SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A CALL TO PRAYER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8:50 PM every night
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Eastern Orthodox follow a slightly different path to the Same Place. Yesterday I lit candles in my church, candles for electoral victory, and for NavyChief in his time of struggle.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Zac's Mom
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is my special Election Day Prayer
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE the page. In the name of our Savior the Lord Jesus Christ I will offer up thanks to God already for a Bush victory tomorrow.

AMEN
helpmycountry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: On My hands and knees Reply with quote

I KNOW I WILL BE ON MY HANDS AND KNEES IN ASHES IF NECCESARY OH LORD HEAR OUR PLEA AND DO NOT PUT US UNDER THE WORSE MAN IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES TO RUN FOR OFFICE
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Amen ve Amen Reply with quote

SCHMA ISRAEL, ADONAI ELUEINU, ADONAI ECHAD
Baruch shem kavod l'olam voed
Baruch hu b' shamaiim u b'aretz
Baruch hu b'lecha u b'voah, b'veitecha, u b'avodatcha
HELLELUJA

Amen

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart is bowed down before You my precious Jesus as I stand boldly before Your throne in our nations time of need, standing with my brothers and sisters here in the gap linked together by You agreeing for this victory. OPEN WIDE THE GATES AMERICA THAT THE KING OF GLORY MIGHT COME IN, THE LORD STRONG AND MIGHTY IN BATTLE.

AMEN
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I started this thread a few weeks ago little did I know it would keep hanging around this long. I just want to thank every American on this board with Godly beliefs and strong faith. We must work hard tomorrow for victory--calling our friends, don't accept excuses for getting to the polls. But, the biggest thing we can do is to ask God for forgiveness and get down on our knees and pray for our Christian brother. God indeed knows every man's heart. I am no man's judge but if the other man wants to talk about bearing fruit then I would say he is using religion for his personal gain. I pray that God does not honor that! I pray that God honors his faithful and humble servant George Bush, and I pray that my brothers and sisters on this board pray this with me. America is more than a piece of land, it is an ideal, it is a dream, and it always has been, since the first people came here searching in vain for religious freedom. We must protect her..in Jesus name, amen
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psalm 108

Theme: Victory in God's strength. With God's help, we can do more than we think.
Author: David

My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre? I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens and let you glory be over all the earth.

Save us and help us with your right hand, that those you love may be delivered.
God has spoken from his sanctuary: "In triumph I will parcel out Shechem and measure off the Vally of Succoth. Gilead is mine, Manasseh is mine; Ephraim is my helmet, Judah my scepter. Moab is my washbasin upon Edom I toss my sandal; over Philistia I shout in triumph."

Who will bring me to the fortified city? Who will lead me to Edom?
Is it not you, O God, you who have rejected us and no longer go out with our armies?
Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless.
With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

Remember to acknowledge that we must have God's help in order to be victorious.
Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, O lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. O Lord, you are our God: do not let man prevail against you." --2 Chronicles 14:11

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. --2 Corinthians 12:9

Lord, we release all to You, knowing that Your grace is sufficient, that You alone are powerful. Lord, speak to Your people tomorrow in the voting booth. Whisper in that still small voice the words You want them to hear. Lay it upon their hearts to vote for the upright man; the man that has led us for the past 4 years, the man who is a man after Your own heart. Be with President Bush through this and lead him to victory. We humbly ask this in Your Son's name. AMEN
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lord for the court decision in Ohio and now open the mind and heart of the court in South Dakota to see the truth and rule on the side of truth.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry that I was not here on time tonight, family drama, but all is well now, Praise GOD! I was here in thought and prayer..

My friends..in less than 60 minutes, it will be election day. I have a soaring spirit now..I am at peace and confident. I will keep the prayers up the rest of the night..I do not plan to sleep, frankly, I can not sleep..but not out of anxiousness, out of joy. What a blessing all of you have been to my life. I thank Buffman for opening this great thread, and all of you for becoming such an inspiration, and motivation to me..

Our God is an awesome God..and tomorrow we shall find out just how awesome He is..May God be with all of you, I will see you at the victory party..right here in praise and thanksgiving..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered;
let them that hate him flee before him.
As smoke is driven away, so drive them away:
as wax melteth before the fire,
so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
Psalm 68:1,2

Have mercy upon me, O God,
according to thy lovingkindness:
according to the mutlitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Psalm 51:1
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, during P.T. (physical training) I ran an extra mile for the President, and I also prayed as I ran.

Tomorrow I will find the sanctuary of the chapel on base, go to my knees and pray again for the President and our country.

I'm a churchgoer, but I am not a Biblical scholar. I will say my prayers and pray to the Lord for strength and a just outcome, and I will thank him for all of our wonderful blessings.

reconflyer
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to Stephen Baldwin on MSNBC tonight is really good.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord hear my prayer, open the hearts and minds of those those who are undecided and those who oppose George W. Bush, open their hearts and minds and inspire them to vote for and re-elect your faithful servant, George W. Bush President of the United States. We are in great need Lord of his strength, leadership, courage and faith in our battle against those who worship Satan as god and would plunge the world into darkness. Lord I trust in thee. Amen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: