SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Answering Democrat ATTACKS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erica
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a word of encouragement to all those under fire right now. Keep up with the truth . America deserves to see what kind of man Kerry really is before they place him in the highest office. I love how the liberals are always for free speech and diverse opinions until it doesnt agree with them. Typical
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CuriousGeorge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erica wrote:
Just a word of encouragement to all those under fire right now. Keep up with the truth . America deserves to see what kind of man Kerry really is before they place him in the highest office. I love how the liberals are always for free speech and diverse opinions until it doesnt agree with them. Typical

Not all liberals are that way!

Compared to the average person here I am probably very liberal(I call myself moderate), and I am fiercly a advocate of free speech.

You won't here me telling the swifties to shutup....
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: It's a question of semantics... Reply with quote

CuriousGeorge wrote:
Not all liberals are that way!

Very true CG; it might have been better to use the word "Democrats," but not all Democrats are that way, either.

This is why I like the new term "Moonbat." It labels only beliefs, attitudes and behaviors.

And I sincerely hope that some day soon the liberals in this country take the Democratic Party back from the moonbats.

Wink

Last edited by Scott on Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
CuriousGeorge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonbats! Laughing Haven't heard that one before.

Oh I do have one comment I heard made.

O'Neill was a Nixon attack dog so the SVFT is obviously a Bush support group.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousGeorge wrote:

O'Neill was a Nixon attack dog so the SVFT is obviously a Bush support group.

Yah, the one thing they always leave out of that is that O'Neill was a registered Democrat at the time and not thrilled with Richard Nixon at all.

Honored to meet with the President and thankful for finding a way to get his side of the story heard, but definitely not a Nixon lackey.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original post at the top has been edited so any of you who have already read it might check again. Mainly ideas on where to find the hard questions and attacks we need to gather, think about and write killer answers. If you hear an attack question or statement not on this "list" yet, please post it to this thread. Dwight
CuriousGeorge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some pictures in certain cases?

For example, the arguement of they were not on the boat.

I am guessing the average citizen hears boats and they think Carrier, destroyer, etc.

What drove the point home to me was the mission pictures somebody posted.

Seeing 6-8 boats going down the river, parked along side the riverbank....

Just an idea.....
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Couple of things. The Democrats have unearthed Mr O'neill's campaign contributations for Bush in 92. The gist of the article is:
Quote:
Now, no one can prove O'Neill a liar here. But it's a little hard to believe that a man who has given nearly $15,000 in political contributions to Republicans -- and not a cent to Democrats or independents -- "[hasn't] voted for a Republican since 1988." Even the claim that he voted for Ross Perot twice is suspect, considering that he donated $1,000 to George H.W. Bush's campaign in 1992.
Update: After posting about O'Neill's contribution, I started wondering whether O'Neill might have contributed to Bush before Perot joined the race, then changed his allegiance once the Texan had announced his candidacy. Doubtful -- according to OpenSecrets.org, O'Neill's contribution [to George H.W. Bush] was made on April 27, 38 days after Perot threw his oversized hat in. So O'Neill was actively seeking to defeat a candidate he now says he voted for.
--Jeffrey Dubner

Just a head's up although I would like to hear this addressed myself.

Also, the Sioux City Journal is running this story that centers on a vietnam vet Gil Zemansky "former senior adviser to the Vietnamese River Patrol Division." Now, I ran google searches on his name and the river patrol and couldn't find anything that connected him to them but I did find that he's listed as a contact on Nancy Boyda's website here - Local Boyda for Congress Meetup Day

Got to love the author for not even mentioning this guy is an active Democrat and yet, his main point is you guys are "politically based."
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they've got much.

Many people give money to both campaigns. How much did John O'Neill's law practice give the various candidates, for instance?

They're leaving out facts which could be much more persuasive. I guess that's what op-ed is all about, but that bit wouldn't be enough to convince me. JM2¢ Wink
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raising the political preferences of any of the SBVT has nothing to do with the charges against Kerry. Is that supposed to be an answer? As Cicero said, two thousand years ago: "If your argument lacks merit, attack your opponent."

If they want to imply that anyone who is a Republican, a conservative, a supporter of either, or a voter for either, is a liar, then thank you, you have now insulted half of the population - just as Kerry insulted anyone who served in the NG in the '60 and '70s.

Don't take the bait to change the subject and start talking about their diversionary counter-charges.
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If your argument lacks merit, attack your opponent

I agree and that's exactly what Kerry and the mainstream media are doing. The double standard and hypocrisy are breathtaking. You guys will win if you hang tough, but even as we speak the MSM is doing overtime, writing articles and op-eds that sell the idea that Kerry's revised timeline for Cambodia is nothing but a small mistake in dates.

What the swiftvets have on their side is the very credible way that they have presented the charges, truth, and the thousands of blogs, internet news and other unofficial sources of information that are researching and presenting all the facts, ie. tearing the official storytime to pieces and making a complete laughingstock out of the MSM in the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: