SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dan Rather
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In analysing the Signature, the so called expert didn't seem to have heard of cut and paste.

If he was looking at an original signature, is it possible that that Col. Killian "presigned" a few memos for his aide to use.

Robert Strong, the administrative officer, probably made the forgeries and now is the one asked to vouch for them.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the signatures are cut and pasted. I think the signatures on the CBS documents were signed by someone else.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I substantially posted this elsewhere; apologies for the duplication.

People, I think this is personal on Rather's part.

Wasn't George H. W. Bush the sitting President that Rather insulted and tried to embarrass on national TV during an interview? Didn't Bush 41 call his bluff by telling him off and walking off the set? Didn't Rather storm off in a huff shortly thereafter, leaving his network with dead air for a (for TV) extended period of time?

Isn't George H. W. Bush the father of George W. Bush?

I think it all fits.

I think we will all find it rather amusing (pun intentional) that this is the second time Rather will get his comeuppance from a President Bush.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking here, after listening to Killian's son today on Hannity and on Tony Snow, I wonder if the Killian family could sue CBS and Dan Rather in order to obtain whatever copies, or originals, that CBS has of these memos. I think that is the only way to get them to release the documents and since the documents were obviously not with the other military documents Bush released, then they must not be official documents. And, as CBS claims, the memos came from Killian's personal files, supposedly, so would the memos not legally be the property of the family? Just a thought.

Debbie
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have something there Deb.

If they're official government docs, seems to me that the government can claim ownership of the originals. If they're not, seems to me the Killian family would have ownership rights. Any lawyers out there?

"Frying pan or fire - your choice, CBS."
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: This is Huge Reply with quote

This is the same "expert" that examined the Vince Foster suicide. Have these guys been getting by with this stuff for years?

Jennifer Flowers tapes were called bogus by LA detective Pelicano, who was on the Dem payroll but authenicated by CBS. Clinton later admitted this affair...

Rather looks like a doddering old fool. Time to go Dan...
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrgghhhh... In best Dean VOICE....

look at the REAL Killian Signature....

CBS is so debunked they are too stupid and pathetic to realize it....

They even got this moron, IMHO, to do the interview before the broadcast...

Double STUPIDITY....

Mind if we hang you and your credibility out to dry... Sure no problem says the HANDWRITING EXPERT..

EXPERT.... I debunked this jerk in 30 minutes by comparing the REAL Killian Signatures......

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo,

Yes, that seems right, as either they are the property of the government or of the Killian family, either way, they would not be the property of CBS. And if the government had the originals, then I think they would have been released a few months ago when Bush told the Pentagon to release all of his Guard records, but these were not among them. And, if they are copies, then it seems CBS would have to disclose where they obtained the copies as that would probably be the source that has the originals, and if they were sued, they would have to disclose all of this. Where are the originals, if, as CBS says, they have copies? Only CBS can disclose this. I am not a lawyer, so I don't know, but it would be interesting to fly this by Ginsberg.

Debbie
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Rather - setting a new LOW in professional standards ! Reply with quote

The jerk now is even DEFENDING the forgeries in front of him as authentic.. what a moron..

I don't think "professional journalism" standards could be lowered anymore than he did

Time to force that jerk off Air - Writing to CBS and their sponsors - that you as VIEWERS do not allow such lies get unpunished and unretracted

MAXX (from Austria)
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U guys are so right, Dan Rather looks like a senile old man. Wasn't it him just a few weeks ago that raised a rukus with the security of a hotel? I heard it on Fox. It sounded like the ravings of a very old grouchy man. Suzanne Somers was on and she recommended hormoones for him. Laughing
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a a common thread here

maybe

http://www.handwriting.org/main/samples/jkerry.htm
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: - John Podhoretz on Dan Blather's "professional standar Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/28276.htm
enojy !

The days of the MSM tyranny are numbered !
MAXX (from Austria)
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Dan Rather Reply with quote

rekcutt wrote:
I can't believe it, Dan Rather - "don't pay any attention to the format of the letter.......

For some reason, The Wizard of Oz leaps to mind: "Pay NO ATTENTION to that man behind the curtain!"--

ROFL!!!--Rather's whitewash couldn't have been more hollow or unconvincing--C
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Sonar5 Great! Reply with quote

and what is I see under the 'September 73 signature? Could it be a monospaced type. They must have gotten rid of those nifty super selectrics with the custom new times roman ball and gone back to the old pressure typewritters...

This is such a hoax. Here is another that CBS and Clinton put together. This deal has Clinton has operatives all over it.

Remember that touching scene at the end of 60 minutes, when Bill holding Hiliary's hand said that the never had an affair with Gennifer Flowers.

Well Bill hired detective Pellicano to examine the tapes. He said they were not authentic. CBS went with the story that they had been discredited.

Does anybody see a pattern here?
Wednesday, Nov.12, 2003 10:58 a.m. EST
Pellicano Tapes Could Spell Trouble for Bill and Hillary

As noted in Ron Kessler's 1995 best seller, "Inside the White House," "The Clinton camp made much of the fact that Anthony J. Pellicano, an expert on audio recording analysis, had told the press that a twelve-minute portion of the tape of conversations between Flowers and Clinton had been 'selectively edited' at two points."

To counter Pellicano's claims, Flowers submitted her recordings to Truth Verification Labs, which found them to be 100 percent authentic.

In 1999 Flowers filed a defamation suit against Clinton campaign officials James Carville and George Stephanopoulos - along with then-first lady Hillary Clinton - based on their attempts to use Pellicano's analysis to discredit her.

Arguing before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals last year, Flowers' Judicial Watch attorneys tied Pellicano directly to the first lady-turned-New York senator, telling the court: "Anthony Pellicano was a private investigator hired by Mrs. Clinton herself. And he's the one who did the analysis of the tapes."

The court ruled in Flowers' favor, allowing the lawsuit to proceed.

It was later learned that Pellicano was not an expert in tape analysis. He is now in jail for explosives but stands accused af much more...
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else note the contempt in Dan the FlimFlamMan's voice when he spoke of those in the "blogosphere and internet" who DARED question CBS' (the house that Murrow built) veracity? Edward R. must be spinning in his grave! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: