SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When al Queda attacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steamer51
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Al Queda attack Reply with quote

We can not let down our guard, but my opinion is they will not attack before the election. If stopped during a large scale attack, they would insure our president's re-election by proving to everyone that he is taking care of our security. If, God forbid, the attack was successful, they would receive an immediate, crushing response from a president who is decisive and willing to act. Either way an attack before the election makes our president look good compared to the wishy washy traitor that I believe the terrorists would like to see elected so they could walk all over us. I also think the best protection against terrorism would be for every state to issue concealed weapon permits. Citizens in Kentucky have the right to carry a weapon (after being checked out with a permit application) and I think if a terrorist tried to do something in a crowded room he would likely find half the people there reaching under their jackets for firepower. Cowards are very brave when they think no one will shoot back but if they don't know who is locked and loaded, I believe they are less likely to act.
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steamer51. I have a rather opposite viewpoint:
Quote:
If stopped during a large scale attack, they would insure our president's re-election by proving to everyone that he is taking care of our security.

It comes down to the risk (from their perspective) they run in not attacking. If the president pulls ahead in the polls (as he seems to be doing), then there's no downside to them for going ahead with an attack. The worst case scenario is that the attack is thwarted and the president is re-elected (which was going to happen anyway). The best case scenario is that Kerry is able to convince people that we need to try someone different.
Quote:
If, God forbid, the attack was successful, they would receive an immediate, crushing response from a president who is decisive and willing to act.

And how would he do that? Is there someone we're not attacking now that we should be attacking? How would we escalate in Iraq without alienating the population that's on our side? I can't come up with a scenario for a 'crushing response' that's different from what we're already doing.
Quote:
Either way an attack before the election makes our president look good compared to the wishy washy traitor that I believe the terrorists would like to see elected so they could walk all over us.

If there's an attack, Kerry will have a significant ability (through the MSM and Hollywood) to make the case that the president has lead us to disaster. I believe the role of the SBVT may even be more important than it is today by demonstrating through Kerry's words and deeds that he is truly unfit to command.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: When al Queda attacks Reply with quote

I wonder how much this cheesy punk contributed to the enemy and if Kerry would negotiate with him.
Paul Majendie wrote:
...A leading Arab-American group, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, has sent letters to President Bush and Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge asking them to explain why Islam was barred....Cat Stevens

IMHO, America owes the "leading Arab-American group" NOTHING! We should simply tell them he's not welcome here anymore and should find another market for his music.

And just so everyone knows precisely what our elected president will be up against, Mother of God, look at the animals we face:
Amer Ouali wrote:
...Islamic radicals immortalise their acts of terror in grisly films...
Barbarians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: