SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry stump speech 9/24 - Comment here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, he's speaking the truth!
Don't you know everything "W" has said is a lie and a deception?

Senator, if everything the Bush administration has done is wrong, why haven't we suffered another attack since 9/11? Just luck?

Always said I'd rather be lucky than good!

Senator, do you understand that President Bush put forth a plan to wage the WOT overseas?
He planned it that way to make America SAFER!
He moved the main theater from Afgahnistan to Iraq for a reason.

Please tell us exactly how with your 20/20 hind sight you plan to execute the WOT and where you'll wage this war.

We know. You'll wage it at the bargaining table giving them anything they want just so you and your troops can come home and wait for them to come at us again. Then you'll really get mad at them.

Please Senator, STFU!
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry says he will increase troop strength to go after the real threat of Osama. These troops he won't use for Iraq. Now, this one is a big laugh because that's where the terrorists are right now.
So, he's going to send his new 40,000 troops somewhere else.

He makes an ass out of himself everytime he speaks.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Raising taxes? Reply with quote

Kerry won't have to raise taxes to pay for all that.

Teresa will open her checkbook, and solve all his problems! Wink

And Kerry seems lost without his notes when discussing AIDS--Note to John Kerry: President Bush proposed $15B against AIDS in 2003. Nuf said!
Knot4jfnk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can’t stand him, so I hope my first post here does not come across as pro kerry, but…

It sounds like he’s FINALLY found a position, and this speech was practice for the debates. His Bush bashing was less general and personal. Now he has some actual (but certainly debatable) specific items to attack. His old line that Bush abandoned Afghanistan to attack Saddam was there, but he had lots more this time.

He’s going to talk directly to North Korea (he will be among friends there) and will convince them to stop nuclear development. He’s going to make us independent of mid east oil. WOW, he said, “America knows the difference between empty promises and a genuine commitment.” He better hope they DON”T!

I always thought Clinton’s speeches were the ultimate extension of a chicken in every pot. He promised to raise wages, provide health care, increase military spending, fix education etc. etc. etc. and still lower taxes for everyone. He had Christmas presents for everyone. It was of course impossible, and he never delivered, but it made a lot of people feel warm and fuzzy. This kerry speech reminded me of those. It will be hard for Bush to argue that you can’t make security perfect everywhere at once, because somebody has to pay for it. The liberals never worry about having to pay for these promises, because they don’t believe it will come from them.

My point is just that he ain’t dead yet. He’s tried on every position to get here, but the media will not remember that. I’d love to believe that all his lying would put a dent in the whole liberal plague, but it worked for Clinton for over 8 years. If kerry finally hits on something that gets any traction, this traitor is still dangerous.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. He is still dangerous. Most of his rhetoric was empty though if you look at if more closely.
He's going to talk to N.Korea and offer the same deal Clinton did and we all know what happened there.
He's going to fight the terrorists, but he misses the point that they are in Iraq, the place he wants to turn over to the French.

But, I'm sure MSM will carry this as the word of God and cleverly "forget" all of his other positions to push him up in the polls.

Kerry is banking on people not tuning in closely until now over the election so all his other positions will be "forgotten". I'm sure GW won't let him forget.

And Karl Rove probably has some good tricks up his sleeve for October.
Stee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after seeing him, how in gods name can anyone support this man that doesn't even know himself? I shake my head to clear the cobwebs.... if this is the best the country has to offer as a leader of the free world..god help us all........ Thank god for George W. Bush and thank god for all our wonderful service men and women........
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God help us all. Amen.
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to share the thoughts that were going through my mind as I watched John Kerry make his pathetic speech today. Remember that Monty Python movie "life of Brian"? In that movie there was a scene of 2 knights dueling with swords. One knight was decisively winning and kept lopping off the limbs of the other. As the defeated knight was losing his limbs, he kept fighting and taunting the other knight who was whooping his butt. The end of the scene showed this defeated knight wobbling around with no legs and no arms but still beckoning "C'mon, C'mon, think you are tough, c'mon.... . I hope you get the picture. Maybe someone can describe that scene from that movie. It was just about the funniest thing I have ever seen, but that's what John Kerry reminded me of today. OK.. I'm losing my mind. Time to go to bed Laughing
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diane in IL wrote:
I had to share the thoughts that were going through my mind as I watched John Kerry make his pathetic speech today. Remember that Monty Python movie "life of Brian"? In that movie there was a scene of 2 knights dueling with swords. One knight was decisively winning and kept lopping off the limbs of the other. As the defeated knight was losing his limbs, he kept fighting and taunting the other knight who was whooping his butt. The end of the scene showed this defeated knight wobbling around with no legs and no arms but still beckoning "C'mon, C'mon, think you are tough, c'mon.... . I hope you get the picture. Maybe someone can describe that scene from that movie. It was just about the funniest thing I have ever seen, but that's what John Kerry reminded me of today. OK.. I'm losing my mind. Time to go to bed Laughing

Actualy that is the Holy Grail movie from Monty Python and yes I remember it vivdly! Very Happy

It's only a flesh wound!

Speaking of wich maybe we should hall Kerry out onto a bridge and ask him "What's your favorite color?"
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry seemed to be pulling his speech together (for Kerry)... but Billy Kristol tore it (them) apart in his article today (or yesterday) ; the link is on the forum somewhere.... I forget the name of his magazine....

I believe Bush people are on top of Kerry's speeches.... glad to see bush and cheney coming right back at him (just like Kerry has been on them)... Kerry really hurt himself by being so rude to the Iraq PM - even the everyday dems in the country should understand how bad that was for someone who wants to be president.... AND IT WAS VERY UNPRESIDENTIAL !!! ; He's cutting off his nose to spite his face!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
ondryland
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: A New Hybrid Bird Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
John Kerry is the missing link in avian evolution...a cross between a dove and a hawk.

Maybe we should call him a "dawk", which could be mis-construed in New Yawk...

Oooops! There went another keyboard and monitor. LMAO.

ondryland

Thanks to all of you for all you have done.
ondryland
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: A New Hybrid Bird Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
John Kerry is the missing link in avian evolution...a cross between a dove and a hawk.

Maybe we should call him a "dawk", which could be mis-construed in New Yawk...

Kerry's wind-surfer just jibed again, but does this jibe with the voters?
ondryland
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops again! I misposted.

But while I was thinking about it, it seemed to me like it would make a great bumper sticker.

John Kerry "DAWK"
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Kerry on Iraq/Afghanistan Reply with quote

A favorite Kerry and Democrat talking point now is that we should have finished the job in Afghanistan before going into Iraq. That's kind of like saying FDR should have finished the war in the Pacific where we were attacked by Japan before going to Europe to fight Hitler. In other words, we shouldn't try to chew bubble gum and tie our shoe laces at the same time. Having been denied sanctuary in Afghanistan, the next logical place for safe haven for many of the terrorists harbored by the Taliban was going to be Iraq. Osama bin Laden has been effectively neutralized. The real battle now is with Zarquari and his band of terroists in Iraq. For Kerry to say Iraq is not part of the war on terrorism is ludicrous. If it isn't, what are all these terrorists doing there fighting to the death.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Kerry's Speech Reply with quote

When I hear Kerry saying things like "I remember fighting a war declared by arrogant men who don't tell America the truth"...this sounds VERY MUCH like what people were saying back in the late 1960's about Vietnam.

I can't help but wonder, are people going to be fooled by this kind of rhetoric AGAIN? Kerry is really frightening right now! Is Bush going to have a good comeback in the debates? What should the SBVT do about this???

The media, including Fox, don't seem to be criticizing this much...

Of course, speaking of arrogance, how can Kerry say that he knows better than Iyad Allawi what's going on in Iraq, when he's never been there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: