SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did any one hear Rather on CNN? I posted the transcript
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gulf1609
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the graphic of the SinkKerrySwiftly bumper sticker? Could we get someone to do one of those about Rather--
CBS, there are consequences for your actions
FIRE RATHER or ELSE
Something like that---that than can be used by people when they post on boards. I can't remember what you call those but there are lots on this site who have the Sink bumper sticker. It might catch on and be a way to keep the heat on CBS.
gulf1609
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the transcript

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX FRI SEPT 10, 2004 12:01:25 ET XXXXX

RATHER DIGS IN: THE DOCUMENTS ARE AUTHENTIC

CBSNEWS anchor and 60 MINUTES correspondent Dan Rather publicly defended his reporting Friday morning after questions were raised about the authenticity of newly unearthed memos aired on CBS which asserted that George W. Bush ignored a direct order from a superior officer in the Texas Air National Guard.

CNN TRANSCRIPT:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DAN RATHER, CBS NEWS ANCHOR: I know that this story is true. I believe that the witnesses and the documents are authentic. We wouldn't have gone to air if they would not have been. There isn't going to be -- there's no -- what you're saying apology?

QUESTION: Apology or any kind of retraction or...

RATHER: Not even discussed, nor should it be. I want to make clear to you, I want to make clear to you if I have not made clear to you, that this story is true, and that more important questions than how we got the story, which is where those who don't like the story like to put the emphasis, the more important question is what are the answers to the questions raised in the story, which I just gave you earlier.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

CBS NEWS executives on Thursday launched an internal investigation into whether its premiere news program 60 MINUTES aired fabricated documents relating to Bush's National Guard service, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned. "The reputation and integrity of the entire news division is at stake, if we are in error, it will be corrected," a top CBS source explained late Thursday.

Developing...
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The democratic spin just never ends.

According to Joe Lockart of the Kerry campaign via George Stephanopolis claims they don't have any idea where the documents came from. The Kerry campaign and the democrats in general believe it was a setup orchestrated by the republicans to discredit the Kerry campaign.

Amazing! Truly amazing!
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the "mouth that roared", Dan Rather, is okie dokie with using forged docs as long as he nails Bush.

How short of a criminal mentality is that? Wink
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the experts are fools we just have to believe CBS
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: My Letter/Email Reply with quote

My letter/Email to the sponsors:
Dear Sir/Madam:
I see where your company was a sponsor of the 60 Minutes II television show that used false documents regarding Our President. Your company has not gone unnoticed as a sponsor for a CBS Fraud and Biased investigative reporting program that obviously is severely lacking in any investigative talents! I expect to see an announcement from your company regarding this inexcusable programming by CBS! Sincerely yours, Robert K. Tucker
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there's anything in the law that would allow a justice department or congressional investigation of this or possibly Judicial Watch could put in another complaint to the FEC. This was a blatant effort by the press to influence the outcome of a presidential election through fraud. I also think there's a major battle going on at CBS over this and no matter Rather might say publicly he's in deep trouble.

I'm emailing all the sponsers and CBS stating that I won't be watching any CBS programs and will be boycotting any products advertised on CBS until Dan Rather is fired. I'm also writing to my congressman and senators demanding this be investigated. We can't let him get away with this.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write each of 60 Minute IIs sponsors. Then email each CBS News department with a copy of an email you've sent to their sponsors. I did that yesterday and have already gotten two "personal" not form replies.
These are the "From" email addresses that may help you bypass filling out all the info on their websites:

hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com

consumerservicesdept@kcc.com

Go to every blog you can find on this topic and encourage people to complain to CBS and their sponsors. If the sponsors get enough complaints, they'll at least make enquiries of CBS and might even suggest that they release the documents for independent analysis and reveal the source of these documents.
________
Miscarriage / still birth advice

Last edited by m_drummond on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other suggestion. Email or call your local CBS outlet and any local companies that advertise on CBS and tell them they're being boycotted.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Rather has to be a complete idiot if he thinks he can stonewall this. The documents are fraudulent. The democratic party and Ben Barnes are behind the forged document and no amount of spinning can stop this thing from going ballistic. It is the Atomic Bomb for CBS and Dan Rather is up to his ears in the dirty tricks. He attended a democratic rally in Texas last year for his daughter in the very same county that Ben Barnes is a poilitical leader. Was thils little trick cooked up at the political rally with Dan Rather and Ben Barnes. The democrats have once again tripped over their egocentric pseudintellect. They actually think they are too smart for the common man to figure out. The parent company of CBS, Viacom, has launched story after story bashing Bush this year. The publishing arm has produced book after Bush-Bashing book this year. This has been a politicla hatchet job like the world has never seen and CBS is part of the heart and soul of the movement. Dan is dead meat. His career will forever be defined by FORGERYGATE
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: It Is Working Reply with quote

It is working and the sponsors are getting right back to me with very little time delays (see below)! And more sponsor email are coming in to me as I write this. GET YOUR EMAILS OFF TO THE SPONSORS! Put the pressure on!

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your e-mail to Kimberly-Clark about our advertising during the television show, 60 Minutes II.

We recognize that personal interests and tastes vary; and comments, such as yours, help us understand how people feel about our advertising and the programs during which we advertise. You can be confident that your opinion is important to us and that we will share your remarks with those who are involved.

Because our advertising schedules are determined far in advance, it is virtually impossible for us to know the content of every episode of a program series. When we do know a show's content, we try not to be associated with objectionable programming.

You may also want to present your views directly to the network if you have not already done so. We appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Jenni
Consumer Services
Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Judicial Watch? Reply with quote

If these documents prove to be forgeries, Dan Rather, CBS, and whoever gave them the forged documents could be sued for LIBEL against the President of the United States!

Maybe the Judicial Watch people might want to take THAT suit !!!
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Journalism 101 teach that sources are everything? That MULTIPLE sources need to be vetted before a story is run? Is this the same man that levels criticism at the Bush administration for it's intelligence "failures"? I guess it is a good damn thing Rather isn't in intel.

I think what grandforker says is depressingly true, but I refuse to accept that it is final. If enough pressure is brought to bear, if enough noise is made, if enough dust is kicked up they will have no out on this.

I agree with hammer2 that it is the sweetest of all ironies that Rather, who made his name by helping to destroy US credibility in Vietnam, and is responsible for trying to utterly demoralize those who served our country there, is being brought down in a scandal (because believe this: it will be a full blown scandal before it is over) with ties to Hanoi John and the ghosts of Vietnam.
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it could be accomplished with some effort. However, in lieu of time constraints, does anyone have a list put together of which sponsor's were associated with that show?

I'd be happy to whip up something to flood their inbox's with. I don't need links, just names of sponsors. Surely, I wouldn't want to use every CBS sponsor as a scapegoat. Only those directly associated with that particular show. I already knew Rather and 60 Minutes in general were biased, so I don't bother to watch the show. Don't want to overdose on my blood pressure medication... Laughing

Thanks!

I wondered how long it would take to come around to the theory that Carl Rove is behind the forged documents. Not very long. That's the latest word...
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if a slander lawsuit will be filed against Dan Rather and CBS on behalf of the family of the late Lt. Col. Jerry Killian?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: