SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bostonian wrote:

There is no middle ground between truth and lies.

Wouldn't that be 'spin'?
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre wrote:
Bostonian wrote:

There is no middle ground between truth and lies.

Wouldn't that be 'spin'?

What?!? In the "no spin zone"??? Not a chance.. Wink
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he mentions receiving a ''slew" of emails from angry far right viewers on his conduct towards the Swiftees.

That leaves a lot of room for leeway, if you are a born-again new-reformed quasipseudocryptocommie apologist.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyBrat wrote:
On BOR's talking points, he mentions receiving a ''slew" of emails from angry far right viewers on his conduct towards the Swiftees. That must be us, guys and gals. Why is dissenting a "far right" thing as if everyone who wrote in were "on the fringe" of this??

Did anyone catch BOR subtle phrase of "Believing Rassmun" side of the story after Oneill tried to detail the falling off the boat and the so called small arms fire? It seemed to be a small dig.

Other than that, it seemed that BOR was trying to be decent as far as his ego would let him Very Happy

someone must have put Prozac in his morning coffee Shocked Very Happy

Dissenting is not a "far right" or "far left" thing.
Drawing a line in the sand ... that makes you far-something.

O'Really? can't accept hard lines drawn. He actually thinks there's some acceptable middle ground between "right" and "wrong" on all issues, unless it was his opinion or analysis that drew the line.
hopeful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR was all about saving his ratings. The crew here pushed him to the wall and he had no choice. Let's keep it up. This could be the end of johnny boy, the msm and lily livered talking heads ( I still think that is quite an ironic nautical term). BOR finally read the book after he spewed the venom. It is too late Bill!
rmeals
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched his interview (it seems so long ago) with Gardner I was interested to see how this one went. In the Gardner interview he was very rude, essentially called him a liar, cut off his answers, claimed his staff had researched things and discovered, for instance, that Dr. Letson wasn't a real doctor and a liar (or words to that effect) and that the whole thing with the SBVT was the work of extremist bombthrowers. I am still waiting for him to appologize to Steve Gardner and Dr. Letson. I also wonder why his staff had to do more research since in the Gardner interview he claim they had done their research.

This new interview was progress but he filled it with excuses for Kerry. I feel the only reason he did it was to take some heat off his ratings. He didn't come across as a blowhard because he saw the backlash from the Mathews/Michelle thing and didn't want to dig a bigger hole. I think this was more of a "I'll do the interview and then it will all go away" kind of thing. When he was after issues like United Way and Jesse Jackson he was never this passive. Between he and Mathews, it is almost like they are running scared... ratings are everything to these guys.

Regarding the youthful mistakes kind of things, I thought the idea was that when you became an adult you had to face adult consequences. As a officer in the Navy those consequences include life and death. I for one never took time out when I was young to negotiate with the enemies of the United States or give false testimony to Congress or go to meetings where the assasination of politicians was debated.
sparky 36
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mr O Neill did a great job again and I salute him and the rest of the swift boat vet's. They have put a lot on the line for all of us that wore the uniform.
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
Ogre wrote:
the0point wrote:
BOR is lost. Kerry did stupid things in his youth? BOR doesn't seem to remember that soldiers DIED!!! That MILLIONS of Vietnamese and Cambodians DIED!!! He is so morally bankrupt just to get ratings...it's dizzying.

He also seemed to overlook that it was Kerry himself who made it a current event by trying to exploit it.

I agree, also I would like to add that he didn't just do stupid things in his youth, it's he's done STUPID things right along since his youth, 35+ years of STUPID things! STUPID things that cost MILLIONS of lives. In the costing of lives catagory Kerry rates right up there with Joseph Stalin and Eric Eichman!

what NOONE has pointed out, that i've ever seen, is the fact John O'Neal and jillions of lads that went to 'nam were also "young" AND "exuberant"

they didn't act lke Kerry...neither THEN or since!

somebody should throw that phrase right back at them!
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact is Bill O'Reilly doesn't have a political agenda. He has a financial agenda to make as much for himself as he can. To do this requires advertising dollars which requires ratings. Period.

While I too would like O'Reilly to have come out strongly on the side of the Swift Vets, I would also like Kerry to be flattened in the course of a week by a tidal wave of revelations. Neither is likely to happen.

Frankly it will be far more satisfying for Kerry to die a thousand deaths one slice at a time, metaphorically, over the next 56 days.

The link between John Kerry and the evil that wants this nation to fall is direct. The old media is not going to cover it, or uncover it if you will. It remains for the new media to do the heavy lifting. The Swift Vets represent ground zero for Kerry's treacherous and ugly conduct. They have done a magnificent job of raising awareness through the media filter.

The more I read about the events of the 70's (when I was a high school and college student oblivious to the culture war erupting around me) the angrier I get and the more determined I get to see the wrongs of the past righted in the present. The defeat and humiliation and repudiation of John Kerry and his like minded colleagues would be a good step in the right drection.
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an interloper here. I'm a girl (sort of -- definitely female but maybe too old to refer to myself as a "girl"), not old enough to have served in Vietnam, and very, very respectful of what this website means to all of you.

Having said that, I'm going to stick my two cents in anyway.

Who said "keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"?

So many people in this thread have identified the BOR psyche (to the extent it can be identified). Many of you are angry, won't watch anymore, feels he's self-agrandized through this interview, none of which I disagree with.

I've been a long time BOR watcher and agree with many of your assessments. But what I saw tonight (as many of you have noted) is that he's had to come around from his original position because (1) this issue isn't going away and (2) he's gotten way too many e-mails from you guys (as he's admitted).

He's trying to move around without losing face, I think. In his usual "fair and balanced" way, he insinuated that he would ask these same tough questions to Kerry when he talks to him.

If there's one thing we all know it's this -- Kerry would never be caught dead on that program.

So what do we do? Send billiosn of e-mails thanking BOR for the courtesy, the insightful questions, yadda, yadda, yadda, and tell him how much we look forward to his asking equally piercing questions to Kerry -- stoking the fire to have him get Kerry on the show.

If there's one thing BOR can't stand it's for someone to, in his words, be "too much of a coward" to come on his show. Knowing that Kerry won't show, panting to BOR how we can't wait to see him be "fair and balanced" with Kerry sets the stage for him to start firing on Kerry too -- he must be too scared or guilty to face the great interrogator BOR.

I'm really serious guys. There is a real opportunity here to have BOR turn on Kerry in a big way. I'm an advocate of gaining ground whever you can, even if you don't like the hosts of the ground you're gaining. I just don't think it can hurt -- we know what Bill is, we're just figuring out his price.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR was excusing Kerry, somewhat "because he was young", but I think O'Neill was a good calm orator of the facts. Anyone notice that he was able to say "Kerry's boat fled" THREE times? Laughing

That was toooo funny! Over all, I think it has probably, at the very least, enticed people to read the book to see the Swifties side! I think that is a good day's work! Take it home John!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there's one thing BOR can't stand it's for someone to, in his words, be "too much of a coward" to come on his show.

You sure have a point there. Complete disdain. Wink

O'Neill was awesome, as usual. My admiration for this man and all the other spokesmen who are brave enough to get onto national television and tell their stories continues to grow.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great take on BOR KathyKay

Quote:
If there's one thing BOR can't stand it's for someone to, in his words, be "too much of a coward" to come on his show. Knowing that Kerry won't show, panting to BOR how we can't wait to see him be "fair and balanced" with Kerry sets the stage for him to start firing on Kerry too -- he must be too scared or guilty to face the great interrogator BOR.

I'm really serious guys. There is a real opportunity here to have BOR turn on Kerry in a big way. I'm an advocate of gaining ground whever you can, even if you don't like the hosts of the ground you're gaining. I just don't think it can hurt -- we know what Bill is, we're just figuring out his price.

I have seen him go ballistic when people wouldnt come on his show - its the one thing he cant stand

Wink
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

O'Neill was awesome, as usual. My admiration for this man and all the other spokesmen who are brave enough to get onto national television and tell their stories continues to grow.

Amen to that!!

Oneill is such a gentleman and speaks calmly and forcefully through the media hysteria and put downs.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. Kerry is too much of a coward to go on BOR's show. As a matter of fact, Kerry cannot go on any shows. He can't do a live interview because he cannot be in any position where he might be asked a question he doesn't or cannot answer honestly or otherwise. He is triangulated and trapped. I rather like the slow death method myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: