SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disabled Vet spits on Hanoi Fonda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you all crack me up! love it!
ok, I guess I should feel a bit bad about it all..... being a Christian and all.

BUT, I say 'good for him!' ; do you suppose a letter addressed to him in that city would get to him? I'd like to THANK HIM!

maybe I'll email that paper that interviewed him....

WOW! We got HAPPY Vietnam Vets all over the country I'm sure!

ok, so maybe it was wrong..... wronger ( Rolling Eyes ) than being a traitor?
lying for 30 + years? than Americans ignoring what happened to the veterans coming back from VW? NO, NO, NO!

We should name that date 'Michael Smith' Day!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad he wasn't able to pelt her with fecal matter.

Of course, this is Hanoi Jane we're talking about. I place more value on my feces than I do her.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get a chance to go to a book signing, Im having split pea with ham for lunch! Mr. Green

ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main Stream Media again. They showed over and over again Ann Coulter with the pie dripping off of her but I have yet to see Hanoi Jane with the tobbaco dripping off of her. One picture is worth a thousand words. That one is frameable.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excerpted from the Kansas City Star
Quote:
More than 200 e-mails have poured into the Kansas City Star after Michael D. Smith, a 54 year old Vietnam veteran from Gladstone, sent a stream of tobacco juice into the Oscar winning actresses face during a Plaza book signing Tuesday.

Dozens expressed dimay. Many more, delight. 'Spitting in Jane Fonda's face is every Vietnam Vet's fantasy,' wrote a Phoenix man. Bravo, Michael Smith, Bravo.'

'Heartfelt thanks.' 'Made my day.' 'What a true American this guy is.'

Fans of the spitter, from California to Cape Cod, appeared to outnumber those who condemned the action by about a three to one margin.

Some said he should get a Medal of Honor, one suggested naming him citizen of the year. Thirty two emails offered to cover his bail on disorderly conduct charges.

'We live in a very performative culture, said Janet Rose, who teaches American Studies at the University of Missouri-KC. 'Everything that happens seems to occur in a kind of front stage arena, where everyone is performing out an identity.'

'Good for Mr. Smith. Jane Fonda is a traitor--who aided an abetted the enemy in a time of war,' vented a Vietnam pilot.

Fonda's activities beyond war protesting may have also fed support for the man who spat on her, said Hamilton Cravens, Iowa State University professor of history.

'I think that some of this is that she is so liberated. All of these women are more assertive now than when her father (Henry Fonda) was kind of an unassuming, conventional movie star. Jane Fonda has always put herself on that side of the fence, and it makes a lot of men mad.'

'She's someone who flaunts the system and gets away with it. She's like the Energizer bunny, she won't go down.'

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jane Fonda has always put herself on that side of the fence, and it makes a lot of men mad.'

Geeez, Prof, spare us the psycho babble Rolling Eyes

Did it ever occur to the Prof that she is simply hated for the way she encouraged the country to mistreat millions of returning veterans and the lies she told about them?
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CASE DISMISSED

-Wlm Shakespeare
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
CASE DISMISSED

Woohoooo!!!

Quote:
Charge Dropped Against Man Who Spit On Fonda

POSTED: 8:21 am CDT August 26, 2005
UPDATED: 8:46 am CDT August 26, 2005

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A Vietnam veteran who spit tobacco juice at actress Jane Fonda has a disorderly conduct charge dropped by a Kansas City judge.

Michael Dean Smith, 54, was ticketed by police after the April 19 incident.

Fonda was signing copies of her memoir "My Life So Far" after a Kansas City speech when Smith approached and spit tobacco juice in her face.

The municipal charge against Smith has now been dismissed by a judge who promised to do so if Smith stayed out of trouble over the past month.

Smith served as a Marine in Vietnam in 1970. He said the spitting was a show of anger at Fonda for her actions opposing the war -- including her 1972 visit to a North Vietnam anti-aircraft battery.

The day after the spitting, Fonda told police she didn't want to press charges.

The ex-Marine remains unrepentant however, saying he still feels "it was the right thing to do."

http://www.theiowachannel.com/irresistible/4900014/detail.html

Indeed it was, Mr. Smith!
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The municipal charge against Smith has now been dismissed by a judge who promised to do so if Smith stayed out of trouble over the past month.

Is that worded correctly? Over the PAST month? Way to go judge if that's what he said.

Thank you Mr. Smith. Wish that I were in line right behind you, she would have gotten another dose.

Dusty
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty,
The reports are a little screwy. At his first hearing Smith promised to be good and was over the 'past' month.
Better, Smith claimed it was a political statement.....so I guess spitting on Fonda is now protected political speech!

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: