SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry: Bush's Plan has "great potential of a draft''
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you guys have posted is so true. I hope Bush realizes he
has to dispute this Draft lie. Press Conference, Press Conference,
Press Conference --ASAP

Kerry is rallying the naive behind him AGAIN, just like he did in
1971. REMEMBER HOW HIS LIES ALMOST DESTROYED OUR
MILITARY IN 71', HE NOW HAS A BIGGER PLATFORM TO SPREAD
THE VICIOUS DRAFT RUMOR.........

Kerry is evil incarnate. Evil or Very Mad Someone quick toss some Holy Water on him Mad
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The D word Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
Darkhorse18 wrote:
Just think how scared Kerry has gotten the male daft age voters are!

/snip
I have been unable to continue this discussion as it seems no matter what information I give them, I believe this phoney 'draft' scare his them running to vote for Kerry. The vote for change tour has, according to them, send these 'fake' draft cards to all attendees/members of vote for a change. The 'fake' cards with a anti-Bush message are further meant to scare them into voting for Kerry. Even the argument I gave for: where do you think the additional 40,000 troops Kerry is going to 'enlist', falls on deaf ears to these 'kids'. I've reached a dead end.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate.

Kimberly

A. It was Democrats that introduced the bill for a draft.
B. That bill was introduced after democrat Hillary gave her little speech to the troops overseas that they were "undermanned" and needed help there. She wanted to double the size of the force.

C. It was a much younger Donald Rumsfeld that killed the draft under Nixon. Rumsfeld hates the draft, because it means admission into the military, of undesirables and unteachables.
The modern military, with it's high tech computer operations in the field require a level of intelligence and committment by the troops unparalled in history.
A drafted force cannot sustain that level of expertise.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The D word Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
kimberly wrote:
Darkhorse18 wrote:

/snip
I have been unable to continue this discussion as it seems no matter what information I give them, I believe this phoney 'draft' scare his them running to vote for Kerry. The vote for change tour has, according to them, send these 'fake' draft cards to all attendees/members of vote for a change. The 'fake' cards with a anti-Bush message are further meant to scare them into voting for Kerry. Even the argument I gave for: where do you think the additional 40,000 troops Kerry is going to 'enlist', falls on deaf ears to these 'kids'. I've reached a dead end.

Kimberly

B. That bill was introduced after democrat Hillary gave her little speech to the troops overseas that they were "undermanned" and needed help there. She wanted to double the size of the force.

C. It was a much younger Donald Rumsfeld that killed the draft under Nixon. Rumsfeld hates the draft, because it means admission into the military, of undesirables and unteachables.
The modern military, with it's high tech computer operations in the field require a level of intelligence and committment by the troops unparalled in history.

totally agre here.
Most professional military men prefer all-volunteer army. A conscript army always leads to a bunch of poorly motivated people just looking for any excuse to get out of the service, not to mention the huge morale degradation this leads to towards our PROFESSIONAL soldiers..

Better idea is to increase the pay and benefits for servicemen to the extent that joining the military will become so attractive that only the best-motivated and best candidates will be picked.

Draft is a stupid, moronic idea, being hyped by people (liberals) with no perspectives or understandings og the military.

Need some wood?!?!
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like President Bush finally turned the tables and told people how it really is. Here is an article titled: "Bush Says He's Best Protection From Draft"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/campaign_rdp

Looks like its getting heated (as if it werent earlier!) --Kerry is hitting hard on the flu shots, Bush hammering at Kerry caring more about politics than supporting the troops.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Deliberate strategy by Karl Rove?? Reply with quote

PrinceLazar wrote:
My guess is that Karl Rove has told Bush to let Kerry rant for a day more about the draft before Bush STRONGLY addresses this as a pure scare.

Looks like you were right!
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/campaign_rdp

I just hope he continues to hammer this point home and make Kerry/MTV look like fools.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: The D word Reply with quote

PrinceLazar wrote:
lrb111 wrote:
kimberly wrote:
Darkhorse18 wrote:

/snip

Kimberly

totally agre here.
Most professional military men prefer all-volunteer army. A conscript army always leads to a bunch of poorly motivated people just looking for any excuse to get out of the service, not to mention the huge morale degradation this leads to towards our PROFESSIONAL soldiers..

Better idea is to increase the pay and benefits for servicemen to the extent that joining the military will become so attractive that only the best-motivated and best candidates will be picked.

Draft is a stupid, moronic idea, being hyped by people (liberals) with no perspectives or understandings og the military.

I completely agree, but it is difficult to 'convince' these young people otherwise when the are receiving this:

http://www.rockthevote.com/home.php

(click on the draft card, takes you to Alliance for Security and further 'information' regarding possible draft)

I would venture to guess that a lot of the kids will make the effort to go to the polls and vote Kerry just out of fear on this one issue. My son tells me that this 'myth' has become a 'truth' to the college kids on campus.

Kimberly
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Problem with draft that was not yet mentioned Reply with quote

One problem with the previous draft is that it forced people like Kerry into the military. Skerry thought, isn't it! What a strong argument against the draft! Can you imagine being forced to serve with a future Complainer-in-Chief.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: