SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill O'Reilly...Friend or Foe?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O’Reilly has gone overboard, so to speak, to be “fair” and “balanced” regarding Kerry in this whole affair. Now, he’s finally giving SBVT their due.

There’s no one better than O’Neill to make the SBVT case. Frankly, he’s already made it, time and time again, and much damage has already been done to the Kerry campaign.

BOR’s not stupid, he knows this, and that many in his audience also know this. Fear not my brothers, O’Neill will continue to kick buttocks.

For me, the only question is how BOR will attempt to retract his defective premature evaluation of the SBVT evidence in the first place. Surely he’ll realize that he shot his wad way to soon on this one.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: thinking, thinking, thinking Reply with quote

Ms Clinkton needs a "running "mate"" little mirror Bill would be just

the low class act to do it.

Plus it would save money on a Press Sexatary

other than that have a nice day "bill o/real/ly "
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
Unlike the truth detector (Rush) who has not moved from his core set of beliefs. BOR for whatever reason has decided that he can add spin and get away with it. He has such a high opinion of self & has completely under estimated the SBVFT movement and the case that was built prior to the first shot being fired on 8/2/04. Last week BOR admitted he had not read Unfit For Command and since then he has received numerous emails, snail mail, cancellations to his web site, and even parcels filled with his books and O’Reilly gear. My prediction is that BOR is going to be in full damage control mode as he interviews John O’Neil. If not it is evidence of how big headed he has gotten & his following along with his voice will be marginalized.

CWV

Hi Coldwarvet,

Just a quick reference point:

The saying: "Those who are not students of history are doomed to forever repeat it." was actually first written by Georges Santayanna (spelling?).

I share your opinion about Bill not reading Unfit, but I think he'll attempt to further justify his snub of Swifties rather than attempt any damage control. Or better said, he's continue to snub the swifties as his idea of damage control.
WayCool
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOE.

Nuf said...
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until I see otherwise, I prefer to give Bill the benefit of the doubt.
I think that by now he HAS read UFC and realizes that he judged
the SBVT too quicky. I think many people are reluctant to denigrate
the military service of another person. I think for Bill, who tends to be
cynical at times, it was natural to dismiss the SBVT at first. Then, when
he had already taken a stand, it was hard to reverse course. I think
he has invited John on the show, not to "ambush" him, but to try to
salvage his own credibility. The SBVTs have the right to comment
on JK's military service because they were there and directly observed
the actions they are describing. I will be very surprised if Bill does
anything other than treat John with the respect he deserves.

In addition, I do not believe FOX has issued some sort of "decree" for
its commentators to move to the left. FOX is in the position they are
in precisely because they attempt to be "fair and balanced". Leaning
more to the left - or right - would defeat that purpose. Why mess with
success?
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need him to be a friend. We don't care if he's a foe.

He needs to be honest.
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
I think that BOR is going to have to be fair this time. Mr O'Reilly was slammed with e-mail from vets, or people who visited swiftvets and want to hear what these men have to say about John Kerry.

I will be interested in how he handles the interview tonight. I think he will be civil but pointed. The one thing that tends to set him off is when people put out the party line BS - and that's something O'Neill will not do. I think BOR will be surprised at O'Neill. He is so used to people who use generalities and inuendo that when John gives him the strait poop I think O'reilly will respect him for it. O'Reilly is really in for a learning experience tonight if he gives O'Neill enough time to make even a part of the case. Hopefully he won't waste time on the Perry-Rove connection or the O'Neill-Nixon connection.

I have not been a big fan since he cut Pat Roush out of a "scoop" when he learned her two kidnapped daughters were leaving Saudi for a visit to England. He did not notify Pat that her daughters would be available. She could have seen them, perhaps even gotten them free, but O'Reilly wanted his scoop more than justice. This was just plain wrong.
B52vet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR appears to have finally read UFC. Better late than never, Billy Boy! What an insufferable blowhard. Fox in general is almost as bad as any of the others in the MSM, particularly with their fear mongering, celebrity gossip/worship, and "courtroom drama" (gag!) nonsense. The exceptions are Hume, Hannity, and a couple of the regulars on Hume's show.
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know O'Reilly spins for Demos, presumably to keep nutty liberals tuned in. So he is by no means, a flawless truthfighter.

However, I thought the Swiftboats scored big tonight.

After O'Reilly read Unfit For Command, he basically concluded that....

* Kerry was anti-war before he even went to Vietnam
* Kerry exaggerated on his war record
* Kerry was 100% wrong to do what he did when he came back

Now to me, that's about right.

I would have loved to have had the 1971 assassination plot, the secret commie meetings discussed, as well as the hideous cover on Kerry's anti-American book exposed - but overall, I thought O'Reilly made Kerry look bad.

And by bringing up Kerry's anti-war speeches at Yale, many viewers will likely conclude that Kerry went to Vietnam with a pre-conceived "add war on resume" agenda for later political exploitation.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: BOR Backpeddles Reply with quote

I dont care what he says from now on, He completely back peddled tonight on the factor. this is great for SBVT, however the fair and balanced was out the window and the efforts of the SBVT were lumped together with the Moveon crowd.
I understand that He has to appear objective. so whats wrong with treating all of them the same, look into allegations, and if untrue expose them for the liars they are? If true expose the alligations for the value the hold and make the candidate accountable for the issue?
BOR didnt take that course, he took the Course of old Tips buddy Mathews on hairyballs.
So my stance is in concrete, Orielly has lost credibuility, I do ot watch him, I watch Hume, and listen to Rush for info I need to help the cause.

BOR is a lemming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: