SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hannity beats O'reilly
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox is trying to lean more towards the left since Rupert decided to support and vote for Kerry. Fox will learn like all the other MSM that they will loose their viewership. One of the reason Fox beat out CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC during the RNC convention is due to the fact that most of us who are on the "right" watch Fox rather than the other "news" sources. It will hurt Fox's ratings and they will not be the #1 cable network...regardless of what they want to think it is important to realize who supports you and when it hits the pocketbook...they then think twice.

You can always sent comments to:

comments@foxnews.com
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: O'Reilly is a fraud Reply with quote

BOR, Mr. no spin, made a very harsh judgement about the Swift boat vets before he had any of the facts. He called them smear merchants putting them in the same league as Michael Moore and MoveOn.org which was unforgiveable and revealed him to be a fraud. He is only now begrudgingly coming around to the truth. No apologies for prejudging the Swift boat vets, of course. That would mean he would have to admit he was actually wrong about something. BOR's ego is much too big for that. I thought his interview with John O'Neill was part good and mostly dismissive. He didn't have me fooled. I don't have any plans to watch him again. He likes boycotts. Why don't we all email him that we are boycotting his show.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox news is just about the only TV that I watch and I have done so daily since 9-11 and I dont see any change to the left. They have always given the lefties an equal time to talk. If you look at the personalities, they lean overwhelmingly to the right. The morning crew, Neil Cavuto, John Gibson, Brit Hume, Sean Hannity and even Bill are all conservatives.
Bill is the only one I have seen a change in, but he is still a conservative on almost all issues.
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure it's appeasing. My take is that someone(s) has decided that fair and balanced equals neutral, achieved by presenting opposing points of view. Whether the people chosen are actually representing both sides of the real issue, and whether they're even telling the truth, doesn't seem to matter as much as being able to say "see, we're fair and balanced". (Example of this is countless debates between Dems and Reps on the Swift Boat issue -- those are NOT the opposing sides!)

Probably asking too much to want real analysis, which would include separating fact from opinion and then debating the opinions. I'm seeing way too much opinion (and spin) get by the interviewers and some proven lies go unchallenged. Still, Fox is the best there is most of the time, and it is refreshing to not have a far left spin on everything reported and discussed.

Kat
Jim T.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but Ruppert will be 6 feet under before he votes for a hollow stick like Kerry. I just peeled myself off the ceiling when I saw H@C beat O'Reilly. I predicted this in an E-mail to Billy last week. Now if only the people on this board will see the light and quit watching (and gratifying Billy) O'Reilly, maybe he can pay for his mistake of calling into question the integrity and honor of the brave and heroic men who are behind this website. I just sent another $50 to the SBVT, I suggest everyone do the same (or more) so we can sink Kerry once and for all!!! And we will do it with fact not FORGED DOCUMENTS. In case you can't see it, I can only see RED I am so mad regarding the CBS smear that last nights 60 Minutes is proving to be. Go to Drudge.com for all of the facts.
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhlewis wrote:
why is FOX changing. Why are they trying to appease the liberals.

I really don't think "they" are -- I think Bill O'Reilly wants everybody to coninue to believe that he's fair and balanced and to establish that he cannot take the conservative line at every turn. But I think what happened here is that he came out early and strong being critical of the SwiftVets but he did it without having a clue about that which he spoke. So now he's obligated to stick to his position. He gave the interview and was respectful, hoping to goodness you guys would think he's now atoned for his sins.

He's real happy to be where he is, wants to stay there, and will do whatever it takes. But I don't believe he understands "what it takes" in this climate. It could prove to be his undoing too.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now a word from our fossils...er...friends
at 60 Minutes:

"We created the docs with genuine IBM Selectrics
we found lying around in a space-time portal."

Very Happy

Mission Accomplished!!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Isn't she wounderful?

I don't know if you did that on purpose or not, but I'd have to agree. Every time she opens her mouth, Kerry gets wounded severely.
The wounderful Tereeeza Kerry. Classic! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: