SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Fit To Sue 'Unfit' Author - NY Post
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of Edwards - but then the smart reference shot that one down
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope he keeps talking about suing.

Because somebody smart (or many smart "somebodies" - heh heh heh!) is going to start holding his feet to the fire about doing just that.

Asking questions about why he is not. Publicly and loudly. And we can be right in the middle of it.

It can only go downhill for Kerry because people are going to start wondering why it's not happening.

And the counter (which we are going to be diligent in providing, right? Wink ) that he can't sue without EVERYTHING coming out into the open air is going to resonate BIG TIME. The SF 180 becomes irrelevant. A subpoena will do just as well.

"What's he hiding?" This is a soon-to-be heard mantra among even old media, the Kerry cheerleaders. Taking liberties with an old song: "bloooood in the water.... there's fire in the sky!"

This threat was absolutely the best thing that could have happened to Swifts, at this point!

Kerry has made every possible mis-step along the campaign trail - why did we lose faith that he would continue to do so just because the election was over? Wink

Yeeeeeee-friggin'-hawwwwwww! Very Happy
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Kerry lawsuit? Reply with quote

Although the Swifties have enough evidence to shoot lots of holes in Kerry's arguments, Kerry does have some ammunition of his own--lots of a$$et$ from Tere$a, plus some leftover campaign money. If Kerry thinks that the "Unfit for Command" book cost him the Presidency, he might try a lawsuit, possibly thinking that the Swifties couldn't outspend him on lawyers.

There are also some "Navy documents" that support some of his claims, so if there was a lawsuit against John O'Neill, then "Navy Chief" would have to prove those "Navy documents" were written by Kerry, so it becomes Kerry's word against all the other veterans, instead of some veterans against Kerry AND THE NAVY.

The threat of a lawsuit might not be all bluster, because Kerry might not realize everything that the Swifties have against him, or he might have started believing in his own inflated self-image. In case there is a lawsuit, maybe the fund which was used for political ads could be converted into a legal-defense fund for John O'Neill--what do you think?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on everyone! we should be scared ! Wink scared! Wink

we shouldn't act so happy Laughing , happy ! Laughing

if Kerry filed a lawsuit, what would become of us??? (scared, scared Wink )

a lawsuit would be:

Trying
Ridiculous
Obstucious (new word)
Lengthy
Legal
Stupid

then again, maybe they're all in therapy! Laughing Laughing Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would sending him a link to this topic in an e-mail titled "No Guts :: No Glory" hurt or help here? Confused
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, let me say, have I missed you guys, I took a bit of a break from all things political, and all things Kerry due to illness ( I should sue Kerry for that!). Anyway, this is too much today for me, I feel as if I am on overload. Clinton opening his librarium, and now this news?

Look, Kerry, all we can say is "Bring it on!" If this does happen, and I do doubt it, but if it does, tell us where to send the money for the legal defense fund. I for one, will be standing in line to sit in that courtroom,as I know all of you will. I truly think that these Dems have lost their minds..kinda sad~~~~ well, maybe not! Wink

Good to be home..
PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predicted a Watergate in reverse after this election - the scandal of the loser commiting election fraud - running on a false record as Kerry did.

A libel trial would serve the purpose just fine.

A real dream come true. Just the fact of such a trial and the presentaion of both sides in an adversarial legal setting would ruin Kerry as an electable candidate, regardless of the outcome.

There is a fascinating comparison to be made with the perjury trials of Alger Hiss. Check out this excellent summary article:
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/hiss/hissaccount.html
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let him sue. Then all his records will be opened as evidence!!! No Form 180 will be needed. This is why he hasn't come out against John and publishing co. Laughing CTW

Never Ever Kerry
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That jacka** Skerry has boxed himself into a corner..

1) if he fails through on his threat to sue in a reasonable period of time, maybe the OLM will not ask "why" but the NEW PAJAMAHADEEN will....

2) if he does indeed try again for the Presidency in '08, J. O'Neil and the Swiftees will be back again to pursue their case against Skerry before the American people

and therefore
3) Kerry will HAVE TO either sue (threatening doesn't cut it) and the 180 will come out in discovery or Kerry if he does not sue will look like a horse's patuie and what little credibility he still has will go down the drain

either way...

Swifties WIN! Twisted Evil
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
That jacka** Skerry has boxed himself into a corner..

1) if he fails through on his threat to sue in a reasonable period of time, maybe the OLM will not ask "why" but the NEW PAJAMAHADEEN will....

2) if he does indeed try again for the Presidency in '08, J. O'Neil and the Swiftees will be back again to pursue their case against Skerry before the American people

and therefore
3) Kerry will HAVE TO either sue (threatening doesn't cut it) and the 180 will come out in discovery or Kerry if he does not sue will look like a horse's patuie and what little credibility he still has will go down the drain

either way...

Swifties WIN! Twisted Evil

If bloggers (pajamahadeen) were that influential and widely followed, we'd already have seen the results of the 180.

Bloggers are IMHO about 3 years away from "being that powerful".
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
And the counter (which we are going to be diligent in providing, right? Wink ) that he can't sue without EVERYTHING coming out into the open air is going to resonate BIG TIME. The SF 180 becomes irrelevant. A subpoena will do just as well.

"What's he hiding?" This is a soon-to-be heard mantra among even old media, the Kerry cheerleaders. Taking liberties with an old song: "bloooood in the water.... there's fire in the sky!"

This threat was absolutely the best thing that could have happened to Swifts, at this point!

Kerry has made every possible mis-step along the campaign trail - why did we lose faith that he would continue to do so just because the election was over? Wink

Yeeeeeee-friggin'-hawwwwwww! Very Happy

Yup. And it would not even take a subpoena. John O'Neill is a very, very smart man and skilled lawyer, and when he dared Kerry to sue him he knew just what he was doing. During discovery, the other side is entitled to virtually all documents that bear even remote relevancy to the issues at hand, simply by document demand within the litigation. The Court requires you to execute ANY necessary releases to produce those documents, on penalty of having the case decided against you if you fail to do so.

O'Neill knows this. God, I hate a lot of my colleagues and share laypeople's general contempt for us, but I'd buy John O'Neill a steak dinner and a shot of whatever he wants. A Kerry suit would be a dream come true for the Swiftees, which is why Kerry will never do it. (And yeah, I'm a lawyer, and believe me, John Kerry is not going to sue John O'Neill.)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect sKerry to come out and say any day now that his aide spoke out of turn and the reports aren't true. The reason is this story is breaking everywhere now. He knows if he goes ahead what happens and that his records become public. He fought too hard to keep them private to allow them to be opened now.

Maybe this is what you get for blowing smoke and letting others hear you. Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is a delusional narcissist moron. He will not sue John O'Neill. If that was the case he could have done it months ago. He never will because then he would be forced to sign and release his 180 Form, which he never has to date. Why? Because it will expose him for the treasonous traitor liar and betrayer of a generation of Vets and POWs that he is.

John O'Neill should sue him for defemation of character. Kerry has no class, no character, and is guttless. I hope he rots for what he did to our Vets and POWs. Sorry, I do not mean to sound so bitter and hateful but this man must go. He should not be allowed to hold public office. He is not fit to command anything. His dog, if he has one, probably won't even listen to him.

He is the worst kind of American there is. A man that betrayed out country during a time of war and admitted to committing war crimes, and betrayd the SVPT. He didn't get away with it in the election, and he thinks he still has that free pass. NOT. Many of us have been mailing letters to our senators to get him ousted. I wish he would just go away. Mad
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Me#1You#10"]Bench: Mr. O'Neill, call your next witness.

John O'Neill: Your honor, defense calls John F. Kerry.

Bench: Bailiff, administer the oath.

The stuff of which dreams are made.

For the sake of accuracy...

(snipped)
[quote]

LOL...Kerry will impeach himself.
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an interesting discussion of this topic at Beldar Blog:

http://beldar.blogs.com/beldarblog/

The comments are as interesting as the basic piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: