SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets need computer animations to help sell their case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I can't speak for nor will I even try to guess what SBVT will or will not be doing in the remaining days of their effort to unmask John Kerry.

I would suggest to you this tho. IMO, the time for conceptualizing, co-ordinating, producing and presenting some new mode of getting the message out has long since past. They are in the throws of battle as we speak and the game plan appears to be working. I think it's only logical to assume that the only chance for ever seeing presentations such as you are discussing would be on the off chance that it's produced, fully vetted and packaged, independent of SBVT, and presented to them all tied up with a nice ribbon which they could quickly vet & distribute with an SBVT imprimatur.

IOW, we're probably talking grassroots effort only here folks, both in production and distribution.

Just my .02
LimaZulu
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB - You have better eyes than me! I must be missing it somehow, can you give me a specific place to look?

LZ
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3405 Oak Grove Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75204
Phone 214 871 8888
Fax 214 871 5015
Web: http://www.spaethcom.com/

Try contacting Merrie Spaeth as noted above.
LimaZulu
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilco - thanks

LZ
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU GO GUYS! VISUAL ! VISUAL ! VISUAL !

Most people have trouble 'visualizing' all the differnet scenerios being put out there.... and then they just give up! We're a visual world now.... people will WATCH rather than READ. And if put out to the talking heads, they'll drive themselves nuts spinning, rehashing, rerunning etc - all trying to outdo the other..... BUT THAT PUTS THE VISUALS IN FRONT OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ! And it'll be for free ! So if the SBVTS do it and even if it costs hundreds of thousands of bucks.... what does it cost to run an ad?????

Make the video (animation) and people will WATCH ! We have short attention spans in this fast paced world.

GO, GO, GO!
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea - Maybe the artists could donate their skills. Kerry has really muddled it up so much with all his stories that now "simple is beautiful".
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the ole motto: KISS
Keep it simple stupid.
Kerry is gonna self implode. If the animation gets done, how else could he explain going down river close to three miles and then heading back. The rivers there were most likely not straight, they twisted and turned, et. Hence Kerry would have to REALLY explain, WHY HE LEFT.

Steve Christensen
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this is all entertaining and would continue to cast doubt on Kerry's fraudulent valor, the primary task is to restore the honor of service that Kerry stole from every veteran, but particularly to the Vietnam veteran in his perjurous testimony before the Congress in 1971, and in his continued anti-war activities. These were coldly calculated political acts by an aspiring politician with no moral fabric.

This is where the focus belongs for the next two months.

Over and over and over again.
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Guys, I can't speak for nor will I even try to guess what SBVT will or will not be doing in the remaining days of their effort to unmask John Kerry.

I would suggest to you this tho. IMO, the time for conceptualizing, co-ordinating, producing and presenting some new mode of getting the message out has long since past. They are in the throws of battle as we speak and the game plan appears to be working. I think it's only logical to assume that the only chance for ever seeing presentations such as you are discussing would be on the off chance that it's produced, fully vetted and packaged, independent of SBVT, and presented to them all tied up with a nice ribbon which they could quickly vet & distribute with an SBVT imprimatur.

IOW, we're probably talking grassroots effort only here folks, both in production and distribution.

Just my .02

I disagree. The talking heads ads produced thus far have been effective. However, unless there is some bombshell disclosure yet to be made, more similar ads are going to have diminishing returns. Most people probably fall in one of three groups now.
1. They believe the SBVT and are convinced Kerry is a liar.
2. They believe Kerry and believe the SBVT are a tool of GWB.
3. They think it is a he said/they said scenario and don't have enough information to change that.

Remember most people do not have a military background. They have no real context or experience to judge the conflicting claims. However, a good computer anmiated simulation of the events on 3/13/69 could clear up some of the confusion.

Show how implausible it would be to have 5 each 50 foot boats in a narrow stream subjected to intense ground fire without sustaining any danmage.

Demonstarte just how far downstream Kerry, by his own account, ran after PCF3 was mined.

Compare the damage that PCF3 sustained that day as compared to PCF94 that Kerry claims was also mined.

Explain the impossibility of Kerry getting any shrapnel wounds from that supposed mine which "lifted" his boat two feet out of the water without any hull damage to the boat.

Produce a quality animation. Have one of the other OIC's that was there that day to narrate it. And challenge anyone who has conflicting evidence to bring it forward.

There are almost 60 days left before the election. A good computer generated animation could be produced in a relatively short time. And I would bet that some advertising firm would give SBVT a bargain price if not a Pro Bono production.

A well produced animation could make this something that John and Jane Doe could grasp.

Challenging Kerry, Rassmann, or anyone of the BoB to refute the information could be devastating.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably would get in trouble with a pro bono. That could be seen as a corporate contribution (depending on who does the animation).
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confess to a total ignorance of the laws governing 527 groups. I will also say however that SBVT's ability to raise additional funds will be directly related to how effective people precieve their efforts are.

If there are no new ads and if SBVT is no longer getting media attention then further contributions will be limited.
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to be able to share my PowerPoint presentation with everyone in about 2 days.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: move on Reply with quote

Guys,
I heartily disagree....it's time, to MOVE ON....to promoting his image as a North Vietnamese War Hero...and tieing him in with Hanoi Jane, and the false vets and the lies he made when the came home.

All the graphics in the world would be just that....and pooh poohed, no matter what.

Sincerely.
DMLambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagpiper, I feel that everything about JFgK should be exposed. If he is discredited on the bronze star or any other claim, his credibility suffers. If I can contribute to his suffering, I will and I will relish it.

I had already started to put something together when this discussion began, and I intend to continue.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphics, visuals are VERY important. I agree.

Not until I heard the description on another thread about the width of the channel in terms most people can relate to, such as a normal highway or suburban street.

Then imagine when you are standing just a few hundred feet away. Again, use distances with visual examples most people relate to. Things we see everyday.

Imagine 3 semi-tractor size boats floating, almost still in the water while they are working on #3.

This brings perspective to the average reader. He would then ask, "how the hell could all this had happened with no injuries, deaths, or hundreds of bullet holes in the boats?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: