SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am not sure of the facts here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoopdy_Doopdy wrote:
It is easy to say someone lied. Anybody can say that, but when you are trying to do a character assignation of a potential president of the USA you need to have more facts then someone's belief or feelings of what they thing happened 35 years ago. You need written hard facts. Right now Kerry has that and SBV have a organized smear campaign based on hear say and personal thoughts. We need much more then that to destroy someone. I sounds like the SBV just have a axe to grind with Kerry because of his post war protests. It would have been easy for Kerry to have come back and not said anything about what he seen in Vietnam. It took a strong character with lots of internal fortitude to take on President Nixon and all the warmongers in the USA. Kerry should be commended for his courage under fire in Vietnam and in the USA after he returned.

You are correct, we do hard written documents, like the sworn affidavites of these 65 veterans, and we also need Kerry to sign the Form 180 that will allow the release of his complete military record. Thanks for the suggestion. BTW, why not write to Mr, Kerry and ask him to sign; I am sure that if this were President Bush, you would be more than happy to write a little note...
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have removed this because it is really irrelevant in view of Hoopdy's obvious bias...
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It would have been easy for Kerry to have come back and not said anything about what he seen in Vietnam.

My God! If only he had restricted himself to what he had seen!

But I'm afraid he would not have received the notoriety he was looking for.

I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER thought this would get as big as it is. If Kerry had the truth on his side he would have quickly squashed this.

There is a long road ahead, but I thought this was going to be some small fringe group that no one paid any attention, too.

Bravo, Swift Vets!! Keep up the good work! Stay brave! It is just going to get worse from here! They are really going to come after you now.
[/quote]
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFT makes so very points here, and it is these contradictions made by the very same Vets who are now coming out against Kerry which is causing the news media to have field day making these very same Vets to look like liar at worst, fools at best. We all must keep in mind that the major news media is on Kerry's side of this fight, and will exploit every contradiction to the hilt.If you glorified Kerry years ago for his valor and heroism, don't now come out and call him a coward. It doesn't play well, and only clouds the real issues we have. Looking at this from a distance it appears you are trying to eat this elephant in one bite, it can't be done that way. What needs to be done is to identify Kerry's most egregious statement and capitalize on them. The Christmas in Cambodia is one thing. Kerry said on Meet the Press several weeks ago he might have been over stating his case about Vets murdering, raping, cutting of heads and eras, because he was caught up in the anti-war movement. How he was awarded these medals. Who wrote him up for the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Kerry sure as hell couldn't(?), so who submitted the paper work of these accounts, who provided the need supporting written accounts? There has to be a paper trail!. His refusal to sign his SF 180 so his military/medical records can be released is a giant bulls-eye. Now when questioned on the release of his military/medical records, Kerry's people will quickly point to his web site where you'll find selective snippets of his record, and the news media will not confront him on this issue. The news media of late keeps saying the Navy record supports Kerry's version. But no one will ask or confront the news media/reporters what documents, or what supporting documents they saw. If one thing the government and military are known for, it is paperwork, and that paperwork is somewhere.

I am not picking on Steve Gardner, as I think he is doing a excellent job presenting his case, but if you go to this site, http://www.wbt.com/hancock/index.cfm, you'll hear Steve talk about one of the accounts that differs from Kerry's. I know most of you guys are like me, Joe Six-pack, we are not public speakers, and when we do speak we tend to get overly explanative with un-need verbiage. K.I.S.S. more than ever should be the rule of the day. On this radio show Gardner talks about incident reports (that plural) but I have seen him on Bill O'Reilly's show and Joe Scarborough, and only on Scarborough show did he show the of the incident reports.

I think this fight is winnable, as Kerry's camp is becoming very flustered by all the news accounts, and TV ads that have been generated. Pick your fights carefully, some of these issues are only good for showing Kerry has taken liberty with the truth, others could very well do him in, once and for all. Maybe if one knowingly didn't deserve the medals in the first place, then throwing those honored medals in the dumpster meant very little to that person?
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFT,

I think that our local paper ran the same story that you referred to
in today's paper. I can see how you might have doubts about SBVT
because of the very clever way the article was written. The article
did refer to records that have been released by the Kerry campaign
that support his claims and seem to cast doubt on the Swiftvets, but
these are records that Kerry hand-picked just for that purpose. He
has NOT ever released his military records in their entirity, although
George Bush released his months ago.

If you are searching for the real truth and not the truth as you want
it to be, I would encourage you to spend some time reading through
the information on this website and to read "Unfit For Command".
Once you have done that, you should not be "undecided" any more!
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoopdy_Doopdy wrote:
]It is easy to say someone lied. Anybody can say that, but when you are trying to do a character assignation of a potential president...

Its not a character assaassination. More like merciful euthanasia since Kerry's character is already riddled with the cancer of lies and deception.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: