SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VVAW Media Coverage - Post comments here
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Rather drowning in his own BS Reply with quote

If you tune in to CBS and hear a gurgling sound, that would be Dan Blather drowning in his own BS. You would think by now that he would have learned that the cover up is always worst than the crime.

Blather was blinded by his agenda to do anything he could to make Bush look bad and help Kerry's struggling campaign. Fortunately, his overzealousness has blown up in his face. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When these fake documents are linked back to someone at th DNC then that will be the end of most Democrats this year. Anyone in a close race will fall with Kerry.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ wrote:
Yes!! Let's all thank Brit for this. I asked him in an email last week to
please assign someone to investigate these issues. Also, he's doing an
excellent job talking to the web logger who caught the CBS scam!

KUDOS!!

Actually, Scott from Powerline is taking credit for finding this. If you go back to his first post on the topic you find he got from me (Tom Mortensen) and a lady whose name I don't want to take the time to look up.

The real credit goes to "Bandit" aka "Buckhead" who posted it on his forum after seeing a question from "tGunner" (or something like that) on Free Republic. Go to Bandit's Forum and look it up!

I saw his note at "bandit's forum", looked at the documents and sent it with comments to all the big bloggers and the press. Powerline's first post on the topic references the Freepers, the lady, and your ASPB RiveRat Pundit.

Period.
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Powerline blogger on Britt Hume Reply with quote

Actually he did not take credit.

He said he posted something about the 60 miunutes story on his web log and then went to work. By the time he got to work he had about 50 replies from people noticing things.

Pete Bartow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then he modified the first post instead of updating it because the first post referenced sources. That's very possible but unlike Scott or John who both are highly ethical imho. All you have to do is go and look.

The here's a clip from the start of Scott's first post on the topic.

Quote:
Today's big Boston Globe story on President Bush's Air National Guard service is based on memos to file from the personal records of the late Lieutenant Colonel Jerry B. Killian: "Bid cited to boost Bush in Guard."

The Globe story is itself based on last night's 60 Minutes report: "New questions on Bush Guard duty." The online version of the 60 Minutes story has links to the memos. Killian died in 1984; CBS states that it "consulted a handwriting analyst and document expert who believes the material is authentic." Readers Tom Mortensen and Liz MacDougald direct us to the FreeRepublic post and thread (see post no. 47) to this effect:

Every single one of the memos to file regarding Bush's failure to attend a physical and meet other requirements is in a proportionally spaced font, probably Palatine or Times New Roman. In 1972 people used typewriters for this sort of thing (especially in the military), and typewriters used mono-spaced fonts.

The use of proportionally spaced fonts did not come into common use for office memos until the introduction high-end word processing systems from Xerox and Wang, and later of laser printers, word processing software, and personal computers. They were not widespread until the mid to late 90's.

Before then, you needed typesetting equipment, and that wasn't used for personal memos to file. Even the Wang and other systems that were dominant in the mid 80's used mono-spaced fonts. I doubt the TANG had typesetting or high-end 1st generation word processing systems.

I am saying these documents are forgeries, run through a copier for 15 generations to make them look old. This should be pursued aggressively.

And you know what? He may have seen the Globe article first. Frankly I could care less personally as long as we win the battle for the truth. What is clear to me is that "The Bandit" saw it first and I probably saw it 2nd or 3rd (without superscipts),

My only point is that "The Bandit" is a great intuitvie analyst but is unwilling to go public with his identity and research. That's to be admired and respected. If you want a committed analytic mind visit his site at least once a day. If you're like me, you'll validate his work and scream loudly at the press.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were asking Thorne (Kerry's ex-brother-in-law) questions and he answered everything in Kerry's favor.... Thorne was interviewed at Kerry's campaign headquarters with all the Kerry/Edwards posters in the background. I bet Thorne didn't even realize that just how biased it made him look.

Why not just ask Hanoi Jane to defend him and be done with it. Yeah, put her on a Soviet AA and put her in uniform before the interview... oh, sorry, I had that image "seared" in my mind....but I have proof of that image!!!!

I really have to send Brit Hume a thank you for his work. Still I would like to see him bring the Paris meeting issue up but I think he is waiting for a chance to hear it directly from the source. All he would get now would be some of Walter Mitty..err Kerry's lackeys trying to deflect and spin.

What would CBS 'uncover' (snicker) to help Kerry out of that one?... The CBS execs and the stockholders have to be extremely worried that this will really hit them hard where it counts. Would they send Rather packing as a token of apology? Do you think they would publicly ask Kerry to sign the 180?
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interviews posted by:

The Lexington Oral History Project, Inc.

Link: http://www.lexingtonbattlegreen1971.com/lexington1971.html

is very enlightening! Especially Christopher Gregory's testimony

Jerome (Jerry) Grossman gives a good history of how things evolved from anti-nuclear to anti-war relating to Vietnam. He does evade or put some distance between himself and VVAW when compared to Gregory's account.
Grossman reveals how Cameron Kerry contacted him to consider his brother John Kerry as a nominee.

All these show the relationship - ie, organization, money, etc - between Mass PAX and VVAW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: