SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry was the Boston Strangler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Something just dawned on me re: this comment. If none of the 5 guys listed in my original comment know anything about terrorism, why did Bush hire them? If this admin is hiring people who don't know what they are doing, isn't that a terrible indictment of incompatence?

Then this question must be answered.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy wrote:
I'm just a sailor that served in Kerry's outfit and was severly wounded by an RPG in Aug. 1969. The Navy put me out on disability on Dec. 30, 1969. I thought I was trying to keep the Vietnamese people from being subjugated to the communist invasion from the country of North Vietnam. I truly believe that Mr. Kerry's actions before the American people and the rest of the world in 1971 was a large nail in the coffin of the people of South Vietnam. Instead of running around protesting the actions of his fellow servicemen he could have been visiting wounded sailors in Bethesda Naval Hospital. It wasn't that far(a few miles) from the center of his activities in downtown Washington, D.C.

Welcome home, brother.

Semper Fi
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Welcome home Reply with quote

Buddy:

Ditto what carpro said: Welcome home! There are 25 million vets in this country; Kerry's in big trouble when they hear the truth. Have you seen his insult to Marines in the topic "Calling on all Marines"? BTW, if the Kerry hacks bother you too much - I haven't found a Vietnam vet amongst them yet - go to the Vets Only forum; it's just getting started. Semper Fi!
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Quote:
The only real terrorism experts in the Bush administration (or in the Clinton administration) are people like General Schoomaker, those who have not only studied terrorism, but have been on the ground fighting it, long before 9/11. Richard Clarke isn't one of those

Something just dawned on me re: this comment. If none of the 5 guys listed in my original comment know anything about terrorism, why did Bush hire them? If this admin is hiring people who don't know what they are doing, isn't that a terrible indictment of incompatence?

Is it? Except for Clarke, how many of them have as their primary duty to fight terrorism?

And in Clarke's case, what was his primary duty? To gather intelligence about terrorists and recommend action, wasn't it? Did he make the decision on what action to actually take? No. Others did that, with the advice of those who are the real experts, those that have fought terrorism.

Note that it wasn't Franks who came up with the plan on how to win in Afghanistan against the Taliban. It was Schoomaker and Tenet.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And in Clarke's case, what was his primary duty? To gather intelligence about terrorists and recommend action, wasn't it? Did he make the decision on what action to actually take? No. Others did that, with the advice of those who are the real experts, those that have fought terrorism.

You know what I find funny? Clarke is the kind of guy the left finds scary. This is a guy that advocates assassination, that pushes for war and is all over pre-emption, but because he went against Bush for not doing enough you guys marginalize him. Reminds me of Zinni and Shenseki.(one of these days I'll get his name right)
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:

You know what I find funny? Clarke is the kind of guy the left finds scary.

And you assume that means he is the kind of guy that the right should embrace. Basically indicates how little you actually know about the right, or about waging war against terrorism.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right thread

Greenhat's right

Me and Condy rice and George Tenent and Bill Clinton and GHWB and every other person not afiliated with the Bush slime machine are wrong. Clarke is a hack. It was a mistake on the administrations part to have Clarke take over the situation room after 9/11.

My only consolation after thie argument is that regardless of what you think, GWB will be defeated in November. The rest of the ation is catching on that he is failing at his job.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You been practicing getting on your knees and bowing to Mecca 5 times a day?
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Just trying to figure out what we'll do when we lose our last allies. Blair's in trouble and Howard isn't looking real popular either.

BTW. What's your take on our govt. saying they will leave Iraq after June 30 if Chalabi's govt asks us to.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
No. Just trying to figure out what we'll do when we lose our last allies. Blair's in trouble and Howard isn't looking real popular either.

BTW. What's your take on our govt. saying they will leave Iraq after June 30 if Chalabi's govt asks us to.

I figure they know Chalabi's government won't ask us too (although I think we would be better off with a lot fewer troops in Iraq).
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mikest"]No. Just trying to figure out what we'll do when we lose our last allies. Blair's in trouble and Howard isn't looking real popular either.

Then we'll go it alone if we have to. This is no game. It's a fight to the finish. We're not in it to win friends and influence people. We're in it to win. The survival of our way of life depends on it.

All of this is based on the premise that we will have a President who understands this and has the courage to do it. I'm sure Bush does and just as sure Kerry doesn't.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then we'll go it alone if we have to. This is no game. It's a fight to the finish. We're not in it to win friends and influence people. We're in it to win. The survival of our way of life depends on it.

The answer of the neo-cons. There is absolutely no way we will win a global war on our own.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
There is absolutely no way we will win a global war on our own.

You've never served, you have no military training and fairly evidently no historical training, yet you seem to think you are qualified to state what there is "absolutely no way" of happening?

Hopefully, it won't come to that, but if it does, you better hope you are wrong, or maybe you should start bowing to Mecca 5 times daily... just to get in practice.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
mikest wrote:

You've never served, you have no military training and fairly evidently no historical training, yet you seem to think you are qualified to state what there is "absolutely no way" of happening?

Hopefully, it won't come to that, but if it does, you better hope you are wrong, or maybe you should start bowing to Mecca 5 times daily... just to get in practice.

You don't have to have served to understand that a war fought against an enemy that is stateless, willing and sometimes eager to die, has a giant pool of recruits and is willing to fight to the last man can't be won without serious allied support. We had world wide support after 9/11 but gave that up with some of the worst diplomacy ever.

And stop with the infantile mexxa comments. It feels like I'm debating a 10 year old.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
mikest wrote:

You don't have to have served to understand that a war fought against an enemy that is stateless, willing and sometimes eager to die, has a giant pool of recruits and is willing to fight to the last man can't be won without serious allied support. We had world wide support after 9/11 but gave that up with some of the worst diplomacy ever.

And stop with the infantile mexxa comments. It feels like I'm debating a 10 year old.

Uh-huh. Remember the Red Brigades? How about Bader-Meinhof?

"You don't have to have served" ... no, you don't. But it does help if you have a clue what you are talking about.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: