SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Indianapolis at a convention hotel and BOR and O'Neil are coming up RIGHT now!

Must be a delayed broadcast.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: O'Reilly interview Reply with quote

Although the O'Neill / O'Reilly interview may have been disappointing for those embittered by what Kerry did to them in 1971, O'Neill did make lots of progress in that interview.

O'Reilly, after reading "Unfit for Command", did agree that Kerry had had an anti-war agenda BEFORE going to Vietnam, which few others in the media have mentioned. He also allowed O'Neill to get in several key facts:

1) Kerry got his Purple Hearts for "three scratches", interested in leaving Vietnam ASAP.

2) The Kerry campaign's version of the Rassmann rescue (all boats fled except "hero" Kerry who rescued Rassmann) was debunked--Kerry's boat fled while the others saved the No. 3 boat.

3) The Vietnam veterans are more upset about Kerry's accusing them of war atrocities than glorifying himself for medals.

4) Kerry met with the North Vietnamese while American troops were still in Vietnam.

O'Reilly obviously didn't put enough emotion into his responses to O'Neill's statements, especially those about Kerry's accusing the veterans of war atrocities and meeting with the enemy. He is still trying to bury the issue, but he DID say to "read the book", which might incite people to do just that and draw their own conclusions.

But I've heard Bill O'Reilly rant and rave, and rudely berate and interrupt other guests with whom he disagrees, but he was comparatively gentle with O'Neill. It wasn't a slam dunk, but SBVT did, thanks to O'Neill's unflappable calm, get their foot in the No Spin Zone, and a plug for the book. Given O'Reilly's large audience, it's better to have him as a "neutral" observer than a hostile bloviator.

A big step forward...

Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what are we at ? day 37 of the Kerry won't talk to anyone of consequence watch ? Of course he won't go on O'Reilly. He'll sit down eventually with Katie Couric or some such cream puff.

Kerry was young, if you consider 27 that young. But he was definetly not naive. He was coldly calculating about what he was doing both in his "tours of duty" and in his testimony. There was nothing chance, random, or impetuous about it. He needed war hero status for his JFK resume, he needed anti-war hero status to be politically viable in Massachusetts. He believes he is entitled to be President. He hasn't earned respect, admirarion or even the right to be treated in a civil manner. He is a disgusting traitor to his fellow servicemen and to his country.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You folks have covered it all. No need to go over it again.

The bottom line from BOR................"read the book"

Bingo!
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Well what are we at ? day 37 of the Kerry won't talk to anyone of consequence watch ? Of course he won't go on O'Reilly. He'll sit down eventually with Katie Couric or some such cream puff.

You are right on both points. This is soon to be 38 days since Kerry answered a real question from a real reporter.

Soon he will sit down with someone other than a real journalist, or even Bill O'Reilly, and you identified where he will face his softballs: the MSNBC/CNBC/MSNBC Kerry for President Network. I say "soon" because he wants the cream puff interview immediately before the debates, so he can feign great outrage at the charges made against him.

Then, at the debate, he will echo what was said to Chris Matthews or Katie Couric or whatever mindless partisan idiot who promised to make nice-nice with him.

I really, really, really hope a SBVT commercial starts up before that time featuring Kerry's meetings with the North Vietnam and Viet Cong "delegations." He'll call off any interview even with a Katie Couric-type then and evade questions at the debates.

EDIT EDITION: I hope if such a commercial is produced in the next few weeks, it ends up on MSNBC/CNBC because Kerry's Oprah moment will occur on that cartel's main network and it is relatively cheap to buy time on that outfit.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it for the second time. The transcript will be better than the live show. But all in all this is very daming for kerry. Having BOR come out so strong against us in the begining, and basically caving in now (as best his ego will let him) just makes the swiftys look better and better. Best plug yet for the book. Lots of people will be reading it. Bill said he enjoyed it very much. I give the interview a 9 out of ten stars. Only because the 180 form was not brought up.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Bill said that he was going to ask Kerry that, I never thought he was talking about asking him while he was on the show. Bill knows Kerry is not going to be on his show. It was such a casual comment, I thought Bill meant the next time he saw Kerry. It was like they were friends. I will have to watch the rerun (maybe I missed something).
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: sent feedback to o'reilly Reply with quote

I sent the following to askbill@billoreilly.com

Quote:

You called the SBVT slime peddlers without researching or reading the book.

I saw your interview with John O'Neill tonight. I heard you admit that after reading Unfit For Command and researching the claims you believe the following:

1. John Kerry had an agenda when he went to Viet Nam.
2. He embellished his record there so that he could capitalize on it at home.
3. His anti-war actions when he came home were horrible.

What I did not hear was you saying "I owe you an apology."

In my opinion, you absolutely do own these men your sincere apology.

It is also my opinion that you down played the importance of the issue. The character of a presidential canidate is something that should be carefully considered I believe. You seemed to have an attitude that said "So he embellished his record for political gain .. So he lied to congress about war crimes, no big deal, he was young."

His lies affected US policy and as a result millions of South Vietnamese suffered, many more of our soldiers died. POWs were tortured. How dare you shrug it off as youthful indescretions as if it were no more important than failing to pay parking tickets.

I used to enjoy your show. I used to respect your opinion. No more, it seems to be all about Bill these days and to hell with honest and fair. I think you were covering your ass and now your trying to straddle the fence on this issue.

Deborah Mackto
stay at home mom
New Port Richey, FL

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill was absolutely awsome! what a contrast to Kerry! Kerry - screeching ' it's a bush smear tactic!'

KathyKay has a good idea.... there's lots of us.... half of us write to bill about what he missed, his not really so good reasearch, his blow off of Kerry because he was young and foolish (and it's never ended????? ) and making light of being awarded medals.... and quoting Hackworth! (that ain't getting him any points) etc.

and half of us write to smooch him up.... to get Kerry on.... Kerry may never show up, but all we really need is Bill to keep mentioning it....
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill performed very well and some people said they sensed nervousness from him. Well I think they mis-read O'Neill. What I saw was O'Niell on the verge of saying something which has yet to be discussed. O'Neill bit his lip and went through the motions and we will see with the further ads what it was he bit his lips over. The constraints of limited time prevented O'Niell from coming out with something devastating during his BOR appearance. His objective was to show truthful resolve in the face of a skeptic which was accomplished. But he did bite his lip doing it.

Last edited by GenrXr on Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was young and foolish too, but no one, except myself, was ever disgraced or harmed by it.
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Good show IMHO Reply with quote

I can't see the reason for all the negative posts regarding the show. Mr O'Neill was able to lay out a lot of facts, and that is important for people who haven't read the book yet or visited this site. I haven't received my copy of the book yet, and ordered it over two weeks ago from Border's, but luckily this site has such a wealth of information that I have been able to form my opinions from all the detailed analyses put together in the resources section by hard working posters like NavyChief, ASPB, jrsdad, and hundreds of others. If the book is as damning as the evidence compiled on this site, just the fact the O'Reilly told people to read the book is a huge boon. I do agree, though, the BOR saying under his breath that he believed Rassman's story kind of stuck in my craw, and I wish Mr O'Neill would have been afforded the opportunity to point out there was no damage to all the other boats besides PCF3 even though they were DIW for 90 minutes salvaging the mine damaged craft and affecting rescue of it's crew. That is the fact that turned me into a true believer.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: sent feedback to o'reilly Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
I sent the following to askbill@billoreilly.com

Quote:

You called the SBVT slime peddlers without researching or reading the book.

I saw your interview with John O'Neill tonight. I heard you admit that after reading Unfit For Command and researching the claims you believe the following:

1. John Kerry had an agenda when he went to Viet Nam.
2. He embellished his record there so that he could capitalize on it at home.
3. His anti-war actions when he came home were horrible.

What I did not hear was you saying "I owe you an apology."

In my opinion, you absolutely do own these men your sincere apology.

It is also my opinion that you down played the importance of the issue. The character of a presidential canidate is something that should be carefully considered I believe. You seemed to have an attitude that said "So he embellished his record for political gain .. So he lied to congress about war crimes, no big deal, he was young."

His lies affected US policy and as a result millions of South Vietnamese suffered, many more of our soldiers died. POWs were tortured. How dare you shrug it off as youthful indescretions as if it were no more important than failing to pay parking tickets.

I used to enjoy your show. I used to respect your opinion. No more, it seems to be all about Bill these days and to hell with honest and fair. I think you were covering your a** and now your trying to straddle the fence on this issue.

Deborah Mackto
stay at home mom
New Port Richey, FL

Now this is one e-mail I'd love to hear him read on-air. Good letter.

I do so hope this all ends up with John Kerry in Leavenworth.

Dusty
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Good show IMHO Reply with quote

SteamSnipe wrote:
I can't see the reason for all the negative posts regarding the show. Mr O'Neill was able to lay out a lot of facts, and that is important for people who haven't read the book yet or visited this site. I haven't received my copy of the book yet, and ordered it over two weeks ago from Border's, but luckily this site has such a wealth of information that I have been able to form my opinions from all the detailed analyses put together in the resources section by hard working posters like NavyChief, ASPB, jrsdad, and hundreds of others. If the book is as damning as the evidence compiled on this site, just the fact the O'Reilly told people to read the book is a huge boon. I do agree, though, the BOR saying under his breath that he believed Rassman's story kind of stuck in my craw, and I wish Mr O'Neill would have been afforded the opportunity to point out there was no damage to all the other boats besides PCF3 even though they were DIW for 90 minutes salvaging the mine damaged craft and affecting rescue of it's crew. That is the fact that turned me into a true believer.

The swiftvet supporters want blood, yet the swifites are showing calculated restraint is the reason for the negative posts. Fact is swifties have truth on their side but dont want to release their load until near the end of the campaign to do the most damage. People are impatient but the swifties are the most intelligent group of people ever assembled for a political cause and it is because of their idealism. They were not only fierce defenders of freedom and our country in the 60's and 70's, they are also showing that same commitment again today based on those same principles to defeat a bad person seeking the highest office.

The Swifties are a rarity in modern day politics. People with a just cause fighting for an ideal without any personal gain.

And you can quote me on that!
Stevie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't an ALL WIN.... but who of us really expected that?

John got great points out there....

Bill even got a few good points out there.... amazing

John showed - again - the the SBVTS weren't radical screeming idiots
(like some people on the left)

Bill came a long way around from what he said and thought before to what we heard tonight.

I think it was a plus for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: