SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initially, I thought he might have objected because the lights would reflect unattractively on his orange face or manicured nails. However, I just walked past a TV and it seems the orange has been bleached. Can that be true? Did he flip away from his carefully planned color?
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Debate Preparations Reply with quote

Quote:
John Kerry before the debate: Receives manicure at spa (probably fixing his orangeness) while campaign complains about lights on the podium.

George Bush before debates: Meeting with Hurricane victims

That figures. While Pretty Boy Johnny is preening and whining, the Republican President is caring for the homeless. I remember right after one of the previous hurricanes, President Bush and his brother the Governor were personally clearing away debris with some FEMA guys.

Some guys talk the talk, others walk the walk. I hope the voters will know which is which!

GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prediction: Kerry will be aloof and give a 'Mr. Howell', at which Bush will give us his patented Texas grin and seal the deabte. Yep folks that is all it will take.
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Bush must stick with the issues, and give straight-forward, honest, answers. It's no secret that things in Iraq are not as we would like them to be right now, but the Coalition must remain strong. The 3 provinces in Irag that are showing resistance, is mostly a fight agains't each other for power.

During any "War-Time" period, there is always something that turns out different than what was expected during the planning. Good Grief, "D-Day" didn't start off as planned (far from it, really), but the coalition stood firm & marched forward to a final victory. This is what President Bush must get across to the voters tonight, and until the election. We must stand united, focused, & determined to defeat our enemies! This is a "War On Terror", and we shall fight them, wherever, whenever, and however needed, but we will FIGHT TO WIN!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Wind Walker Cool
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35 children were killed in that roadside bomb today. Crying or Very sad

That is not going to be overlooked I'm sure. HOWEVER, I heard PM Allawi say that (paraphrasing here), this is not going on much longer in Fallujah... we are getting ready to go in soon.

God, please let it be soon - - turn loose the dogs of war, Rumsfeld- - it's hammer time!!!! Evil or Very Mad
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeFreedom wrote:
35 children were killed in that roadside bomb today. Crying or Very sad

That is not going to be overlooked I'm sure. HOWEVER, I heard PM Allawi say that (paraphrasing here), this is not going on much longer in Fallujah... we are getting ready to go in soon.

God, please let it be soon - - turn loose the dogs of war, Rumsfeld- - it's hammer time!!!! Evil or Very Mad

It is more than coincidence that the terrorists are stepping up violence in Iraq right now. They are using the outcome of Spain and applying it here. Unfortunate for them, the vast majority of Americans don't like to run away from Iraq...unlike that pumpkin kerry.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry is claiming he will now save the $200 billion the only way he could do that is to pull out?
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Bush will reveal a glimmer of what I believe he has in mind. If I were a terrorist in Iraq, I'd be very frightened of November 3. I remember the Iran hostage situation following TOTAL FAILURE BY CARTER and just after Reagan won the election. When asked about the Iranian terrorists holding hostages, he replied something to the effect that they were barbarians and would be dealt with as barbarians. They released all 52 American hostages on January 20, 1981, Reagan's inauguration day. Lots of theories prevail but the bottom line, they capitulated out of fear.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
Perhaps Bush will reveal a glimmer of what I believe he has in mind. If I were a terrorist in Iraq, I'd be very frightened of November 3. I remember the Iran hostage situation following TOTAL FAILURE BY CARTER and just after Reagan won the election. When asked about the Iranian terrorists holding hostages, he replied something to the effect that they were barbarians and would be dealt with as barbarians. They released all 52 American hostages on January 20, 1981, Reagan's inauguration day. Lots of theories prevail but the bottom line, they capitulated out of fear.

They knew Reagan meant what he said.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that loser just say he'd strengthen the military? flip flop flip flop!
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: debate Reply with quote

it is painful to watch kerry , what an ignorant bs, get the part about the armament did he not vote against it
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to break out the Gag. Going to be getting the Executives to be showing up to the computer room to restrain me.

sKerry is talking out his A$$
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems Bush should have said that in the rebuttal
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 minutes into the debate and the President is doing great! Very Happy
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacan70UDN wrote:
20 minutes into the debate and the President is doing great! Very Happy

he gets a little lost w/the teleprompter but always comes back even stronger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: