SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this on another board.O'Neil's response:

Statement by John O'Neill on "Nightline" Appearance
Author:
Dated: Friday, October 15 2004 @ 08:00 AM PDT
Viewed: 742 times
While I have a tremendous amount of respect for Ted Koppel and ABC News I was appalled to learn that ABC News would go to the lengths of traveling to Vietnam to interview three Viet Cong communists in yet a third attempt by ABC to corroborate John Kerry’s version of the events that took place on February 28th, 1969.
I would only ask the American people: "Who do you trust more, three members of a communist regime that tortured and killed our American troops or a group of more than 280 highly decorated American veterans, who proudly served their country and are now responsible members of their respective communities?"

The number of veterans who support John Kerry’s accounts of his military service would not fill one Swift Boat. But instead of sitting down to interview some of the 280 plus members of our Swift Boat organization, ABC News chose to travel to Vietnam taking extraordinary and highly suspect steps to find someone to corroborate John Kerry's story.

ABC News Nightline has now dedicated three separate programs to this one incident while ignoring John Kerry's now discredited Senate testimony that he spent Christmas in Cambodia, his receiving a purple heart after all three of the officers required to approve such an issuance rejected his application, or his constantly changing account of the circumstances surrounding his remaining medal, a bronze star.

Further, one has to wonder why ABC News will not address the serious questions as to why John Kerry only received an honorable discharge through the act of then President Carter, seven years after his discharge, and had to have all of his military citations reissued, on the same day, when he became a United States Senator in 1985. And, finally, why has Nightline found it of no interest to permit any POWs to come on their program to explain why they believe John Kerry betrayed their nation, caused them to be incarcerated for an additional two years and caused them tremendous additional hardship and suffering.

-- John O'Neill
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Please take a look at this and see if this is the interpreter Nightline used who was on the boat speeding down the river in the beginning while speaking Vietnamese:
http://www.fahc.org/telemedicine/vietnam/o.jpg

If this was the guy then he is Chuck Searcy, one of those vets in Hanoi rallying for Kerry and selling t-shirts with Bush slashed through. He's also the director of the Vietnam Memorial Fund in Hanoi, a laudable sounding effort, but read what he thinks. This is what he said:

www.nnn.se/abf/append2.htm
"The security situation for the 25th anniversary in Vietnam last year did not even come close to the official restrictiveness, bordering on oppressiveness, that I have experienced in the US".

www.aiipowmia.com/inter21/in041101vn.html
On the MIA/POW issue: "Chuck Searcy, director of Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund office in Hanoi, said the crash was a tragedy but remained insignificant compared with the suffering that Vietnam still endures as a legacy of what is known here as the American War. We've really got to ask ourselves, is it worth losing 16 people trying to account for those who died more than 25 years ago? We're spending $US75 million ($152 million) a year looking for teeth and fragments of bone, yet we spend a fraction of that on the humanitarian assistance Vietnam so desperately needs."

Kerry's tentacles reach very deep, all the way to Vietnam.

I'll tell you what - the guy who they portrayed as being an independent producer who approached ABC looks very much like this Chuck Searcy. ABC gave him a different name however as others have pointed out. Could it be they hoodwinked that badly?
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look like him. Does anyone have a video of the broadcast they could freeze frame the guy?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It IS appalling Nightline would stoop to believing our former enemies over our soldiers, so who brought them into the mix? I just listened to the mp3 audio and questions remain about the circumstances surrounding the "freelance producer", Kyle Hurst, who was in and out of Vietnam for 25 years and told Nightline he could take them to the spot of the Silver Star action. Did the producer call Nightline first or vice versa? Where do Kerry's Hanoi-based US veteran buddies fit in to this picture? Did they provide any contacts with the Vietnamese governement? I don't think Kyle Hurst was the interpreter on the boat as I recall from viewing the show last night.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's two screen captures of the Kyle Hurst (SP?) from ABC's story;

Note - Images removed to save bandwidth!

Last edited by flagreen on Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They part their hair on different sides.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ears look the same to me.
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell from the photos if it is the same guy or not. The guy's hair on the boat is blown from the wind so it's not really a part. My husband doesn't think they're the same guy. I wish I could see Nightline again for comparison .
swiftsocks
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read almost all the messages here, but must have missed the MP3 of the boradcast. Can someone please post it again.

Couple of things bothering me BIG TIME.....

1. The date on the headstone...12-16-69
I thought this guy was killed on 2-28-69

2. Was it a loin cloth or black pajamas ?

3. How do these ppl know it was 6 months when someone with a
camera was there. To me, 6 months is long enough for the seasons
to have changed.

4. Someone here posted pictures of a VOTE FOR KERRY RALLY held
in Aug. 2004. The Kerry guy was selling t shirts for $5bucks !

5. Without the MP3, I cant be positive, but I thought I heard Koppel
mention the date as "Feb 20, 1969"

6. MOST IMPORTANT....not one word from mainstream media about the
Nightline show !!!!!

Just my humble opinion....but this whole thing is full of holes ! ABC has
obviously thrown this together in support of Kerry's Silver Star. My
Granny always told me..." I dont mind anyone shi**ing in my hat, but
when they try to pull it down over my ears...they have a fight on their
hands". When we gave CBS "a pass" on the fake documents, we just
gave the media a blank check to lie to us as long as they didn't get caught
and weren't held accountable. Until we stop allowing the alphabet networks to perpetuate their bumbling left wing lies, this rabid journalism
will flourish.
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I've been sitting here frame by frame on my Tivo and there iare some striking similarities, particularly in the nose. Very striking similarities.
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABC's Nightline - First MSM Failed Derailment of Swiftees Last Stand

In hindsight, it looks to me like Ted Koppel's long-overdue and curiously surprising "invitation" to John O'Neill to finally appear on NightLine last night was probably nothing more than the first of several upcoming attempts by the pro-Kerry MSM to ambush and smear the Swiftees again, just before these American Veterans pull all punches and make their last stand against a John Kerry presidency in the final days before the election.

Everyone knows the Swiftees are getting ready to launch their most lethal barrage against Kerry's character and fitness to serve, so the leftwing media is back to its active smear campaign against the good guys. It's been awhile since their last public defamations of the SwiftVets as "proven liars," so they're very worried that undecided voters might start believing these war veterans.

Countdown to kickoff, Monday Night Football, just 3 days away, and on ABC no less. Sweet!

MSM Mission One - Sorry, Complete Backfire, Ted!!

John O'Neill wins Silver Star against Numerically Superior Force!!

Your ridiculous story did not discredit the SwiftVets - Instead, John O'Neill single-handedly discredited you and your biased leftwing network, for going to such lengths to gather questionable accounts from our enemies, while failing to interview a single one of the honorable American Veterans who were there and have raised serious questions about the legitimacy of Kerry's Silver Star that day.

Who's Next? CBS? NBC? WaPo? NY Times?

Bring it on!! My money's on the Swiftees!!

Are You Ready for Some Football?
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My response to Niteline....

I am sure it will not matter much, but made me feel better to tell them what I thought.

Dear Mr. Koppel

I must say once again I am not surprised in ABC's biased story on John Kerry. It is really sad when we, The American People, are learning that our news sources are so biased and so out of touch with the real American that it is truly just unbelievable...but watching and listening to ABC and CBS in recent days have just confirmed what I have already known...the main stream media, as it is called, is SLANTING the news and not REPORTING it.

John Kerry has NOT signed the 180 to release his military records...and I would trust and believe 254 vets of our Armed Forces than I ever would any enemy of our country. Your question should have been why has John Kerry NOT sign the 180 and what IS John Kerry trying to hide.

I wish I could say I am shocked, surprised, but I am not. In today's news it is the norm to report lies as truth, and truth as lies.

I wonder why you only asked one incident about John Kerry...what about his Cambodia story that was "seared" in his memory. Or the first purple heart that his own campaign has said was "probably self-inflected". Or the Rassman incident in which John Kerry has several "versions" and has now admitted he left the scene where the other men stayed behind and treated the injured and work to save the swift boat?

The American public is much smarter today than it once was. It is a sad time in American history when our news sources are turning to lies to or mistruth to favor one candidate over another.

I am a vet, spouse of a retired vet, and while my husband is still on INR (inactive reserve) the important of this election has a personnel interest. I also have a son who is almost 17 - so who the next commander-in-chief is hits home.

Disappointment in ABC - that is a mild statement for what I feel..the injustice you did to the swiftvets and Mr. John O'Neill is truly beyond any words I could even say.
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're fortunate to have a very active and engaging community of friends here, both Americans and other foreigners, as well as many, many Vietnamese. There are constant invitations from the Vietnamese to attend weddings, birthday parties, and observances of death anniversaries of close relatives, which are not so much somber occasions as times of remembrance celebrated with food and drink, flowers, much visiting and conversation among family and friends."
Chuck Searcy has a wide circle of friends and acquaintances in Athens, and he manages to visit here from time to time, even from Hanoi. He is a native of Thomson, Ga., a graduate of The University of Georgia, a founder of The Athens Observer weekly newspaper, and a former deputy press secretary in the U.S. Small Business Administration during the Carter administration. He has also served as press secretary to former U.S. Senator Wyche Fowler and executive director of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association in Atlanta. He was stationed in Saigon during the Vietnam war in military intelligence and developed a deep regard for the country and its people. He traveled to Vietnam for several visits at his own expense before going there in 1995 to head up VVAF's programs.
"When I sometimes sit on my roof deck and look out over Truc Bach Lake near my house," he writes, "I think what a lovely city this really is, how gracious and generous the people are, and how fortunate I am to be able to spend a few good years here in Vietnam."
In this dispatch from Hanoi, Searcy describes a motorcycle journey he recently took in the Vietnamese highlands with his friend and co-worker Vu Quy Trung.

http://www.flagpole.com/Issues/02.17.99/vietnam.html
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Harry, interesting stuff. Hope all is well. In addition to the landmine/UXO project in central Vietnam, I've got a few business deals cooking in Hanoi, we'll see if they pan out. Take care. -- Chuck"

http://harryjoiner.typepad.com/proven_ways/2004/07/using_the_inter.html
ThanksVets
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm sure every American citizen living and working in Vietnam would also be happy to help in any way that would be useful, particularly in introducing you and others to the people of Vietnam -- which may be a slightly different prism that what can be viewed only through meetings with government officials."

http://www.ffrd.org/indochina/hr/searcy-brownback.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 15 of 33

Jump to: