SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teresa's back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads-up and a reminder of the boundaries - we're starting to edge toward them.

The high road - even in fun, let's take the high road. Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did Teresa come back because she thought johnboy's numbers were slipping because she had been out of sight and sound of her loving audiences???

I threw out my heinz ketchup several weeks ago and bought other brand. heinz never been my favorite....I must have had a coupon then anyway...
I'd have thrown it out sooner but I hadn't even used it in so long....
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To (mis)quote those pop philsophers Cheech Marin & Tommy Chong:

"Aw come on, I wasn't gonna say (deleted)!"

(from "Black Lassie" on Wedding Album, 1974)

Last edited by Hondo on Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Teresa appeals to in terms of voters. Surely the Kerry's handler's let's her out of the box once in a while to support one of husband's proclaimations, but why does she keep coming off like a hardhat? Maybe this appeals to the NOW group?
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We have atitude..

'Shove It' Video

And we have First Lady Laura Bush Smile

First Lady Laura Bush Addresses GOP Convention

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
So did Teresa come back because she thought johnboy's numbers were slipping because she had been out of sight and sound of her loving audiences???

I threw out my heinz ketchup several weeks ago and bought other brand. heinz never been my favorite....I must have had a coupon then anyway...
I'd have thrown it out sooner but I hadn't even used it in so long....

I have a case of W Ketchup and it really is very good. No more Heinz in this house.

http://www.wketchup.com

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first that I heard that Teresa was born to US parents. I understood that she was born in Mozambique into a Portugese colonial family.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty Guy:

I may be wrong. I though I remembered reading that she was born in Mozambique to US citizen parents, at least one of which was a diplomat. Her father was apparently a Portuguese doctor vice a US citizen.

Will do some more research and see if I can nail down her history and birth citizenship.

Oh well.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, apparently I blew it. As I've gotten older, my memory has gotten shorter than my
. . . . hair.

Apparently Teresa Heinz-Kerry was born to fairly well-to-do and ethnically Portuguese parents in Maputo, Mozambique, while that country was a Portuguese colony. Her early life was apparently a life of colonial privilige.

While her claim to be an "African-American" may be technically true due to the fact that she was born on that continent, the claim is, IMO, misleading in the extreme. Most people simply do not associate members of the European colonial ruling class who happened to be born in Africa with the term "African-American".

Mea culpa.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked What? Terezza Heinzzzz is African-American? So Bill Clinton was the first black president, and now Terezza is planning on becoming the first African American First Lady? I am confused. They both look pretty white bread to me.

Oh, I know, Mr. Administrator, darlin', this whole thread is just catty.

Alright, just this one teensy little catty remark and then I'll mosey along: my newlywed daughter's mother-in-law looks (and worse--ACTS) an awful lot like Mzzz. Heinzzzz-Kerry. Honestly, we just could not BELIEVE IT. I mean, it is perfectly awful. Anyway, my daughter called me after Mrs. Bush addressed the Republican convention to tell me that her husband said, "Oh my God. Laura Bush is YOUR mother and MY mother is that Teresa Heinz-Kerry person!! This is terrible! Our kids will probably love your mother and will cry if they have to go see mine!! What are we going to DO?!"

And of course, being the loving, mature, kind woman that I am, I just pooh-poohed the whole thing.

I never once gave in to --> Twisted Evil

But I am thinking about suggesting some sort of genetic counseling, you know: find out about possible Terezza genes.

Moseying on along...
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's been around here ( S.E. Pa.) for the last few days, talking about the healthcare thing. When she came to Reading, no public was allowed. It was an invitation only affair, but TV coverage was on the local news.

It was an embarrasing display. The local Dems hovering about.. fawning over her, while she said absoutely nothing!

I just wonder if old slick Willie boy may have said something to the FRAUD about having "mother teresa" go on the healthcare stump like hillary did.

She really seems like an empty suit, but being married to the FRAUD, makes me think that she must have "bumped her head" after John Heinz died.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these rallies are closed to public and invitation only, whats the bloody point? Who ever won a campaign by preaching to the choir?
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all photo opportunities. I got caught up in a Kerry rally by mistake while on vacation in Gallup this summer. You should have seen the peace flags and signs people brought, it was like I was watching a 60's movie. Anyway, the Kerry people made them all take the flags and signs back to their cars. They explained that NBC, ABC, and FOX were present and they did'nt want any photos made with that stuff present.
snowy251
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teresa just insulted alot of common people. Does she really think that gets voters? I don't think so! I also thru out my Heinz ketchup. Will not buy Heinz anything.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, though it might make you feel better, a boycott of Heinz foods will not affect Teresa Heinz very much, even if every family in America were to stop buying Heinz.

And if you're a Republican, it might actually backfire, because the Heinz company spends a LOT of money supporting Republican candidates, every election. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: