SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Heckler Mugged in Audience by Audience
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
msindependent wrote:
He is probably a SwiftVet wannabe.

I think he's just an American that's smart enough to know BS when he here's it!

I agree. He did a good job. Each news article has repeated the protester’s question, about whether Kerry had personally participated in atrocities in Vietnam including burning villages. We need more guys like this.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael L. Russell

You are a great American! We need to be bold like Michael and speak out!

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Enquirer article
Quote:
That was about all he got to say before a union sheet metal worker sitting next to him got him in a headlock. Russell, a Teamster member who got an invitation through his union, tried to continue his speech, but 600 Kerry supporters shouted, "Ker-ry! Ker-ry! Ker-ry!" to drown him out.

Laughing Tha man had an invitation, why not let him speak?
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Heckler Reply with quote

Kerry said "I have nothing but the greatest respect for peoples right to express their opinion". He neglected to say so long as it is someting he agrees with. Kerry does not want people speaking the truth about his records. Vietnam or Senate.

RHV
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I have nothing but the greatest respect for people's right to express their opinion," Kerry said. "I might add, it's a terrific tactic of the Bush team. They love to disrupt. They love to interrupt. They don't want America to hear the truth."

It is quotes like this from Kerry that just add to my hatred of the man. There is no other person in America I have this much anger for, nobody even close.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a teamster, its good to see one of my brothers with common sense. The shet metal worker needs to be sued. TO paraphrase Zell " my family before my union".
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
I have to wonder how loud he was...before he got mugged....Sounds like a one liner comment to me

Note that the Kerry Kampers immediately brushed it aside and claimed the guy was a plant by the Bush campaign.

And yet, also note that the guy was INVITED as a member of the union.
FMBass
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this link:

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=2275114&nav=0RZFQhUk

Kerry campaign spokesman David Wade told reporters that the heckler was Mike Russell, who is listed as a spokesman for the anti-Kerry group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. The group has accused Kerry of lying about military heroism for which he received medals.

But the Mike Russell with Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, when contacted Wednesday at his office in Alexandria, Va., said he was not at the speech in Cincinnati.

"It's an obvious ploy by the Kerry campaign not only to discredit this organization but to steal my identity," Russell said.
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just an outrage. I hope this guy gets a lawyer and sues .
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those people yelling at the RNC must have been Bush supporters!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reporters who followed Russell outside to try to talk with him were ordered by Kerry campaign staffers to return inside immediately or risk not being allowed back in to hear the speech.

STALIN HAS SPOKEN! MOVE OR ELSE!
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give this guy credit, I thought of the same thing but Kerry is not coming to Illinois that I know of. You do not have to be a Swift vet to support the cause, Just a good American
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Heckler Reply with quote

Lets hope Kerry Campaign keeps ordering reporters around. It could back fire on them and cause some reporters to see just what type of campaign Kerry is running and what type person he really is.

RHV
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This smear by the Kerry campaign is very instructive. It shows us several important facts:

1) Their spokesman David Wade is either a) a dunce at arithmetic (if Russell is 48 now, he would have been 12 in in 1968, which is pretty young, even for the Navy); or b) disingenous (I'm being generous here)

2) The Kerry campaign is not only just *aware* of the SBVT, they know every name on the list. And they are looking over their shoulders!

3) They don't bother to fact check before smearing. Even if they have to issue a retraction (which the press will never publish, assuming they issue one), they got the *impression* out that SBVT has nothing better to do than follow Kerry around listening to his speeches and looking to cause trouble.

4) The press is aware of who the SBVT is, even in Cinncinnati. Even if they don't have the facts right about the SBVT issues with Kerry. As significant as they are in indicating the lack of honor and integrity of Kerry, the medals are the LEAST of his offenses.

5) They are panicked.

6) The Kerry campaign has the press in their pocket. Or so it might seem. If they have to threaten the press, maybe they are paranoid about losing even that support. If I were a reporter, I'd've gone with the story on the heckler, since Kerry's speeches are hardly stem-winders. He's no Zell Miller on the stump.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Kerry Heckler Mugged in Audience by Audience Reply with quote

We should be complaining on how this vet was mistreated by the Kerry audience and Kerry operatives, the media should be complaining how ones right to free speech is squashed, when someone comes to a Bush rally they are treated kindly when asked to depart.

Pressure needs to continue to make Kerry respond about his congressional testimony.

In the coming weeks under Clinton's control Kerry will be more and more defensive in answering the charges made by the SBVT, Clinton told him to avoid discussing Vietnam and focus on economy, healthcare, Iraq.

JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: