SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jim Wassers apperance in Freeport Il met by Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenDeR wrote:
Did anyone get a recording of Jim Wasser saying he was on the skimmer?
I thought Wasser was on the PCF-44.

He was on PCF-44 for about a month in Dec-Jan 68-69. There is no account anywhere of him having been on the Skimmer mission.
scot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with him tonight and he claimed he was on the boat with Kerry when he got the 1st purple heart.
scot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Protest Reply with quote

Hey there fellow patriotic amercians Exclamation This is michael Scotts son the protest was great! I was able to talk with about 4 young undecided african americans and they were realy interested in what I had to say and I was able to talk to another Teenager who will be voteing for the first time this year he was realy shocked about some of the things I told him he was leaning towards Bush anyway but I think he is probaly solid for Bush now. Good Stuff!!! Those Democrats are realy rude they were the first (and only) people to use a profanity the first people to scream and yell. I asked one Vet out there 30+ times why John Kerry gave out of his own free will what the enemy tourtered men for days to get out of them and they still would not say the things Kerry said about the troops. He just kept yelling aww thats not true your just a dumb punk teenager lol. So yeah it is encouaraging to see that my peers arent all morons though at least some of them can still think outside what there taught in the public school. Maybee theres still a chance for this country.

mike
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm a little conflicted about this. The objective is to bury Kerry. Jim Wasser is supporting Kerry as part of his 'Band of Brothers'. I resist the idea of attacking Wasser, but he is no longer innocent of 'old memories'. He is outright lying to support his pimp lyer. I have to wonder if the gloves should come off for Mr. Wasser.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
Wasser was on the skimmer? That skimmer's getting REAL crowded!

LOL! That's exactly what I thought when I read that! Very Happy

Any chance that he told his story to some local newsmedia? :::she asks, hoping:::::
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenDeR wrote:
I resist the idea of attacking Wasser, but he is no longer innocent of 'old memories'.

I'm not attacking him - but I'd sure be all over his story in a heartbeat, if I could!

If he really said that he was in the skimmer/Boston whaler for the first PH incident, then he didn't (at the least) co-ordinate his story with that of the Kerry campaign. Wink

Bet Wasser is next on the list of people who can speak only through the campaign, if this is a true account of his words, tonight.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Bet Wasser is next on the list of people who can speak only through the campaign, if this is a true account of his words, tonight.

"Short Leash & Choke Chain" coming to theaters Soon. Laughing Laughing
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Protest Reply with quote

scot wrote:
Hey there fellow patriotic amercians Exclamation This is michael Scotts son the protest was great! I was able to talk with about 4 young undecided african americans and they were realy interested in what I had to say and I was able to talk to another Teenager who will be voteing for the first time this year he was realy shocked about some of the things I told him he was leaning towards Bush anyway but I think he is probaly solid for Bush now. Good Stuff!!!

In John Adams monumental 3 volume writings 'The Defense of The Constitutions' he describes an aristocrat as any man who is able to persuade the vote of another man.

So here is my salute to you my fellow aristocratic American!
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote "I'm not attacking him - but I'd sure be all over his story in a heartbeat, if I could!"

I think we should.

If a man is willing to blatantly lie in order to support a traitor, he is fair game. The reason Kerry’s ‘Band of Brothers” is raised by the MSM is because ‘they were there’. Remove their credibility and the MSM can’t use them as a defense of Kerry’s lies.
This is why I asked SCOT if anyone got a recording of Wasser saying he was on the skimmer. The local press will most likely NOT report Wasser’s words, but if it was recorded by anyone else it could be forced to the attention of the media. JFgK has built his house on sand. I want to see his foundation removed by any wave that may pass by.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
scot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Wasser news story Reply with quote

Vietnam vet rallies faithful Democrats

Jim Wasser, Vietnam veteran and swift boat shipmate of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, left, confronts protester Scott Mathieu on Wednesday outside the Stephenson County Democratic headquarters in Freeport before a Veterans for Kerry rally.
According to swift boat soldier, Kerry 'was in harm's way.'

By Travis Morse, The Journal-Standard

FREEPORT -- Stephenson County may be a Republican stronghold, but about

100 local Democrats and residents were on hand Wednesday evening for a special Veterans for Kerry Night held at the local Democratic Party headquarters in downtown Freeport.

The main feature of the event was guest speaker Jim Wasser, who served on the same swift boat as Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry in Vietnam. Wasser is also an unpaid volunteer for the Kerry campaign.

A handful of protesters stood outside the event waving anti-Kerry signs, but inside the headquarters the crowd cheered Wasser's impassioned speech, which praised Kerry's war record and criticized the current administration.

Wasser said the upcoming election represents a "pivotal time" in this nation. He said he sees the election as an opportunity to put a president in office who knows what it's like to be in harm's way, having served his country in Vietnam.

"Because when John was in harm's way, he was with us," Wasser said. "It's not like he stood on the dock like some of our present leaders. ... John Kerry then, is the same John Kerry that I see today, and I truly mean that."

Wasser praised Kerry's character and leadership abilities, and criticized many aspects of the current administration, including the war in Iraq, the federal government's cutting of military benefits, and the attacks that have been leveled against Kerry's war record. The war record issue, he said, is distracting voters from real issues like health care, the loss of jobs, and poverty.

"(Kerry) has got the reasoning power to do what we've got to do, to get us through this mess," Wasser said. "Because he is going to absolutely inherit the worst mess of any president that I can absolutely think of."

Tom Jackson, chairman of the Stephenson County Democratic Central Committee, has said he organized Wednesday's event so local residents could hear from someone who served with Kerry at the time he received several awards in Vietnam, including a Bronze Star, Silver Star, and two Purple Hearts.

These awards and Kerry's service in Vietnam have been at the center of a national political firestorm in recent weeks. An anti-Kerry group known as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has run television ads challenging Kerry's military record and the official version of events regarding Kerry's awards. President Bush has renounced ads by outside groups, but has stopped short of criticizing the swift boat ads. He also has maintained that he has no connection to the ads.

Wasser served with Kerry for about six weeks in Vietnam, and served aboard the same swift boat as Kerry. He said that Kerry's awards were well deserved. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are crossing the line when they attack Kerry's war record, Wasser said.

"It's not about the awards," Wasser said. "It's about (defaming) a guy's record that served his country. And those veterans, above all, should know. ... They're being used as a pawn in a chess game by some rich Republicans that didn't even serve their damn country."

Those who attended the event seemed moved by Wasser's speech. Carolyn Rice of Freeport said it was "reassuring" to hear from someone who served with Kerry, and could attest to his character.

"I thought it was very good," Rice said. "It was very reassuring that somebody that knows (Kerry) personally will back him, and tell the truth. I just wish that more Independents and Republicans would be willing to listen, as I tried to do."

Albert Goetz of Freeport also said he was impressed with Wasser.

"It was a wonderful speech," Goetz said.

Despite the handful of protesters outside the event, Jackson was pleased with the turnout and that Wasser was able to get his message across. Wasser even debated with some of the protesters prior to the speech, but the interaction remained civil.

"It went better than I thought," Jackson said. "Jim was able to elaborate more on his experience with John Kerry here tonight. He was more specific. He got to point out many more issues. And he got to point out the disappointment in our current administration on veterans' issues."

Travis Morse can be reached at 232-0178 or via e-mail at travis.morse@journalstandard.com.
frankzzz
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent the following email to Travis Morse.

Hi Travis,

I just read your column (online) and wonder if you thought Jim Wasser's remarks about being with Kerry during the six-week period in which he received one Bronze Star, one Silver Star, and two Purple Hearts were as revealing as I found them?

At that rate, had John Kerry served a full one-year tour, he would have returned home with Eight Silver Stars, Eight Bronze Stars, and (at least) Seventeen Purple Hearts.

Think about it.
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears the "Band of Brothers" have morphed into "Pimps for Kerry".
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were on a three hour trip aboard a thirty foot Boston Whaler named Scaramouche when the wind started blowing and they were tossed about. A three hour trip. A three hour trip. John Faux Kerry was the first mate and he saved Mary Ann and Ginger too. A three hour trip. A three hour trip.
Mr. Silverback
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Here's the text of the report on WTVO in Rockford Reply with quote

September 9, 2004 - Updated 9:20 am - Freeport
Crewmate Defends Kerry's Military Service

by Alison Ahmoye

Freeport, Illinois - Vietnam veteran Jim Wasser commanded everyone's attention in the crowded Democratic Committee Office in Freeport, as he defended Senator John Kerry's war record.

"My message is about the truth," Wasser says. "When they're lying, they're lying. I don't care who they are. It's not right. But it hurt me that I have to go against my other veterans because they served their country for that right. I totally respect it, but when you're lying you're lying."

Wasser was one of Kerry's swift boat crewmates, and he says he's tired of hearing negative messages that question the presidential nominee's military service. Many of these messages have been broadcast by a group called the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

"I'll tell you exactly what they are," Wasser says, "They're swift boat sailors for George Bush. And I don't mince any words about that. I'm a true swift boat sailor for the truth. I was on the boat."

"I don't know how veterans can be voting for George Bush, if they really believe in what they served in and why they served," says veteran Bill Humberg. "Can't they see what's happening to their country right now with this administration. It's just destroying it, and I think John Kerry is going to put it back on the right course."

While applause was the only interruption inside, a small group of Kerry opponents gathered outside before Wasser took the podium.

Christopher Clukey is with Citizens Against Treason and he says Kerry and his supporters need to answer questions about their service.

"We feel that if any of these guys are going to support him now they have to explain what's changed," Clukey says. "They have to explain why they now believe that it was okay to say they committed war crimes or they have to explain when they did them or what they did."

"The only thing John Kerry's guilty of is, it's certainly not treason, it's certainly of reason," Wasser says. "And that guy's got the reasoning powers to do what we got to do to get us thorough this mess because he's going to absolutely inherit the worst mess of any president that I can think of."

Wasser says he's an unpaid volunteer for the Kerry campaign. He also adds that there's only one dissenter from Kerry's swift boat, while Kerry's nine other crewmates stand behind him.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the 200+ Swift Boat Vets are liars then? Kerry has so many different versions of what happened when and who was there, it is amazing. Wasser himself has stated he was somewher with John Kerry he wasn't. So tell me who is telling the truth here, consider how many changes to memories "seared" into Kerrys mind there have been, and how the SBVFT have not changed their stories once!
Kerry wouldn't know the truth if it hit him upside the head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: