SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OHIO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up 161,156, now.

Provisional, schmovisional! Very Happy
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Cool
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind at your back, Go Bush Go...
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelnoel wrote:
My bet is on Blackwell. He appears to be a no nonsense person. Betting the Ohio votes are properly counted. Further bet that GW Bush/GOP lets the Kerry/Dem group pay for the recount.

I'm hoping Edwards is just blowing hot air.

But if they do go in there seeking to cause trouble, it won't be over the provisional ballots. That kicks in with a small margin of victory. So, this is already stretched out over two weeks. THAT IS NOT GOOD! Say the margin grows to 150K. It's 98% counted and almost 140K now. No one seems to know how many of the damned provisional ballots there are. So this kicks in.

And they will be looking to create phony controversies. They'll try to get the dead to vote, essentially. They want to stuff the ballot box. They want to steal the election, in the way Gore attempted in FL. But here you have a margin of victory of 120,000+. This isn't FL, and 500 votes, or whatever it was. They have to invent votes, or disqualify those in Republican counties. That's what they'll aim to do.

So, yeah, I'm hoping it was just talk from Edwards - nothing but big talk. But that's not the Dem's history.

Last edited by sevry on Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bet those challenges wil not work. Have you listened to Blackwell the last few weeks? He appears to be a no nonsense person.

I spoke with a retired OH judge who confirmed when I mentioned my theory a few weeks ago.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

By winning the popular vote and the electoral college...it would be hard for them to pull this off,,with Bush up by 160.000 in Ohio and winning, Nevada,
New Mexico and Iowa..
dcornutt
PO3

Ed Kennedy went to Kerry's house to debate how far they should persue this. There is no way to tell how those provisonal ballots will break. Plus on top of that, you've got the absentee military overseas ballots (and you know what that means)

It's going to depend what the final count looks like. If it stays above 100-120k at the end, they'll likely concede. That's the argument. Kennedy and others are concerned for the dem party as a whole. They obviously took a good whupin tonight. (house, senate AND WH). Not to mention the popular vote of 3 mil. They are worried about more damage to the party.

That's being argued with of course...within the party, some who are willing to risk everything to go down with the ship in the eyes of america, having lost the pop vote AND Bush having a 100k or more lead at the end of the voting...just how wise would it be to then go after a questionable return on the provisional, hang this up for weeks with a bitter legal fight?

That's also not good for our country. (ie..trying to then, go back to the house and senate where the dems just lost their behinds..and have to "work" with people). My guess is, as long as the numbers for Bush lead in Ohio stay up above 100k or so, we are likely to see Kerry concede tomorrow. If he doesn't, Bush is going to "claim" Ohio, and then put all the burden on Kerry to be the "bad guy" in this..to take the presidency from him in court, when Bush won not only the popular vote, but the vote in OH. It will just risk "MORE" damage to the democratic party and I doubt Kennedy, etc..will let that happen.

I think they got the message today...they need to go back to the drawing board with their party/platform.
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers and toes crossed ...
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to be ignoring the obvious and some liberal media playing along with their game plan in Ohio to try to do some kind of contesting the outcome. But well over 100,000 votes seems like they've had it.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcornutt wrote:

It's going to depend what the final count looks like. If it stays above 100-120k at the end, they'll likely concede.

I got the sense from that brief Edwards screed that HE is all for trying to recreate Gore's attempted theft in FL.

I hope they think better of it. They'd try different tactics. They'd have to somehow disqualify a lot of Rep votes, maybe a number of absentees, I don't know. But we'll see.

I hope Edwards was just full of it, tonight. But if the lawyers are already on the ground, who's to say?
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for LAUGHS.........has anyone checked the BRIT & EUROPEAN MSM?

This should be SOOOOOOO ENTERTAINING Laughing Razz Laughing Razz

Last edited by 2ndamendsis on Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcornutt --- Good thoughts. Remember Florida in 2000? Gore made the collosal mistake by asking for recount in ONLY 4 counties. Then he demanded Florida not count absentee ballots that arrived late ... of course, those were Military ballots. The Democrats have sunk their own ship ... with no help from the Swiftees.
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ndamendis Where did you find Euro interest? THEY must be hysterical! Save the UK, of course. Don't intend to slight the others that have been coerced or bribed allies...
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per ABC: KNOX COUNTY OHIO IS STILL VOTING....Closed polls at 7:30...its 3.18 now (almost 8 HOURS LATER...Now that has to be a record!)---By the way its Bush Country 65.4 to Kerry: 34.1...Now that is some Republican Determination or rather dismay for Kerry determination!!!

Bush is up by 139,000 now....I want one more thousand!!!

Last edited by ord33 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:23 am; edited 2 times in total
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per ABC: KNOX COUNTY OHIO IS STILL VOTING....Closed polls at 7:30...its 3.18 now (almost 8 HOURS LATER...Now that has to be a record!)

is this good?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 19 of 23

Jump to: