official Naval Probe....

SO how about it Chuck, Would you be opposed to getting Newsweek to do an investigation like they did on Boorda...

I wouldn't hold your breath though.....

Quote:
"If you wind up being less than what you're pretending to be, there is a major confrontation with value, self-esteem and your sense of how others view you," Kerry told the Boston Globe.

Look at what Kerry said....

I think this should be the next swift boat ad, which I suggested in this thread....

Here:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7234&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Where I posted this:

Quote:
Here is what Kerry said on Admiral Boorda CNO who commited suicide...

This would be a Great Swift Boat Ad, that I would love to see. Kerry words on Boorda's medals, and then Kery's actual record of lies, and medals not deserved....

Please do it...

Regards,
Joe

From numerous boards:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1201190/posts
http://www.asmainegoes.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=025503

Quote:
The current dispute over Kerry’s medals is a good time to recall the tragic suicide of the Navy's Admiral Mike Boorda in 1996.

Kate O’Beirne summarized it well:

“In 1996, a left-wing news service raised questions about two small "V" clips that the chief of Naval operations wore over two of the medals on his chest full of them. The clips are awarded for valor under fire, and there was some doubt about whether Boorda's two tours in Vietnam aboard combat ships qualified him for the awards, although the Washington Post reported that a 1965 Navy manual appeared to support Boorda's right to wear the clips. Unlike Kerry, the awards did not provide grounds for Boorda to shorten his tours of duty. Hours before he was scheduled to meet with Newsweek reporters to discuss the controversy, the admiral went to his home at the Navy Yard and shot himself in the chest. The CNO had been in command of the Navy during a troubled period and his leadership was being criticized by its senior officers. Still, among the notes he left was one to "the sailors" expressing his fear that the controversy over his decorations might harm the Navy. Boorda had lied about his age to join the Navy and was the first CNO to rise through the enlisted ranks.”

What did John Kerry have to say at the time about the matter? Let us consult the Boston Herald of May 18, 1996:

Veterans said yesterday that although they would take offense at someone falsely wearing a "V" combat pin, they couldn't see how this could drive Navy Adm. Jeremy Michael Boorda to suicide.

“Is it wrong? Yes, it is very wrong. Sufficient to question his leadership position? The answer is yes, which he clearly understood,” said Sen. John Kerry, a Navy combat veteran who served in Vietnam.

Citing uncertainty of whether Boorda deliberately wore the pins improperly, Kerry added: “If he made a mistake, in my judgment it wasn't worth his life, so I'm very sad about it.” And let us consult the Boston Globe for the same day:

“The military is a rigorous culture that places a high premium on battlefield accomplishment,” said Sen. John F. Kerry, who received numerous decorations, including a Bronze Star with a "V" pin, as a Navy lieutenant in Vietnam.

“In a sense, there's nothing that says more about your career than when you fought, where you fought and how you fought,” Kerry said.

“If you wind up being less than what you’re pretending to be, there is a major confrontation with value and self-esteem and your sense of how others view you.”

Of Boorda and his apparent violation, Kerry said: “When you are the chief of them all, it has to weigh even more heavily.” Kerry‘s records refer to a "Silver Star with combat V." The Chicago Sun-Times has reported a U.S. Navy spokesman said, "Kerry's record is incorrect. The Navy has never issued a 'combat V' to anyone for a Silver Star." Naval regulations do not allow for the use of a "combat V" for the Silver Star, the third-highest decoration the Navy awards. None of the other services has ever granted a Silver Star "combat V," either.

If John Kerry has been touting a “V” that the Navy says he does not deserve, these quotes are going to be flung back in his face.

Great job, SBVFT.... Keep up the heat folks, we still have two more months to go...

Never retreat....
Never think we've won.....
Never give in to the enemy.....
Never stop spreading the news....
Never stop telling your friends family, neighbors about this site.....
Never stop calling talk shows, radio shows, writing letters to the editors...

Always stay involved, You Will Make A Difference....

Never prouder of you all....

Which chuck had a problem with both FreeRepublic and newsmax there as well...

Of course my quotes were also attributed to Kerry in that Thread, which appaeared in The Boston Globe and The Chicago Sun Times back when kerry felt it was ok to Question Admiral Boorda's medals....

Kerry is a Lying Hypocrite (cambodia), and an official investigation will lead to closure one way or the other....

And PLEASE CHUCK.... The object of these articles isn't Newsmax or your perceived bias of such, but the object should be on defeating Kerry, who has lied, continues to lie, and embellished his record of four months while ignoring his record of 20+ Years in Public Office...

Maybe in the spirit of this site, we can try to concentrate on what Kerry, and Brinkley said, and not on where it came from...

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Jazzoi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Chuck. Do you really think that the NYSlimes would report on this, unless they spun it in Kerry's direction?

Newsmax provides a reliable source of information that the MSM refuses to report on.

Fact check Newsmax against the NYSlimes and Newsmax wins EVERY time, yet the Slimes is considered 'the paper of record'.

Does Newsmax report with a conservative slant? Yes, they have never claimed otherwise. Tell a liberal that the Slimes is liberally biased, and they have conniption fits.

The overriding piece of information in all of this is that, FINALLY, even liberal journalists are starting to question Kerry's veracity.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You notice how only the word "purposeful" is quoted and the rest was added in with Newsmax's own spin? Im not trying to start trouble but if im missing where brinkley is quoted as saying "if an ongoing Navy investigation into Kerry's military decorations turns up evidence of "purposeful" deception, it could spell doom for the top Democrat's White House bid." please point it out to me.

I saw him wonder about the situation but i didnt notice him opine on how this would affect Kerry's POTUS bid.

I read over the whole article and this is the closest thing to what you're claiming.

Quote:
Asked if inconsistencies uncovered by the Navy probe could be the "death knell" for Kerry's campaign, Brinkley told Malzberg, "It could."
It also sounds like soemthing taken out of context.

I know some people think Newsmax is news and i think its great (if true) that brinkley thinks the navy could sink Kerry but ive been burnt by posting Newsmax's 'headlines' before so i dont trust anything they claim unless it was corroberated by another source.

Anyone got a transcript of the steve malzberg show?
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:

Once again Newsmax makes news breaking headlines with snooze making content. All brinkley is doing is wondering why there are discrepencies on the citation and that it was up to journalists to find out why.

Anyone got a transcript of the steve malzberg show?

Chuck, why not have Kerry address the discrepancies??

Ask yourself this Chuck....

Why Hasn't kerry done a Press Interview in OVER A MONTH?
(And don't count John Stewart on the comedy Channel, I saw it and it was no interview)

Kerry could and should answer these questions....

He is hiding and the citizenry is gaining awareness around this issue....

President Bush gave a few interviews in the last few weeks, and yet Kerry has not done one Legitimate Interview...

No Meet The press...
No The today Show... (Bush did it)
No Air America.... (Bush was on Limbaugh)

Ask why Kerry continues ot hide....

I can't wait until the debates, Kerry will get his clock cleaned...

And yes, if newsmax quoted it, I think there is a good chance we don't have the whole transcript and something more was said on the Malzberg show...

And I think malzberg agreeing that it could be a Death Knell if confirmed, is pretty much spelling DOOM for Kerry, IMHO....

joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the apparent collusion between Brinkley and the Kerry campaign... Brinkley could be just setting himself up to make a later pronouncement, "See, they found nothing (or nothing conclusive)."
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know Kerry is never going to answer the allegations, his ego is too big for that, hes used his phoney uber vietnam hero record for 20 years to win elections, hes just running his playbook. Brinkley might think Kerry has some explaining to do but the way newsmax blows up the story is like he thinks the Kerry campaign is hanging on a fingernail over the outcome of this navy investigation and all he said was "it could" and i dont even know in what context hes saying "it could"

My only point in this whole thread is do not trust Newsmax for news. look for more credible sources first. They are out there and i dont mean the MSM
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: I leave for 60 min Reply with quote

I leave the "room" for 60 min and come back to this revelation and the other about Stubenville....psyche!!!! Razz
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe_madeup wrote:
Given the apparent collusion between Brinkley and the Kerry campaign... Brinkley could be just setting himself up to make a later pronouncement, "See, they found nothing (or nothing conclusive)."

NewsMax, although right leaning and promising, must get a large amount of their info from a magical fairy or something, because it rarely comes to light!

Don't hold your breath folks.
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brinkley's statement alone is bad for Kerry. He wouldn't make it unless he's worried about the records coming out. But I suspect he's consulted retired military who support Kerry (i.e. Wes Clark, Hackworth) and they've told him, there are irregularities here and it's a problem, i.e. three citations for the same medal, all with different language, a signature some 15 years after the fact by a Navy Sect. who denies signing it, a V clip on a Silver Star...

Brinkley got burned by Kerry... he swallowed a lot of hagiography without challenge or checking (Cambodia)...and he has to know that his reputation is seriously damaged already. I think he's hedging his bets in case the truth is proved by the records. On the other hand, if the truth stays hidden, his version is vindicated. I bet that privately, he'd like to choke Kerry. Part of the anger he has for the Swifties has to be, underneath, directed at himself. He screwed up big time.
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If errors appear on your dd214 and you sign it you are liable.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEL wrote:
If errors appear on your dd214 and you sign it you are liable.

Del,

Interesting, do you have a UCMJ or statute reference on that?

air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Sen. John Kerry's campaign biographer Douglas Brinkley said Sunday that if an ongoing Navy investigation into Kerry's military decorations turns up evidence of "purposeful" deception, it could spell doom for the top Democrat's White House bid.<<

Let's read it very CAREFULLY....

Notice he carefully said "if" and "purposeful" - in other words, he's talking double speak. He has a VERY good idea of what is in candidate Kerry's records. He doesn't expect to see "if" and "purposeful" proven.

I just think he's setting up a trap for others to fall into.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet has this nailed. This is almost certainly a setup so later Kerry Camp can say: "See, another hysterical charge disproved."
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet and larrygj,

I am not saying you are wrong....what you are suggesting is certainly possible. That said, I can't quite see it. Kerry is being hurt badly right now in the polls, and further statements that damage him are things Kerry simply can not afford. Let's fact it, qualifiers aside, Brinkley's statement was very damaging to th4 Kerry campaign.

With a double digit lead (if you believe Time and Newsweek), Kerry is on the verge of becoming non-viable. If Kerry loses as little as 5 points more, he does become non-viable as a presidential candidate. Given that, the best thing Brinkley could have said from Kerry's PoV is nothing at all.

So, while I won't say that you are wrong, I am more inclined to believe given the current political calculus that Brinkley is engaged in surefire CYA rather than protecting Kerry.

Truth is Beauty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: