SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My kid just brought home a project from school
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beginning in the 60s, the public schools have been increasingly permeated by liberal politicians and arm-chair psychologists. They make policy at the state level, they administer it at the county level, and they are teaching our children. My eyes were first opened to this when Jim Hunt ran for governor of NC. His proposals for education 'reform' read like the Communist manifesto! I fought this the whole time my kids were in school and one of the happiest days of my life was the day our last child was out of public school.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
Beginning in the 60s, the public schools have been increasingly permeated by liberal politicians and arm-chair psychologists.

That's because one way for the hippy-draft dogers to avoid being drafted was to go into "teaching". They have almost destroyed an honorable profession.... but don't give up hope.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet wrote:
Wynne wrote:
Beginning in the 60s, the public schools have been increasingly permeated by liberal politicians and arm-chair psychologists.

That's because one way for the hippy-draft dogers to avoid being drafted was to go into "teaching". They have almost destroyed an honorable profession.... but don't give up hope.

Kinda like Bill O'Reilly methinks!
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that your first instinct is to tell that teacher off, but that may not be the best approach. The Left has no rathional thought and when they feel they are being attacked, they will lash out with no regard to what is right or just. They are only concerned with their cuase which is to put a Democrat in the Presidency and nothing else.

I had a friend who would constantly start in on President Bush and the Iraq War. I say had because he is not any longer. Whenever he would bring up Politics, I would just ignore him. The problem was that even when I ignored him, he would keep on going. He just would not stop. Finally, I just stopped taking his calls and eventually he got the picture.

These people are not rational and have been somewhat brainwashed into a Hatred that only they understand. After this friend problem was resolved, I read a book by Dale Carnegie called "How to Win Friends and Influence People." If I had read this book before, I might have been able to salvage whatever friendship was left and even build a stronger one. I also realized that President Bush uses similar methods that Dale Carnegie wrote about. Mainly, he will win this election with kindness. Notice how Bush praised John Kerry's Vietnam service. He gave the same type of praise to that woman Anne Richards back in Texas. It worked then, and it will work again.

Dale Carnegie
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment

A leader's job often includes changing your people's attitudes and behavior. Some suggestions to accomplish this:

1. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
    2. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
    3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
    4. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
    5. Let the other person save face.
    6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
    7. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."
    8. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
    9. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
    10.Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.

I hope this helps others deal with the Liberal Lefties and maybe even Liberal instructors.

Thanks,

SBD
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry flunked leadership....

think I'll email this and part of above post to Brit Hume....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Dale Carnegie
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment

A leader's job often includes changing your people's attitudes and behavior. Some suggestions to accomplish this:

1. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
    2. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
    3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
    4. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
    5. Let the other person save face.
    6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
    7. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."
    8. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
    9. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
    10.Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.

I hope this helps others deal with the Liberal Lefties and maybe even Liberal instructors.
SBD

Or you could save some time and just use the method one my old DI's did:

1. Yell "You're f***ing up my Army!"
2. There is no step2 Shocked
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Or you could save some time and just use the method one my old DI's did:

1. Yell "You're f***ing up my Army!"
2. There is no step2 Shocked

Now that's funny Wink

After being in a fight with the local school I think the best advice that was given is take it to the school board. I fought these people for 4 years before I had enough and just started home schooling.
sdmoel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to hear how this turns out. Give them hell!
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you will all be happy to know that I talked to the teacher, he actually returned my call. I am proud to report mission accomplished!!! What happened is a moonbat liberal teacher put a pile of those in every class's box with a note that it would be good for families to discuss it with their kid's. My son's teacher was angry, at the moonbat and himself. She caught him during his grading process and he just passed them out and didn't read it, why would he have to worry about an assignment, they do that all the time. We had a good 1 hour talk and I enlightened him on several things. He has learned a valuable lesson, read and approve everything. Now to the meat and potatoes of this, he is a retired Airforce Officer that served from 1970-1990 and a Republican to boot. Now you can see why he is so angry. I answered all of the talking points for him and he thanked me for that. He also thanked me for giving him ammo to combat his liberal counter parts. I turned him onto this web site for more ammo as well, and wintersoldiers.com. Simply he was duped but it did accomplish one thing, I am sure that this is getting talked about at the school. I think he will address it much higher. He said that he will be going to scholastic.com and addressing it also. Now that is a good teacher. I was ready for a fight and I'll be damned if I didn't find allies in our education department. Semper Fi.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now to the meat and potatoes of this, he is a retired Airforce Officer that served from 1970-1990 and a Republican to boot.

So there is hope for our school system I guess. Nice! We need to try and get more people into the education system that made history instead of reading about it out of a book. I bet this is one teacher that will read those handouts from now on, instead of blindly passing them out to the class. That's progress. Good job, Marine4life.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Well you will all be happy to know that I talked to the teacher, he actually returned my call. I am proud to report mission accomplished!!!

It's always best when a problem can be solved at the lowest possible level. You did exactly the correct thing.

Very glad it worked out for you and your son.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just worked out, he is ripping the liberals a new one. Just gald he was on our side so I didn't have to invoke the rules of engagment. He really did feel bad, but I didn't rip him I taught him so he is now an ally for us. One small step for mankind. I can sympathize with getting duped by the left, you just don't expect to be blindsided by your own. Kind of reminds you of Kerry. Semper Fi.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I taught him so he is now an ally for us.

Winning hearts and minds. When it works, it's a beautiful thing. Very Happy
Good job, brother.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, Marine4life. You probably have done more than you realize. You've opened his eyes to some dirty tactics and you've exposed the person commiting them. He really does have ammo to use when he pushes this issue. You've also let him know that at least one parent is watching what his kid is being subjected to and that you're willing to act when you find problems.
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
army72 wrote:
But I know many people that use these false statements to bolster their positions and to make their own arguments. Those people will never let the truth get in the way of their hatred. Part of the problem is that many are teachers and pass this bias to our children.

and that's their plan.... it started when ? back in the sixties? and little by little, as that group of kids grew up and became parents... with a little less strength in values to pass on... they added a little more propaganda... and of course, took prayer out of school.... that helped them a lot... then those kids grew up ... with more propaganda in their brains and a little less in the values area... and more smut etc and propaganda on tv.... etc, etc, etc.... and here we are .... a bunch of these kids' kids are grown up and teaching a new crop or in office somewhere making bad laws etc aand lying to the Ameican people.... about half of which don't have any COMMON SENSE ! a degree isn't much good without common sense.

How so sadly true...especially the last part! I'll take COMMON SENSE over a college degree any day. The late-40's liberal couple next door are both very well educated, she with Master's Degree and he with a PhD. She doesn't have the common sense to quit planting flowers which the deer immediately devour (which she then rants about of course) and he doesn't have the common sense to know that to jump start his car the hood of his car has to open (a minor but 3 months prior accident had jammed the hood closed). Duh! The mid-40's liberal woman across the street got a BS & a BA degree while living with her parents and once told me that until she moved out of her parents home she didn't know that credit card charges had to be paid off...honest injun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: