SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peacetime USAF Vet here. Served from 1975-79, enlisted.

"Thanks" to all the Swifty's that are bringing the truth out about kerry. The road's gonna get rough, but know that there are literally millions behind you on the trail supporting you. Stay tough and keep the opposition on topic. They have no ground to stand on when the facts are being debated.
inlikeflint
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 Delta... Cavarly Scout. Death Before Dismount.
1st Cavalry, 1st Squadron, 1st Regiment of Dragoons, for the 1st Armored Division. 1st Brigade deployed... 4th Brigade in the rear.

94-97 Buedingen GE... Armstrong Kasserne
Dec 95-Nov 96 Bosnia- Operation Joint Endeavor - We secured more peace before 9Surprisedo am...

00 -01 Army Nasty Gaurd... pretended to be an 11-B one weekend a month... complete waste of time.

Miltiary History; Went from Ft Knox, to Germany. other than being the first unit to separate factions in the former republics of Yugoslavia... I spent my off time either drinking, or getting laid, or traveling... or a combination of all three in any order or combination. Went to CMTC a lot... thought about changing MOS to 18 series, but thought I could make more money back in the civilian world. Tried One in the Nasty Gaurd... and found that I have nothing in common with those types.... And remembered why I got out in the first place.

How is this... did I pass the vet test... or do you need to see my Hickory Farms Discount card with VFW printed on it?

Bosnia 95-96 Z.O.S. Mutants -Too much butter to list.

ACLU member
VFW member
RegArmy91Bravo87-91
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Mike,

I enlisted in 1987 regular army as a medic. Served until 1991 after Operation Desert Storm. Then Reserve Medic til 1996 (Regular Army is the way to go). My job during Operation Desert Storm was to re-aquaint the Reserve, and NG medics to the military lifestyle before deployment.

While my father was unable to serve in Vietnam, (because he is deaf), I know for fact that he supported the efforts of our troops over their. Or else my grandfather would have kicked his ass. My grandfather served in WWII and Korea.

Because of my grandfather, I have deep admiration and appreciation to all those that served in the armed forces.

Today I work as a Firefighter / Paramedic in Pennsylvania, and have at times been referred to as a hero. My belief is the real heros are those that will not come home and are still serving on foriegn soil.

I want to thank all those before, and after me that served!

God Bless
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to say Hello and Welcome to the new vets that have recently joined the site.
The obvious agenda here is to search for and discuss the truth about John Kerry.
Thanks for your service and again, Welcome.
afvet69-73
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short and sweet,USAF vet 69-73,ssgt. honor guard for one yearl 1970 spent most of that time burying our brothers, my turn came to go and thank GOD i returned whole, compleated my time in service, joined a professional fire dept in ct,30 year vet. rank of capt. Went to NY right after 911 to honor my brothers at their funerals as the FDNY searched for their own. Retired and am now in Fla. I remember john fonda kerry with the enemy flag waving behind him as he gave speeches,NEVER FORGETand NEVER FORGIVE Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
greentracer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reeves here, Engineman PO2
Naval Support Activity Detachment, Qui Nhon, Mar 1970/Mar 1971
We trained South Viet Nam Navy Sailors how to overhaul, refurbish, maintain, equip and crew a squadron of Swifties and a small squadron of PBRs.
I will do just about anything to help in defeating John Kerry. Thank You SwiftVets for taking the High Ground and speaking up for the Truth. I will help the best I can!
Mark
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: US Navy 1975-1979 Reply with quote

Hi,
I was an Aviation Machinist Mate 2nd Class, honorably discharged in 1979. I was in VA-46 out of Cecil Field in Florida, working on A-7B and A-7E Corsairs. I spent most of my time on the USS John F. Kennedy, but also spent time on the Nimitz, Eisenhower, Roosevelt (the Franklin Roosevelt) and a few weeks on the Lexington. I did two Med tours and a tour to the North Atlantic.

I grew up as a Navy brat, my father spent 30 years in the Navy, retired as a Line Officer in 1973. He served as the Security Officer in Yokosuka, Japan, and the Executive Officer at Subic Bay. He served on ships in WWII and Korea mostly destroyers. He passed away on November 1, 2000, and was buried in Arlington National Cemetary. My father was a great man who battled alcoholism his entire life, finally beating it 15 years before his death. He was what you would call a functional alcoholic, never missed a day of work, never drank at work. The last 15 years of his life were the best, and we finally saw exactly what kind of person he had been all those years, but he never let it out.

I once heard Ronald Reagan Jr. disparage George W. Bush, saying (my mostly accurate paraphrase) "The only worthwhile thing George W. Bush had ever done in his life was to stop being a drunk." Well, in my book, that counts for a lot. It is enough for me to know what he is made of.
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Introductions... Reply with quote

Hi! I just registered yesterday...found the site at the same time. Heard of you through The Federalist site and one or two others, but your video TV spot did the job. I posted the following on another board, thought I'd just copy it over here.

I echo a lot of the comments on Swiftie gallantry in establishing and following up on this site. You have a noble job now and ahead of you, and you have an honorable and honored history. I respect and appreciate you.

My military background was support, I guess. I joined the Navy to be "safe" but to serve. I'd already lost friends in Vietnam and didn't want to go inland. That much of it worked. In boot camp at Great Lakes I first learned of the PBR's. Only recently did I hear of Swift Boats. Discharged Alameda CA April '71.

I was Navy from '67 to '71, 2 yrs at NSD Yokosuka, 2 years on the Oriskany, CVA34. We sent a lot of ordinance off the "Big O" on A7's and F8's. She was actually a small deck carrier. But we launched and recovered at a clip equal to the big decks. I can only hope we were as accurate as we wanted to be. I think you can buy parts of her in the fishing department at Walmart now.

Our losses pale in the face of what most of you went through. We lost at least one plane off the cats--just went off the bow like a stone, full throttle, and that was that. We lost an F8 with pilot on a "too close" ground support flight--he flew into his own bomb blast, we were told. And we lost another pilot and F8 on a night landing when he brought the plane in five or six feet too low and plowed into the flight deck. That was an ugly event.

Kerry has so much stacked up against him, and so publicly, that it's just GOT to start coming out in a torrent. There are clearly some severe rips in the seams that are being covered up by a slavish press and the extraordinary financial power of the upper echelon Dems. SwiftVets carry a lot of credit for that.

At least Clinton was a little smart about it all, but it just seems Kerry gets his wacker stuck in his fly every time he turns around. It's good to see.

I believe this whole thing settles down to judges, I really do. The Supremes are very possibly looking at 4 retirements (Rehnquist, O'Conner, Stevens and Ginzberg) within the next 4 years. A couple of them may just up and die before then. And the courts are the prime operator for the liberals. Their courts do dirty work the legislature knows better than to even try.

Edward "I Never Worked an Honest Day in My Life" Kennedy knows he's an old, dying whore who wants to die knowing that he has helped put the final slit in the throat of this nation. Daschle sees that he has a MAJOR challenge in South Dakota. The rest of the power players see that, to finish their job on America, they have to get a president in THIS TERM who will nominate the kind of judges they need to get things done that would never ever make it through the very public legislative process.

The work being done by SwiftVets is phenomenally important and effective. Couple that with "Unfit for Duty" and the Cambodia lies and this guy's gonna nose in, hopefully by October. When he does, he'll carve himself and his dirty little tribe a real long gouge in the ground. The Dems are putting every last shekel of (other people's) money into this fight, they're accelerating to the max, and when they hit the gouge Kerry'll make will be downright monumental.

I look forward to that.

RE Gleason, YN2
Staff, Rear Admiral James D. Ramage
COMCARDIV7
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
SpookGroup_Stache
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Vets Only Reporting for Duty Reply with quote

I did not ride Swift Boats, I was a CTM "Spook Rider" on the other boats, the ones that sink and come back up again (hopefully). Served six years '75-'81 AFTER Vietnam, before Grenada or Panama, but I still was awarded three Navy Expeditionary Medals.
Check me out at the Site Master page of http://www.spookgroup.org
I am definately NOT a Kerry Supporter, but neither am I a Bush supporter (although between the two he is the lesser of evils) I am a Constitution Party supporter and will be wrinting in for Michael Peroutka. Since the "city" will no doubt give our New York State electoral votes to Kerry, I won't be hurting W either.
Keep Running that TV ad!! I have already clciked the PayPal button for $2.00 2X. How many other guys out there are doing this? It's only one beer, but then nobody can truthfully claim this site is paid for by secret Bush supporters.
US Naval Security Group
www.SpookGroup.org
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reporting for Duty Reply with quote

I am a colonel in the Marine Corps Reserve, a grunt by trade, coming up on 30 years, and will retire next June. I entered the Marine Corps in 1974, served approximately 5 1/2 years of initial active duty at East Coast bases, then reverted to the Reserve. I take my hat off to my older brothers in arms who served in Vietnam and trained me in the finer points of jungle and guerrilla warfare - you have earned my high esteem, and have truly earned the right to speak out the way you are doing. Although I came in too late for Vietnam, in subsequent active duty tours, I was glad to come back and serve during the first Persian Gulf war, Bosnia and Kosovo, and most recently last year with Iraq. As a reservist, I am currently on my second tour with the Joint Staff as a planner. As such, I am privileged to serve with officers and senior NCOs of all services, regular and reserve.

To the Swift Boat vets, a big Bravo Zulu. You guys have a lot of guts doing what you are doing. Keep up the good work and don't let the lefties get you down. Kerry is their boy, and you have taken the initiative to point out the truth about this pompous fool, and show that the emperor really has no clothes.

One observation. I am by no stretch any sort of hero, but I have been privileged to meet a number of true heroes, among them, a number of Medal of Honor and Navy Cross winners. NOT ONE of them brags or speaks up about what they did the way Kerry does. Kind of makes you wonder about this guy. And the Democrats who back him wouldn't know a hero if one came up and kicked them in their collective ass. But then again, I am not telling any of you something you don't already know.

“Go, stranger, and tell the Spartans that we fell here, in obedience to their commands.”
lifeflight24
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: New-be Reply with quote

Hi guy's & gal's

I'm new, just saw your board and wanted to let you know I support you all.

US ARMY Medic 1972 (DUST-OFF)
Anytime-anyplace-anywhere.
Purple hearts go to the guys on the ground (I was in the air)
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to all our new Veteran Members! Welcome aboard, batten down the hatches, and standby for heavy seas! Our enemies are massing for attacks on our front and our flanks. Grab your gear, weapon, and jump in there and start attacking them back.

All are welcome here, and all Veterans are Saluted and congratulated for their service to our nation.

War Woof!

Bill Wigginton
USAF/USN (Retired/Disabled)
USAF 70-74
388th SPS K9
USN 79-95
Vietnam
Desert Shield/Storm

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
gnarlyvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Served with Americal Div. Bravo 3/16th Arty at Tien Phouc,69/70. RA redlegg all the way. No way I'll support or vote for a chump who chose Fonda over the vietnam vets. It's what Kerry did, coming back and calling us war criminals and all that other crap. Only thing I saw was the commies killing civilians, for taking rice from the cidg's. Kerry turns my guts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Gnarly,

Share our message with doubters and believers alike!
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug wrote:
Doug here

Army 68-70
Vietnam Sept 69 - Sept 70 (364days)
Delta company 2nd of the 503rd 173rd airborne brigade
2 air medals
1 bronze star

I wasn't in the Navy or on a swift boat but I appreciate what you guys are doing... John Kerry is a phony anyone who say combat in the Nam knows it...

Thanks
Doug

If you bought any postal money orders on payday I might have sold them to you. I was in the post office May 69 - April 70

By the way was it the 2nd bat mess hall that got a B-40 rocket in the officers section before breakfast one morning?
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain

Last edited by jalexson on Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 14 of 47

Jump to: