SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that the date of death on the tombstone is stated as 12.1.69, but what I assume would be the date of birth is written N 5lMH.1946? The stone would have been engraged with both dates at the same time, why the difference?
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre wrote:
Rush is talking about the Nightline fiasco right now.

In the 1:00 hour (EDT), Rush is playing excerpts from last night's show interspersing his comments. Rush has been a huge pro SwiftVet guy.

Koppel sounds very argumentative and testy in the sound clips.

Rush is linking Koppel to the Halperin and CBS media bias also.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mr. O'Neill, stop holding up books."

Hahaha! Very Happy

Well, Mr. Journalism, you were apparently completely unaware of them, so it's a good thing Mr. O'Neill brought them to your attention!

You spent a bundle of money to get a handful of nothing.

You coulda gotten that from the Kerry campaign.

If you wanted the truth, you could have started by comparing documentation that exists right here, right now at far less expense.

You give yourself away when you say at the end of your show, "Can you imagine how incensed the Kerry campaign would have been if we hadn't shown what we found out?"

Haha! Oh, sheesh, what a monumental ego - as if you found anything - as if you had anything helpful to the Kerry campaign or harmful to Swifts/POW's!

You took Mr. Halperin's memo seriously, Ted - YEARS before he even wrote it! The less -polite phrase is, "drank the KookAde."
TN3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush just played a soundbite from the Nightline episode. John O'Neill was great!! How could anyone in their right mind not believe O'Neill???? He should run for President in 2008!! I love that man.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent an e-mail to nightline giving them hell. This is a disgrace
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen this brought up yet.

The VC stated there is (present tense) a cache of weapons buried under a garden from the aftermath of that battle.

She even walked over to the garden to show where they were. I was waiting for the ABC Nightline team to dig up the weapons as proof.

Instead, they moved on.

Maybe they did dig up the garden and found nothing.

I was left with the impression the weapons were sill there.

Anyone else get the same impression?
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
Haven't seen this brought up yet.

The VC stated there is (present tense) a cache of weapons buried under a garden from the aftermath of that battle.

She even walked over to the garden to show where they were. I was waiting for the ABC Nightline team to dig up the weapons as proof.

Instead, they moved on.

Maybe they did dig up the garden and found nothing.

I was left with the impression the weapons were sill there.

Anyone else get the same impression?

yep, i wondered about that myself.
i wouldn't put it past ABC to have dug them up and saw they didn't pass an age test for being buried over 30yrs so they left that out
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole thing was just a shameless hit piece.

The women who's husband was shot and killed (tombstone) ....she was pregnant at the time....

They burnded the huts down.

Bullets and bombs everywhere.

Then it turns out the place was a stronghold....but the stupid americans didn't even finish the job and find the weapons....you know because they just wanted to burn some huts and kill some soon to be fathers.... and the mighty VC later raided the US ammo dump of the incompetent americans and stole their weapons and .......planted them in a garden....what?.....
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another thread, mcknz provided a handy feedback link.

mcknz wrote:
I responded to the Nightline effort to defame the Swiftees by making another donation to the Swiftees and then writing to Nightline and let them know that it is because of their story. Please join me in doing so. Every little bit counts. You can email Nightline at:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/ClosingThoughts/story?id=64577

ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could I have been so blind?

Weapons were planted in the garden (like seeds.)

They grew and the VC woman was walking among the tall, green mature weapons plants.

Or, the story was BS and fertilized the garden.
ScottyDog
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

****My letter to Nightline****

John Kerry-Untold Story

Dear Nightline:

I am shocked and astonished that you would take the word of our former enemy over the words from a group of decorated Veterans that are AMERICANS!

I am convinced that since Mark Halperin wrote the memo that you take John Kerry's side on his campaign that any problem with John Kerry's integrity would be ignored.

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are far more credible then the Enemy. In addition, you story left out the fact that John Kerry is considered a hero in Vietnam because of his Anti War Activities.

The credibility of Ted Koppel and ABC news is in the toilet. You have become apologists and cheerleaders for the Kerry campaign.

Why don't you just get it over with and say that ABC supports John Kerry for President and quit trying to put on phony news stories to support john Kerry.

A disgusted American,
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reply to Nightline.
I would have actually given your story some credit, IF it would have pointed out which of the THREE Silver Star Citations you were quoting from of the February 28th incident. The only thing this show proved to me is that either John Kerry (via his biography) or the hamlet witnesses are not telling the truth about the matter. If you are so interested in pursuing the truth about the story, why doesnt Nightline strongly request Senator Kerry to sign Standard Form 180 to allow the public to view his military records. If he is the war hero he claims, he should have absolutely no hesitation in doing so. If you want a real news story, I would suggest looking into why Senator Kerry has not signed the form and what he may be hiding, such as something other than a honorable discharge (Thomas Lipscomb New York Sun, October 13, 2004). Then again, I somewhat doubt you would try to provide Americans a perspective that shows Senator Kerry in a negative light. If you happen to go over to Vietnam again, how about an interview with the enemy he visited with while in Paris. It is a fact he did so, and then recommended their 7 point plan directly to the United States Government. If this isnt a news story, I dont know what is. To be honest, I dont think your report was terrible, it just lacked adequate evidence from the other side. Taking the word of people who are only allowed to speak with "minders" is hardly what I would call definitive, especially when you have US Military on Kerry's boat and others who are more than willing to speak out. Oh wait, one second, I guess Kerry's guys do have handlers also, seems Del Sandusky is the only one who goes out and speaks to the public anymore. Which brings up another news story for you. Why dont you check out one Mr. David Alston, who gave a speech supporting Senator Kerry during the Dem. National Convention. He didnt serve the duration of time he indicates with Senator Kerry, and is no longer being interviewed by the media, same goes with other members of Kerry's boat. Why dont you request an interview with all of these gentleman? I'm sure the SwiftVets would be happy to speak, but the only one you were interested in interviewing was John O'Neill who although is very knowledgeable on the subject was not even there. If you do a piece that actually looks into Senator Kerry's military record from an American perspective, I will tune in and listen, until then, you can count me as another viewer ABC has lost due to questionable journalism.

Sincerely,
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
How could I have been so blind?

Weapons were planted in the garden (like seeds.)

They grew and the VC woman was walking among the tall, green mature weapons plants.

Or, the story was BS and fertilized the garden.

ROFLMAO!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulf1609 wrote:
I keep posting the same article that came out yesterday and I can't understand why people are not outraged. Halperin(ABC political news director) has DIRECT ties to Soros, the Clintons and also to the communist community. The American people are being "had". ABC is directly trying to influence this election. This was not the first hit piece and I bet it won't be the last. Please read the article. This goes much deeper than his little memo he wrote.

this is the first I've read it... not surprised at all.... this should be sent to brit hume..... and emailed to newspapers in WI, OH, PA, FL, NV etc....

the G Soros connection is really something ! no wonder bush complained.... we should also file complaints with FCC....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
sayoung
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: abc Reply with quote

Congratulations to John O'neill! Talk about laying the smackdown on Ted Kopout, oh, I mean Koppell. I heard about it on Rush Limbaugh and in my humble opinion, John O'Neill made old Ted look like the complete Kerry hack that he is. You have to give it to O'Neill for having the juice to hold ABC's feet to the fire and I thought Ted was going to have a nervous breakdown when John kept showing those books. I thought Rush was playing one of his radio gags when I heard that ABC went to the VIETCONG TO HAVE THEM SUPPORT KERRY'S STORY! The VIETCONG???????????? John was very effective when he pointed out that even in Tour of Duty, Kerry's OWN book, says there was only one teenager. OOPS That supports the Swift Vet's book, Hell, we can't have that-let's go to Vietnam and interview instead the vietcong from THIRTY-FIVE years ago and see if they remember One particular "battle" out of a multi-year war. Don't worry, now, the main stream media will quickly pick this up and run with it, why, it will be plastered all over the news! Now it seems to have backfired and apparently, the MSM is at a loss to understand why. Have they not figured out that they have no credibilty anymore? Can't wait for the "Stolen Honor" documentary to air, it'll be worth popping a bag and settling in for a laugh afterward when the media scrambles to discredit it. Oh to be a fly on the wall at Kerry headquarters then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 14 of 33

Jump to: