SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Checking in Reply with quote

BillyReyn wrote:
1st Btn of the 50th Infantry, assigned to the 173d Airborne Brigade. Sep 1968 to Sep 1969. Near An Khe, then near LZ English.

Welcome. I was with the 45th APU, later changed to the 173rd Airborne Bde Mail section May, 1969 - April 1970.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
pwcarter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Kerry on the Gridley Reply with quote

I served with Kerry on the GRIDLEY, prior to his joining the Swiftboats. We have some info at our web site. www.ussgridley.com

Phil Carter[/url]
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry on the Gridley Reply with quote

pwcarter wrote:
I served with Kerry on the GRIDLEY, prior to his joining the Swiftboats. We have some info at our web site. www.ussgridley.com

Phil Carter[/url]

Whoa, Phil! Some new stuff on your site since the last time I checked in there! Wink

http://home.nycap.rr.com/pwcarter/the%20kerry%20page.html

BZ's to whoever put that together.

Welcome aboard! Smile
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Vets Only Reply with quote

Just checking in. I served in Viet Nam as a sentry dog handler 71/72. I got out in 73 and joned the National Guard. I returned to active duty in 79. I spent 7 years at Ft Bragg in 18th Airborne Corps and the 82nd Airborne Div. I spent a year in Korea with the 2nd ID 87/88, 8 months in Saudi Arabia 90/91, and the 6th ID in Alaska 92/94. I retired in 1997 at the rank of CW3. I now work for the Dept of Defense in Hawaii.

Can't wait for the book!

Aloha,
Al Wood
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Check In and my Kerry Summary Reply with quote

Vietnam Vet here - Infantry - 69-70 - became radioman for platoon and later the company - Big Red 1 and after they were withdrawn from Vietnam, transferred to 25th. We spent year going on 3 to 5 day operations, being dropped into chosen hot locations and hunting for VC or NVA camps and operations, then a day or 2 in fire base camps. I hate to disappoint all the Kerry supporters out there, but no, we didn't burn villages or torture people, but we did occasionally talk to people around the villages, throw candy to the children from our convoys, etc. We had only occasional enemy contact, but our narrowest escape was our own 155 artillery harassment fire almost getting us one night because our 2nd Leutenant called in our position wrong. A private by the name of Mahan, I think, saved our lives. Does anyone know a Mahan that served in 1st Div., etc. out there?

When I heard about the SwiftVets against John Kerry, and read their stories, I said, yes, these guys are credible and they are right about John Kerry, because they match what I experienced, saw, and suspected to be the story behind John Kerry. Does it not seem a little strange to the Democratic Party that here is a man that was apparently ashamed of serving in Vietnam, received 3 Purple Hearts, at least 1 or 2 highly questionable, came home early and told unbelievable fabricated stories of torture, war crimes, etc. that supposedly was committed not only by him but by the many thousands of other soldiers, has disliked the Military since then, then 30 years later makes his military service the primary accomplishment of his career? As a Vietnam vet that experienced the jungles, rice fields, and villages in our area of operations, and that witnessed nothing like he has described of his experience in Vietnam, I can only conclude that he is at least, a very confused man, and at worst, is a total fraud. Even if he actually believes he saw what he described, he must be delusionary, but why would he then decide to make his military service the centerpiece of his candidacy? As a Bush voter, I do not believe Bush to be perfect, as we can never expect any of us to be, but I believe he is trying to do the best job possible under very difficult circumstances, and is by far the better man for the job.
rm7679
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peacetime Navy 1976 - 1979

Cold Warrior Laughing
JohnA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have the service record of so many of the distinguished veterans who have posted so far. I continue to serve in the Army Reserve and have done so since 1988. While John Kerry was making his statements before Congress I was less than a year old. My godfather had to have a stand-in at my baptism because he was serving in Vietnam.

The Army recruited me for one reason, because I'm a musician. I would like to think that I have encouraged great public support for the military and the brave men and women who served in Saudi, Iraq and Afghanistan through my service.

John A.
Noghri
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! The word has gotten out big time! I didn't expect this many vets would pop up here.

Oh side note: I'm still with the reserves and trying to go active duty, after I get a bit of school in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
luvbach1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to JohnA

If you were in a US Army band rest assured that IMHO you did your part through your service. You were great for Army morale and for fostering patriotism and support among civilians who heard you. The public loves military bands. And that parade ground would have been very lonely for the retiring generals and colonels without you. I never minded marching for retirement ceremonies at the Presidio of San Francisco so long as we could march to Sousa and a great Army band.
RStauch
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reporting For Duty, Sir! Reply with quote

Just checking in.

My name is Richard Stauch. I joined the US Navy in 1973, going to boot camp at San Diego.

I reported aboard my first duty station at Alameda (CA), USS Oriskany. I transferred at Beach Detachment Subic Bay (RP) to the USS Ranger.

Because of some college, I was allowed to enter the service as an E2. I worked the flight deck (all flys), and talked the sound-powered phones at all stations.

The closest I ever got to Viet Nam was when our last personnel were evacuating Siagon. I wonder if anyone else here remembers that?

Peace, as always,
RStauch
Markedman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reporting In Reply with quote

GMG2, 0876, 5 Inch 54's
7th Fleet, Active 1976 - 1981

USS Knox , FF-1052, Desron 15, Pier 6 Pub, Yokosuka, JN
USS Henry B. Wilson, DDG-7, Desron 13, Tin Can Alley, San Diego

You folks got a lot of balls! Then again I guess that came with a lot of the territory you've been through. Its not often you see people stand up like you guys have, and weathering the ensuing sh^t storms that have followed.

God luck and BZ!

Scotty
OS1DONHEF
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

New poster here, tour of duty as follows:

Sept 1981 RTC Great Lakes
Dec 1981 OS "A" School, Dam Neck Va Beach, VA.
Mar 1982-1984 OI Div USS Blakely FF-1072, Charleston SC.
1984-1986 OI Div USS R. K. Turner CG-20, Charleston SC.
1986-1987 NSGA Charleston
1987-1989 ACU-4, Navigator LCAC-11 (Key Crew)
1989-1991 OI Division USS Moinester FF-1097, Norfolk VA
1992-1994 OI Division USS O. H. Perry FFG-7 (USNR Crew)
1994-1996 NCSO 304 LANT (Philadelphia NS)
1996-2003 NCAPS Det C (FT Dix NJ)
Feb 2003 Retired

I would just like to also add my support to the many Vets here whom are speaking out in order to bring the correct information to light concerning a Candidate for the next CinC. The last time that I voted was for Ronald Reagan, but just hearing what Mr. Kerry is trying to claim has gotten me to the point that I have re-registered to vote in this years election. I can't believe that this guy is trying to win votes in this manner...but then again, Politicians................ Rolling Eyes
FlyLow
Seaman Apprentice

Location: Texas...where many of us are NOT rich Republicans...but many of us are CONSERVATIVES!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reporting In Reply with quote

Army Combat Helicopter Pilot 1968-'69 Bien Hoa RVN, 19th AHC part of the 145th CAB, part of 12th Army Group.

Proud to be here and hoping to make certain Hanoi John Kerry and John Edwards DO NOT get elected.

I am in complete support of the mission the SwiftVets have undertaken.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard! HOOOO-AH! & Semper Fi! to our latest enlistees.

BTW...any other service related greetings out there? Smile
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reporting back in. John "Doc" Boyle, medic with the Army Combat Engineers for 14+ months in I Corps and II Corps. See our unit website at http://home.earthlink.net/~engr19/ and find me under "Membership." I have all relevant personnel documents digitized and sanitized in my computer if anyone wants to challenge my bona fides. I also have 25 loose leaf binders of official documents on my tour and unit, thousands of photos and a pile of original source stuff on Sen. Kerry. I am honored to be among the SwiftVets who continue to serve their country today, opposing the same enemy we all likewise faced thirty years ago, and who courageously continue to face the same hostile fire we did then . . . only this time they, and we, are not alone and will not be silenced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 17 of 47

Jump to: