SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Vet Protest Against Kerry / Post-rally Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: DC Rally Reply with quote

Do we need a DC/Capitol Police permit for this rally? If so, being taken care of?
Are we planning for a counter-demonstration by Kerry thugs?
Signs ok? Like "He has NO Kerryter"?
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a vet, but I have a vested interest:

I'd like to suggest a sign:

Just One More 180 Senator:
SIGN THE FORM!

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add another sign, MR. KERRY, RELEASE YOUR MILITARY RECORDS.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I said that.

Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheeeee.... you two were posting at the same time. Very Happy

Great Minds Think Alike!

HEY KERRY!
LET'S SEE ANOTHER 180!
A DD FORM 180

NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob and others

Try finding a motel outside of DC, In VA and TAKE THE METRO into DC.
You'll Save BIG!!!! One Place we stayed at (DAys INN, I think it was ) Served a COMPLETE complimetary breakfast (eggs, bacon, the works), this was back in '94 though.
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: DC Rally Reply with quote

For those of you who may want a customized ballcap (or shirt, etc.) for the DC rally, I recommend Military Direct Sales, 1-866-394-3780. It can deliver about ten days after order and put just about anything you want on caps of various colors. It normally offers only the standard 3-ribbon set (VSM, VCM & NDM) but to support this event can customize three-ribbon sets with devices. Approx. cost $30.00. Credit cards fine. Mr. Green
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VetsSon wrote:
Thanks again. My father has always been proud of his service. To him, it was just another tour of duty. He had 20+ years of service after that, finishing his career with service in Desert Storm, where soldiers were welcomed home with the gratitude they deserved. In the 60's-70's the hippies went unchallenged, but I am making a point to not let that happen again. I am with the group Protest Warriors (www.protestwarrior.com) and we challenge the new generation of hippy-appeasers wherever they surface. The shock on their face when they see that their monopoly is broken is priceless. No more silent majority.

The "silent majority" is populated by deceased veterans who gave the full measure while kerry was pontificating his anti Viet Nam rhetoric on the Washington Mall.
HLyn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a copy of the book, "Unfit for Command" yet?

I can't thank all of America's vet enough for doing difficult and necessary deeds. I'm sorry that any of you had to go through the hardships of war. I appreciate you putting your lives on the line for my future and the future of my children. Thanks so much!!!

When Kerry "confessed" to all of those atrocities - why didn't he just say HE did them? Did anyone notice that? He had to blame others first to make what he says he did - NORMAL & ACCEPTABLE! He's a SIDE - LER! A leader takes responsibility alone for his or her OWN actions. If this man can't take responsibility alone for his actions - there is no way he can run a country. Does anyone know if his wife is running for VP- she has SO much to say! Razz Sorry if I screwed this up - first timer!
CaVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: DC Rally Reply with quote

I would really love to attend that rally, and if I were within a reasonable driving distance, I would. But I'm here in California, and with a number of other obligations, it is extremely difficult. I do hope thousands of others will make it, though, although I'm wondering about the media coverage of an event that will show what I believe is the majority opionion of John-John.

When John Kerry did his grandstanding before the Senate committee in 1971, I was disgusted, and could tell that one day this creep would be running for president. It was written all over him. But aside from his personal ambitions, what really disgusted me was his willingness to smear the service of thousands of veterans who honorably served, including me. This turkey was only there for 4 months (I've never heard of anyone serving ONLY 4 months). I was there for more than 2 years and did not see or hear of the atrocities he accused us of committing. It occurred to me at the time that the folks in Hanoi must have got a big kick out of John-John's efforts on their behalf.

I would have more respect for the man if he were to come forward and apologize to those who served and were smeared. But that won't happen, and he's had 33 years to make things right.

But I believe the people at the rally will attempt to make things right, even though the media coverage will probably be minimal. I just want them to know that I would like to be there, and if I can't be there in person, I'll be there in spirit.

Exclamation

RVN: 1968-1970
US Army Retired
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Lodging Reply with quote

Okay. I'm flying in from Anchorage to Dulles International on 9/10. Can some one recommend an area I can find a hotel within close (walking distance) to the subway are whatever they call it in DC?

Remember walking distance now is not what it was 38 years ago! Sad
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How well attended are we predicting this will be? And will the news medias cover it??
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Some useful info: Reply with quote

The Metro system is DC is clean, easy, safe and convenient. Click here for a map: http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

For accommodations in the D.C. metro area, go here: http://www.hotels.com or here: http://www.washington.org

Also, Union Station is literally across the street from the West side of the Capital (site of demonstration), so you can take Amtrak, and if you drive, the station has a large, stacked public parking garage, the cheapest in town. It's open 24 hrs. I parked there all day for practically nothing.

Also, for cheap fares and hotels, check out Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia. Consider hotel rates in decent areas of the district under $200 pretty good. Smart choice: stay in Virginia suburb hotels and take the Metro.

I love the idea of a dress code. This will make a nice statement and will present tv news producers with this irresistable dissolve: archival footage of rag tag ruffians at the barricades, throwing their medals....then the picture changes...to proud, respectful citizens honoring those who earned their medals, and didn't come home.

The media, our fourth estate...there will come a day when a few of them, a certain few more honest among them, will hang their heads in shame.

Last edited by Dabba55 on Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
hopeful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on being in Washington for this protest. My son is a student at American University and we are going to organize a contingent from the school.

JN173 There is a Holiday Inn and an Emabassy Suites on Wisconsin Ave. in Friendship Heights. We use the Holiday Inn (1 block outside the District NW). They give AARP and Discount Book Discounts. The Embassy Suites is much nicer but pricier. Both are only a very short walk from the Friendship Heights Metro Station (no more than 2 short blocks). If you look at the map posted above Friendship Heights its on the Red line in the upper left side of the map. You take that 7 stops to the Metro Center stop and change to the Blue Line 5 stops to Capital South. Voila! Rats!! that was French (my apologies) I take it back. There ya go! The trip should take about 15 to 20 mins. depending on connections. The Metro is the way to go in D. C.

I wouldn't book in Georgetown, no convenient Metro Stations in easy distance.

If you need any other info give a shout.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to be there. In fact, it hurts how bad I want to be there. But, alas, I've got a reunion of Vietnam Dog Handlers Association coming up the middle of October, and I can't afford to go to Washington, D.C. and to the reunion in AZ. So, I have to pick one, and although this rally in Washington D.C. is important to me, I must choose AZ.

I'm heartbroken over this, but I sincerely hope we have a great showing in DC.

War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: