SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Welcome.

That's 3 from the Herd now
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served as a infantryman in B Co. 2/5thCav 1971-1972 and in D Co. 1/12thCav, 3rd. Bde. (Separate), 1st. Air Cav. Div. in 1972. After B 2/5th stood down and came home, I was at the Central Highlands 1972 Easter Offensive when Tan Canh/Dak To was overrun and was with the first group of experimental TOW missiles mounted on jeeps. Parts of my story
can be found on the website: www.thebattleofkontum.com under the "Memories" section. If you read the introduction you will notice that the author also thought the press and country was biased as we all know they were.

I have a personal axe to grind with Kerry - because I know he lied! I volunteered at 17yrs. old in July 1971 AFTER Kerry's speech and spent 7
months in active combat units. Because of Kerry's Bull Sh.t we lost a lot of
good men trying to withdraw too quick. Were it not for him and his coharts
South Vietnam would be much like South Korea is today - a healthy democracy!

I despise John Fnkg Kerry.

William B. Page
Lafayette, La. 70506
Combat Infantrymans Badge (CIB), Bronze Star, etc.
JTCobra269
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: New Vet, different perspective, same view Reply with quote

Introduction - Served in the Marines from 77-82. Cobra avionics and flight status during that black period known as the Carter administration and the early Regan years.

Lost squadron members in both Desert 1 and Lebanon bombings.

Kerry reminds me so very much of that last Democrat Navy Vet - Carter. Kerry even invited that man to share his "stage" This the man that left our people hostage for 444 days. This same man that sent us to Cuba in '79 for a "show of force" to Fidel and the Kremlin - but would not let us carry weapons other than .38's, .45's and M-16's and made the gunships take off after the VIP birds!

What Kerry, nor most Americans understand is that we have been fighting this war for over 20 years - Since at least the Iranian Hostage Crisis. We have lost brothers and sisters in the Iranian desert, Beirut, Somalia, Kuwait, Iraq, and here at home.

In front of Congress and the world, Kerry hung out to dry his brothers-in-arms.....Has he shown the leadership to ever be considered for CinC? NO!

He could not be bothered to attend scheduled Intelligence committee meetings at least 70 per cent of the time....Has he proved his dedication by this enough to be President...NO!

We don't need to see another 2 generations fighting a war that should end on our watch. That is exactly what will happen if this country elects him.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Last edited by JTCobra269 on Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard all! Batten down the hatches, and prepare for very heavy rolls between now and November 2nd. When John O'Neill's book comes out, prepare for a huge onslaught on us Vietnam Veterans again, and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and this site. Jump in there, and help us fight em nation wide. If you can make it to Washington, D.C. on September 12th, by all means go to the Veterans March. If not, then do whatever you can in your area. Spread the word.

For Spiess, I spent nine months over in the Red Sea from August 90 to April 91 on the USS Elmer Montgomery (FF-1082) doing merchant interdiction boardings. We were the first ship over there to do 100 boardings, and on the morning of our 100th boarding, intelligence had come down with a report of a terrorist/hit squad being trained in Somulia or Sudan (I don't remember which) that was going to get on a merchant, and come up and specifically take us out. I was selected to not only be on the boarding party, but to train them because of my USAF Security Police background, and in the Navy, the MAA, Ships Self Defense Force background, etc..

One day, we'll have to compare notes about the Red Sea, and what a wonderful time that was! Cool

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
boatguy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born in '69, & have great respect for those who served before me. US Navy 1990-1998 Active, 1998-2004 USNR. Special Boat Unit (NSW)
Attached to Special Boat Unit, I was overcome with joy when I first heard that a former boatguy was running for president. I finally did my homework on Kerry & realized that I did not want this man associated with the US Navy & boatguys. I met Elliot Willians & spoke to him for a spell. Now thats a real hero. I am dissapointed with Kerry & his attempt to use his poor Naval performance to get votes. Expecially his "show" when he came home. I am not a democrat or republican. We gotta win this war! Bush is my man.
Michael Guest
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Guest, another old grunt from A 2/327/101 ABN.

I served in Viet Nam from Jan 69 until Jan 70. Neary all this time my unit was in the A Shau Vally in I corp. I was a rifleman and a squad leader eventually.

I first learned about John Kerry in the "Winter Solder Hearings" and thought he was a true fruitcake then. His allegations and charges against all Viet Vets was an affront to my senses and to my brothers. I was truly suprised that he ever gained elective office. His "Comrads" in the hearings didn't sould like real soldiers to me then, and I was not the least bit supprised when I recently found out that they were dupes. I certainly did not expect that any party could nominate him for anything. The ********* are in a sad state of affairs this year. He has managed to demean true sailors, men of honor and tradition. He has demeaned America in asking us to elect him President of these United States. I will fight in every way that I can to insure that it never happens.

I want to thank the brave men that have, with pride, stood by their principles on this web site to set the record straight. I am with you, brothers.
GerryRM3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: for Lew Waters and anybody that wants VAS Reply with quote

I was looking for that Victory at sea series and found it available on the History Channel web site.
I think the whole set goes for 80 bucks.
Time to start makeing hints to the wife for a b day present.
856rrd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U.S. Army Security Agency. RVN: 3/67-3/68. 856th R.R. Det. (199th LIB), Cat Lai; 335th R.R. Co. (9th ID), Bear Cat; 509th R.R. Grp (ARVN Jt. Gen. Staff), Saigon.

Welcome home, all of you, and it's good to be back with you.
SSBN_Guy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to the Moderators, I messed up while trying toregister as SSBN_Guy (I didn't notice the under 13 login when I clicked it). Please delete that one as my parents aren't around anymore to sign a consent form.

My name is Dave and I served in the Nav from 82 to 88, MM for you squids. I never have thought of myself as a veteran as I saw no combat during that time but I decided to register after reading the 11 pages of this thread. My father was an Air Force fighter pilot and he did his time in Viet Nam. He left behind a wife and 6 kids when his 105 was shot down near Dien Bien Phu in 66. We spent 28 years dealing with the MIA status before we were able to put him to rest in Arlington. The reason I bring this up is I'm hearing a lot now about useless wars are soldiers dying for oil or no reason at all. I think this is a strange way to think since I've never questioned why my father died but I was proud that he showed up everytime he was called.

By the liberal line of thinking the three sons he had should have run off to some college and entrenched ourselves with the hate America crowd because we lost our father in a "useless war" but a funny thing happend. We all joined the military, two in the Nav and one in the Army. One cousin in the Marines and another that was in Nam with the Army. I even have a niece in the Air Force that was stationed in the Middle East till January this year.

I may have not enjoyed my time in service but it is one thing that I have that can never be taken from me. I showed up, I did my best and then I left with my DD 214 in my hand. It's not worth much but sometimes I pull it out and look at it to refresh my memory of 2292 days in the Nav. That time changed me forever in a way that cannot be understood by people who never have served in the same way as I can never understand how if feels to take live fire from an opposing force.

I want to thank every veteran and active duty member for your service to your country protecting my family. For all of the members on active duty, all I ask is you come home whole and healthy and pray that God protects you till you return.

This November I will stand in line and cast a vote for my father, a sort of permanent absentee ballot. I know he would hate that sorry SOB as much as I do.
Bossman50
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Report For Duty Reply with quote

Introduction: Michael White USN 1972-1986 EN1
1972-74 USS Constellation (CVA-64)
1974-78 US Naval Station Subic Bay R. P.
1978-81 Coastal River Squadron 1
1981-82 USS Parsons (DDG-33)
1982-84 USS Fletcher (DD-992)
1984-86 Naval Reserve Center San Diego

I just hope we can open the eyes of a lot of Yahoo's in this great nation, who are blind to the BS John Kerry is about......This guy is a Major Loser we can not allow in the White House!!!!!!!
sacman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was a in viet nam just in time for tet off. in 1967 -yaaa me ....1st batallion 23rd infrantry ....not as good as kerry only one purple heart ...4 month in hosp....thought of kerry in white house makes me want to puke
Chiefjoe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reporting for Duty Reply with quote

Chief "Joe" here.
Wade Joseph GSEC(SW) USN (Ret)
820917-021031 (17Sept 1982-31Oct 2002)
from Wisconsin.

Hope we can band together and get the word out that the Traitor running for CAC isn't fit to lead.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Home and Aboard to All! All Vets are welcome, no matter if you served one day or thirty years.

Our Band of Brothers is numbering in the thousands upon thousands, whereas, Liar Kerry's is less than 20.

Friggin' War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
rml1953
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Time for the Truth Reply with quote

I served in the Army from July 72 to November 77. I was in AIT at Fort Dix when President Nixon stopped sending draftees to Vietnam. I was reassigned to the 3/9th FA (Pershing) at Fort Sill, OK.

I was blessed to have missed SE Asia and truly respect my comrades who served there. I have always been amazed and strenghtened by the bond we all shared as well as the emotion felt at the very mention of Jane Fonda. (She should be getting out of prison about now).

I miised the exposure Kerry got during the 70's. I knew what had been done but did not realize it was him until the May news conference. Since then and until now I was angry and disappointed at the "free ride" Kerry was getting. America has succumbed to the liberal propaganda machine that is re-writing history.

IT IS TIME FOR THE TRUTH--I AM HERE AND REPORTING FOR DUTY!!! Exclamation
nec1110
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I was in the Navy from 1989 to 1995. I was a ciws tech on the USS Pharris FF1094 and a Tomahawk tech on the USS O'Bannon DD987.

Nice site you guys have here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 11 of 47

Jump to: