SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russia tied to Iraq´s missing arms; Pentagon: Weaponry reloc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No suprises here. Those WMD went somewhere!
Syria was my original guess.

Second verse...same as the first? Communists,
traitors and Russian Bears! Oh MY!! Shocked

Check this:
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/rosett200404182336.asp

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the world doesn't stop just because I go outside and watch the first part of the lunar eclipse. Wink
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy - Thanks for posting the Washington Times article. I still can't get into the Times site. Wow, this is a BIG story. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
See, I was right on that Rdtf.

I'm not being nasty, but I knew when I saw that story it would come back into play one day.

yep you were. Good intuition! It seemed strange that a Russian convoy was there, I remember thinking that too. If any good journalist had any sense they'd be reading our work here. Doing all the work they should be doing.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't counted on this. What a help!

Sam
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, here is the rub, will the MSM cover it as msuch as Fox has tonight?

I wonder what else will come out tomorrow?
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link. I posted the full article in the main forum and do not know why we were pushed here. There is no bigger news on why sKerry will not/should not be elected.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041027-101153-4822r.htm
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, those diplomats were in a convoy of cars

Quote:
Alexander Minakov, who works with Rossiya TV (formerly RTR), said in a telephone report that he was in one of eight cars that set off from Baghdad at 11:30 a.m. (3:30 a.m. ET), bound for the Syrian border. The vehicles carried 25 Russian diplomats, including Russia's ambassador to Iraq, and journalists who were trying to flee the country.

for 380 tons of hi ex you need dozens of big trucks.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
Guys, those diplomats were in a convoy of cars

Quote:
Alexander Minakov, who works with Rossiya TV (formerly RTR), said in a telephone report that he was in one of eight cars that set off from Baghdad at 11:30 a.m. (3:30 a.m. ET), bound for the Syrian border. The vehicles carried 25 Russian diplomats, including Russia's ambassador to Iraq, and journalists who were trying to flee the country.

for 380 tons of hi ex you need dozens of big trucks.

Yes thay were, but there was so many reports of Russians being around and why did the Russians wait until we were taking over the country to leave? Why didn't they hold up in their embassy as we would have not bombed it?

Why wait until it was so damn dangerous to leave Iraq? They should have left 2 weeks before that or at least 3 days!

Too much suspicious behavior that all ties in.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe... but were there ever 380 tons to begin with?

Let's find something else about 'trucks' ...looking...
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget now but i think the rusian diplomats went in as a last resort to convince Saddam to comply with the US. Besides diplomats wouldnt be lugging anything around but their fat arses, let alone 380 tons of explosive powder.
FreeFall
LCDR

In 1995, UN inspectors wanted this stockpile destroyed but the IAEA, but the UN's "atomic watchdog" didn't do it.

http://www.lucianne.com/threads2.asp?artnum=179046

Last edited by FreeFall on Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

How do you think the liberals are going to spin this story? It can't be ignored. AND are these WMDS or not?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syria always seemed a likely culprit, with or without Russian help, but I have to believe that the President did not want to have to answer the question: So what are you going to do about Syria and the WMD? ... at least not until after Iraq was under some semblance of control.

RED SOX!!!!!!
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS... ABC thought they had the big scoop on this story.... WRONG

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=204304&page=1

Oct. 27, 2004 — Iraqi officials may be overstating the amount of explosives reported to have disappeared from a weapons depot, documents obtained by ABC News show.

The Iraqi interim government has told the United States and international weapons inspectors that 377 tons of conventional explosives are missing from the Al-Qaqaa installation, which was supposed to be under U.S. military control.

But International Atomic Energy Agency documents obtained by ABC News and first reported on "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings" indicate the amount of missing explosives may be substantially less than the Iraqis reported.

The information on which the Iraqi Science Ministry based an Oct. 10 memo in which it reported that 377 tons of RDX explosives were missing — presumably stolen due to a lack of security — was based on "declaration" from July 15, 2002. At that time, the Iraqis said there were 141 tons of RDX explosives at the facility.

But the confidential IAEA documents obtained by ABC News show that on Jan. 14, 2003, the agency's inspectors recorded that just over 3 tons of RDX was stored at the facility — a considerable discrepancy from what the Iraqis reported.

The IAEA documents could mean that 138 tons of explosives were removed from the facility long before the start of the United States launched "Operation Iraqi Freedom" in March 2003.

The missing explosives have become an issue in the presidential campaign. Sen. John Kerry has pointed to the disappearance as evidence of the Bush administration's poor handling of the war. The Bush camp has responded that more than a thousand times that amount of explosives or munitions have been recovered or destroyed in Iraq.

Another Concern

The IAEA documents from January 2003 found no discrepancy in the amount of the more dangerous HMX explosives thought to be stored at Al-Qaqaa, but they do raise another disturbing possibility.

The documents show IAEA inspectors looked at nine bunkers containing more than 194 tons of HMX at the facility. Although these bunkers were still under IAEA seal, the inspectors said the seals may be potentially ineffective because they had ventilation slats on the sides. These slats could be easily removed to remove the materials inside the bunkers without breaking the seals, the inspectors noted.

ABC News' Martha Raddatz filed this report for "World News Tonight." Luis Martinez contributed to this report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: