SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veterans deserting Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...enough of democrat bashing...THINK about it for a second. Who will be the lead speakers at the RNC? A lot of converted Democrats...so let's not run off the smart ones just to piss off the dumb ones. There are a lot of RIGHT headed dems and a few wrong headed republicans.

As I see it all that counts is that "W" gets 4 MORE YEARS.
dafrog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Newbie Reply with quote

I'm a newbie here, your not giving yourselves enough credit. The "Swifties" are being heard, loud and clear. They could very well be responsible for President Bush"s second term. The Swiftboat Vets are "makin' noise". Someone asked where they could get a copy of thier DD 214.. Look up your local veterans service officer, he will sent a letter to St. Louis requestig same and will even provide the stamp. 69-70-71 Mike Tompkins South Florida
sore loser
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to arrange to go to a rally on the capital steps Sept 12. If enough of us show up, sooner or later someone
is gonna listen. www.kerrylied.com for more details.

Last edited by sore loser on Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: is this a childrens site? Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
with all the bashing going around and the total blindness to what's really happening in this world, maybe you extreamists should take a break and watch some CSPAN. Contact your Congressman or even the Secretary of the Veterans Administration about our Budget cuts. You are all so blinded, all this hate is what is ruining this country and dividing it. This is one of the reasons the WORLD does hate America. We as a country espcially Vets need to mend. We need to unite our fellow Americans not cowardly divide them with childesh pranks and posts. Please do yoursevles a favor and learn the truth and wake up to what is really going on. Starting by getting off this terrible tyrade bulletins and go learn what's happening in our country. cspan.org, washingtonpost.com, newyorktimes.com, cnn.com. Use reliable info, not propaganda. as Ronald Reagan said " Has the last 4 years bennefited you?"

Oh for God's sake man, please don't trot out this stale crap. The VA Budget has increased over 45% under Bush. Don't believe it? Look it up for your damn self. Sheesh.

Ah, hell, I'll do it for you.
Budget for the Office of Veterans Affairs

2001 45,050,000,000
2002 50,884,000,000
2003 56,887,000,000
2004 60,318,000,000
2005 67,314,000,000 (Estimated)

Source: http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2005/
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2005/pdf/hist.pdf

So please don't trot out this tired old leftist rhetoric. The Bush administraiton has done more for vets than any previous administration in terms of funding for the VA. Man I get tired of the lies!
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, you guys have got me worried. If I have to cough up my DD-214, I could be searching through files for a while........Very Happy
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sore loser wrote:
I am trying to arrange to go to a rally on the capital steps Sept 12. If enough of us show up, sooner or later someone gonna listen.

Great -- I'll be there. Hope to meet you!

Doug
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
Notice all the new people the last three days! Methinks we are being mass trolled! There is no way that this many new veterans have found this site. A pro Kerry / Democratic / Liberal site has instituted a mass attack on this site!

Ignore all new people unless they send their DD214 to the moderators!

War Woof!

where do I send my DD 214 I would be glad to send it.
RGScott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
Notice all the new people the last three days! Methinks we are being mass trolled! There is no way that this many new veterans have found this site. A pro Kerry / Democratic / Liberal site has instituted a mass attack on this site!

War Woof!

The new members could be a response to Hanoi John’s blatant use of his Viet Nam service for political gain. In my case it is. I will be more than happy to Email you or anyone else a copy of my DD214 or 201 file - SSAN blacked out of course.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I wrote that on June 2nd, over two months ago. Jeez guys, lighten up! I'll delete it if it bothers you.

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents (and Ladies)!

I am a "newbie".

I don't have my DD214 readily available (got several from previous active duty tours after reverting to the reserve in 1980), but hopefully this will help:

https://lnweb1.manpower.usmc.mil/manpower/mm/MMPR/MMPR-1Me.nsf/0/80e1d2c3ac6f97a58625661900457df2?OpenDocument

Document is ALMAR 313/97, paragraph 4, name is Moroco.

Semper Fi, do or die!

“Go, stranger, and tell the Spartans that we fell here, in obedience to their commands.”
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:

War Woof!

War Dog...I bet you're surprised. Actually I'm surprised that more vets have not dropped by. I almost missed the forum, it probably needs a higher profile on the home page. HINT...HINT!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No documentation required unless a particular individual's postings raise "red flags," in which case said individual will be asked privately to name some unit numbers and history and data.

So far, the people who raise "red flags" shortly begin posting real troll material and are shown safely to "the brig." Wink
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rewarding to see the basic body of this organization and of America's true vets holding together, banded and functional, loyal, righteously indignant, proud, true, and filled with character bred by real lives and real trials. God bless each of us.

It is a truly great thing to see Kerry disintegrating. I have read that, while he did graduate from Yale, he did so with a low "C" average. He isn't the brightest bulb in the box. He was chosen by Ted "I Never Worked An Honest Day In My Life" Kennedy as a mentorable fool and has served as Kennedy's sponge quite well. But he is not a thinker, and handling him must be like trying to hold onto a thousand balls of jello. He's slimy and hasn't the brains to hold any of his fantastical stories together.

Truth is, we're blessed that the DNC chose him. He's a damned easy target. Our only real obstacle right now is to continue defeating the establishment press by wise and thorough use of the 'net and by hammering, hammering, hammering the hard-wired news outlets without pause. We can and will win this thing.

America rules.

I will always go back to my increasingly firm conviction that this whole thing is about nothing more, nothing less than judges. Major appointments are on the very visible horizon. Those who hate you so much hate you for your freedom, your honesty, your patriotism, your courage, your tenacity, your conviction, your family, and they want you under their closely monitored thumbs. That means no legislature to speak of. That means rule by judges, and we all have had quite the taste of that, haven't we?

Never stop writing. Never stop talking to people, especially to strangers. The people you know well probably already have a good idea of what you believe. Stay in touch with them, stay on the 'net, stay informed any way you can--including watching what the bad guys are doing so you don't get blind-sided. But be open to strangers, at gas stations or markets or wherever. Talk to people. Feel them out. Turn 'em onto SwiftVets or alternative internet-based news services. Get them into the truth.

We will do this thing, one heart at a time. We will do this thing.

Thanks for being there.
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
DrEntropy
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silenthunter wrote:
Quote:
Talk to people. Feel them out. Turn 'em onto SwiftVets or alternative internet-based news services.

heh... been doing just that! Wish I'd found SwiftVets before I did (thanks to Neal Boortz in my case). But now that I have, it's been given to anyone I come across. Yesterday in a clients' office it was bookmarked for the office mgr to disseminate to staff at will.

The Truth WILL out if we have anything to do with it ;-}

This site is gettin' th' buzz. It's a "good thing" IMHO.

USAF (weenie) '70~'74
601st Photo (Rat Pack): "We kill 'um with fil-um"

"The flames kindled on the fourth of July, seventeen hundred and seventy six, have spread over too much of the globe to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism." -- Thomas Jefferson
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:

War Woof!

Jeez WarDog:
I registered Tuesday, sent my DD214 to Latch@swiftvets.com on Wednesday requesting membership and the right to add my name to the
the letter to Senator Kerry demanding full disclosure of his military records. Today I made a monetary donation to the site. I was turned onto the site while listening to Rush. Although I never rode swifts with an American crew, I rode them frequently as an advisor when they were turned over to the VN Navy. I also know of a sailor friend of mine who started browsing this site this week. He aint a Swiftee, he was boatswain on a Mikeboat in DaNang. I think that the recent publicity has brought a lot of the VN Vets out of the woodwork. Just in case your paranoia is right, I will keep a watch out for pro Kerry trolls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: