SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops.
I 'joined' last week, and forgot to "check in"

I'm Jim Bacon
U.S. Navy, 1968-1972
Plane Captain/AQF2 (now an obsolete rate, they're all AT's)
VF-24, F-8J Crusader (out of Miramar, now property USMC)
(VF-24 was absorbed by VF-211)
U.S.S. Hancock CVA-19 (also doesn't float, any more)
actually had asphalt covering a WOODEN DECK!
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in the U.S. Air Force from 12/66 to 12/70. I was an ECM/EWS technician and spent 6 months in Korea/Japan during the Pueblo incident. Then was stationed at Takhli Air Base Thailand for 12 months from 03/69 to 04/70. I remember what JFnK did to destroy our military and want to help out in getting the truth out to those who don't remember or don't know the truth.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rate was RD2. My first duty station was the Coastal Surveillance Center, Qui Nhon (1/69-3/69). Transferred to Coastal Serveillance Center, Vung Tau (end of 3/69) and left country 12/71. While at CSC Vung Tau, I occasionally went out with the PCF crews at Costal Division 13, Cat Lo when they were short handed or had someone out on leave. CSC Vung Tau and CosDiv 13 had the same commander and frequently had personnel shift assignments for various administrative reasons.

I'm glad to be back among friends and I hope Bush gets another 4 year term.
tturfman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in Vietnam in 1971 with the 25th ARNV in Cu Chi and Tay Nihn West. Also spent time with the 2nd Armored Division at Fort Hood ... My dad served in WW II (his troop ship, Empire Javelin, was sunk by a U-boat in the English channel) and Korea. An uncle was killed in North Africa when his B-24 crash landed. Of my three brothers, one was a 20-year Air Force guy; one spent 20 in the Army; and the other had a 3-year tour.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel obliged to thank the men (and apparently a few good women, too!) who are keeping this issue at the fore.

Thanks for the welcome.

I was in the USMC from March 69 to July 72. My luck was my MOS was technical, and the Marine Corps thought I was more valuable in Okinawa than in Vietnam. I wasn't going to argue with them. Did my WestPac time with RRRC Co, 7th Comm Bn, 3rd MarDiv, FMFPAC as a 2831 tech at Camp Schwab and later Hansen.

After the war was over, I went into the Army as a 31S30, and later as a 31L30, then 26L. That was from 75 to 79, mostly in the 97th Sig Bn, SHAPE, NATO, at Coleman Kaserne near Heidelberg. In 79, I did a brief "Try One" with the ARNG (Arkansas). Didn't like my incoming new boss (Gov-Elect Clinton), so I opted out, moved to California and worked as a defense contractor for the US Navy (SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, and other underwater Navy stuff and some OP-12 manpower gigs) until 1992, when I retired (I didn't like my incoming new boss, President-Elect Clinton)

While I'm not a combat vet, I've got a few years experience wearing several uniforms, and more than 4 years overseas supporting the guys on the "pointy end of the stick". And it appears I'm still doing just that (from CONUS this time, however). To you guys (and gals) currently on the pointy end, you've got MY support!

Semper Fi
-- cipher
Hal Mettes
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vets Only! Report for Duty Here! Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
Welcome to our "Veterans Only" Forum.

As a courtesy to your fellow vets, please "check-in" with a brief description of your military background.

Welcome Aboard! and Thanks For Your Service!

Hal Mettes RA 19880516
8/2/66 to 6/2/69
Honorable Discharge SP5
Ft Polk basic/Ft Sam Houston Med Tech/Ft Ord Army Hospital/Landstul Germany 8th Evacuation Hospital/Ft Ord Army Hospital/early out for school-served 2 years 10 months.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, welcome aboard! We're very happy to have you! Very Happy

:::lifting cups of grog all around!:::::
Hal Mettes
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Vets Only! Report for Duty Here! Reply with quote

Hal Mettes wrote:
administrator wrote:
Welcome to our "Veterans Only" Forum.

As a courtesy to your fellow vets, please "check-in" with a brief description of your military background.

Welcome Aboard! and Thanks For Your Service!

Hal Mettes RA 19880516
8/2/66 to 6/2/69
Honorable Discharge SP5
Ft Polk basic/Ft Sam Houston Med Tech/Ft Ord Army Hospital/Landstul Germany 8th Evacuation Hospital/Ft Ord Army Hospital/early out for school-served 2 years 10 months.

I am SO glad the swiftvets have spoken up. Lets defeat Kerry--possibly a bigger "liar at will" than Clinton, and give President Bush a mandate the left and media cannot ignor--to continue doing what is right. I can tell you that the Afghan people thank President Bush and our armed forces for liberating them from the Taliban. (From dozens of personal interviews I have had.) In 10 years Afghanistan will be one of our strongest allies in the region, if we continue to support them so they can get back on their feet. There is a lot of oil & gas in the Northern sectors--it is too bad that American drillers are too scared to go there due to the trashing the news media keeps giving them. The Afghans were occupied by the soviets, but they were NOT sovietized ie they still have a work ethic. I would attach a photo of General Dostom, but don't know how to do that.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: This VietNam Vet Against Kerry !!! Reply with quote

As a former U.S. Marine, 65-68, that served in the Chu Lai and Da Nang regions for 14 months.. I wanted to log in and give my support to everyone here.
My father served in WW II
My Uncle an Air Force pilot still MIA/POW from Korea
It sickened me to watch Kerry on the stage (along with he rest of his show (act)) at the convention.. knowing deep down inside that he is a dirty lying bastard that wouldn't support a vet if his life depended on it, unless it would bring him more political gain.
I have seen most of the interviews on FOX News and will buy the book.. Keep up the good work and keep up the pressure. Semper Fi !

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
mine detector
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMC vet, and now a police officer. From the looks of it I appear to be one of the youngest vets to post on here. I just wanted to show my support for what you are doing. I believe John Kerry will destroy this country.
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Iraq Vet Thanks you all Reply with quote

I am a Marine Major who joined the reserves a month after 9/11 who had the privilege of leading a 4 man ANGLICO team calling in air strikes and arty in the combat of Iraq, and then as an interim "mayor" of an Iraqi town of Talha. As a young Lieutenant I was also privileged to lead a platoon in Mogadishu, Somalia. I have witnessed many types of courage, and you folks define moral courage. Just by fighting to expose kerry's lies and betrayal, you have already vindicated the valor and sacrifices of those you served with. I cannot express enough, my Thanks to ALL of you! (although I just gave $100 and more is on the way) By the way, I am not a Republican so this money is from an Independent. I have studied kerry and winter-soldier since high school and believe we have been given a chance to FINALLY right the greatest wrong ever done to this nation and her military by an officer, who like all of you, bravely volunteered for combat. He then betrayed everyone that ever wore the uniform, even those he falsely claimed to be saving. He has already lost. Your Victory here will actually bring honor to those on both sides of this fight. Semper Fidelis.

- OCS-'89, TBS Quantico,'92, - Assault Amphibian School Del Mar, '93
- 3rd Assault Amphibian Bn. Echo /2nd Platoon Cmdr, '93-'95
- Combat Assault Battalion, Okinawa, SPMAGTF USS Belleau Wood, Guam, Tinian, '94
- 13th MEU SOC- Kilo 3/7 Mogadishu Somalia, '95
- 3rd AAV Bn. S-3A, '95 - Amphibious Vehicle Test Branch, Ops O '96-'98
- Marine Forces Pacific, Hawaii, Korea '99
- 3rd ANGLICO (Air Naval Gunfire Liason Company) '01
- Forward Air Controller Royal Thai Marines, British Royal Marine Commandos '02
- Iraqi Freedom- Firepower Control Team Leader '03

Last edited by HardCorps on Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
mine detector
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should add when and where I served.

-Basic Training Parris Island SC Oct 95-Dec 95
-MCT Camp Geiger NC Jan 96-Feb 96
-Basic Combat Engineer School Courthouse bay Camp Lejeune NC Feb96-May 96
-1st CAB 1st CEC 3rd Mar Div Camp Hansen Ok May96-July 97
31st Meu USS New Orleans Dec 96-March 97(Operation Tandem Thrust Aus.)
-2nd CEB 3rd Mar Div Aug 97-Oct 99
22nd Meu June 98- Dec 98(Med Float) Reinforced U.S. Embassy Albania.
SgtSpencer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Just checking in Reply with quote

Hi,
New to the site and I wanted to introduce myself to all. I am Sgt Mike Spencer, USMC. Still active duty and a combat vet of Kosovo and Iraq. I've been getting email updates for about a week now from this site. Of course I've been getting all the responses from the hate groups as well. I just want to commend everyone on this site for their past service. I truly belive that my Blues look good because of those who before me created the reputation and pride that I now uphold. I also commend you on your stand on this website. Continue the fight and getting the truth out there.
GiantBryan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Who's next on my check in sheet Reply with quote

Bryan
Vic
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reporting for duty! Reply with quote

Name is Vic Alasio

US Navy, 1961 - 1965. Spent most of my time on Fleet Oilers in WestPac. Was in the Gulf of Tonkin on August 4-5, 1964 having just refueled the USS Turner Joy and the USS Maddox. We were about 10 miles away during the attacks that never happened.

Keep up the great work you are doing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 19 of 47

Jump to: