SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would it be censorship to ban the Kerry Propgandists here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Response Reply with quote

[quote="NecAsperaTerra"]
Hesiod wrote:

BTW, I haven't read Kerry's books myself.

Kerry actually didn't write "Tour of Duty," which is the book that most details his time in Vietnam. It was written by Douglas Brinkley. Kerry made all his journals and letters available to him (they are now part of the University of New Orleans' library collection), but according to Brinkley he had no say in how the book was written.
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
sparky wrote:
NNN, have you truly looked deeply into why, exactly, you hate Kerry?

Because even though I only spent one tour on active duty, I still feel a sailor in every cell of my body. I still feel that oath to protect and defend down to my bones. I will still die for my country, should I be called upon to do that.

Because I defend and honor my brothers and sisters in service - the ones from the generations before me and the generations that have followed.

Because Kerry has no honor.

Because he has no regret for the part he played in slandering a whole generation of soldiers.

Because he has never apologized - indeed, his recent book, Tour of Duty, just repeats the same accusations and criticisms that he's levelled against his brothers in the past.

Only when it appeared that SBVFT might take off did he contact RADM Hoffman to ask him to reconsider his participation in such a group. Only then did he address the inaccuracies in Tour of Duty.

RADM Hoffman, speaking about the call he received from Kerry on about the 15th of March - apparently misunderstanding the reporter's question because of a hearing problem, here's what he said:

Quote:
"He said specifically that he figured that the, he thought that the book maligned me, unjustly, and uh, and he wanted to know how they could, uh, make corrections to the book for a forthcoming change or new edition to the Tour of Duty. And I didn't contribute anything. I thanked him and that was essentially it."

The book is released in January, but Kerry waits until three months later, when SBVFT is going public, before he calls someone who he thinks he has unjustly maligned to apologize and attempt to make corrections?

If he felt that his book unjustly maligned his former superior officer, why did he allow the book to be written that way? Why did he allow the galleys to go through as they were?

Just the timing of his attempt to right the record is very telling. It speaks eloquently of his lack of honor.

If you had read Douglas Brinkley's book, you would have noticed this last sentence in the Author's Note, speaking of Kerry's cooperation:

"He, however, exerted no editorial control on the manuscript." (Italics his)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eecee wrote:

LOL! Well, now that was pretty friggin' convenient - how totally rich!

And all too consistent with Kerry's history of duck and dodge behavior. So he IS consistent on some things! He continues to try to undermine the military at every opportunity and he continues to evade responsibility.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He continues to try to undermine the military at every opportunity and he continues to evade responsibility.

Every opportunity? You're not lying or exaggerating, are you NNN?

In 2002, John Kerry voted for a large increase in the defense budget. This increase provided more than $355 billion for the Defense Department for 2003, an increase of $21 billion over 2002. This measure includes $71.5 billion for procurement programs such as $279.3 million for an E-8C Joint Stars (JSTARS) aircraft. Kerry’s vote also funded a 4.1% pay increase for military personnel, $160 million for the B-1 Bomber Defense System Upgrade, $1.5 billion for a new attack submarine, more than $630 million for Army and Navy variants of the Blackhawk helicopter, $3.2 billion for additional C-17 transports and more than $800 million for Trident Submarine conversion.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Please don't Censor Reply with quote

HI Everyone,

I was just scanning through your website and decided to join. I found your topic on censoring interesting for this reason. I was on the John Kerry website earlier and signed up so I could post something I had recieved in the email. I thought I was being polite and asked a simple question. I would like to be able to make a very informed decision before voting. Well I went back to check out the site this afternoon, apparently I offended them with my question and the info I had posted so what did they do.........they censored my posting by removing it.

I was already pretty sure I was going to vote again for GWB, I just wanted to see how the other side would re-act. Since they removed my posting..........I will make sure I remove GWB's chad.

I am glad I found this site, for what reading I have done so far, I can see even the ones who disagree with Bush can post.
NecAsperaTerra

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Censoring goes on here too. Reply with quote

Censoring goes on here too. If you were to offer negative (true, but negative) information about any of those who started the organization, you might find your post deleted when you returned.

Ask yourself: Why would a small group of people who have known the senator a long time, two of whom gave him glowing evaluations in country, go to this effort to discredit the man? Because they don't have anything better to do? I doubt it.

Interesting that the election is coming up soon, isn't it? Rove must be very afraid of the senator.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Every opportunity? You're not lying or exaggerating, are you NNN?

This niggling from a major practitioner of disinformation and hyperbole. Rolling Eyes I notice you evaded all my points but this one.

So.... how many "yea" votes you got there, sparky?

Out of how many votes, total?

Looking at his Senate voting record, any military-minded person can see where this guy will take the military.... right back to the Jimmy Carter years.

BTDT. Don't want to friggin do it, again....

And I don't want this generation to have to do it, either. Our younger brothers and sisters deserve far better than an Kerry CinC, for many more reasons than I have time to list, but this is one.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Censoring goes on here too. Reply with quote

NecAsperaTerra wrote:
Interesting that the election is coming up soon, isn't it? Rove must be very afraid of the senator.

You are tooooo funny!!!!

Look at all the baseless bullsnit that's been tossed around at these vets! The posts are still sitting there.

The fact that this board has been a beehive of troll activity speaks very loudly to exactly WHO is afraid.

Want to see who's REALLY sweating bullets? Visit the Kerry boards. Visit www.f***edcompany.com (put in the right letters where there are asterisks) and **

Navymomx2 wrote:
I was on the John Kerry website earlier and signed up so I could post something I had recieved in the email. I thought I was being polite and asked a simple question. I would like to be able to make a very informed decision before voting. Well I went back to check out the site this afternoon, apparently I offended them with my question and the info I had posted so what did they do.........they censored my posting by removing it.

You're not the first - I know of dozens of people who have had polite requests for information removed from the Kerry boards. I've watched them go up and I've watched them disappear.

You're in good company. Wink
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
eecee wrote:

And all too consistent with Kerry's history of duck and dodge behavior. So he IS consistent on some things! He continues to try to undermine the military at every opportunity and he continues to evade responsibility.

LOL - You just brought to mind of that Monte Python skit where the folks wanted to burn the witch.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
LOL - You just brought to mind of that Monte Python skit where the folks wanted to burn the witch.

Well now, just who did you have in mind to tie to the stake, Craig? Wink
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Please don't Censor Reply with quote

Navymomx2 wrote:

I am glad I found this site, for what reading I have done so far, I can see even the ones who disagree with Bush can post.

Yea - I am certainly a Bush opposer - though that does not mean that I think so highly of Kerry.
I kinda got off to a bad start because my first two posts was deleted. One didn't matter - I was just asking about the deletion of posts by someone who the Administrator told me was part of the original troll folks who pretty well trashed the site right out the gate.
The other one I thought might been a sign that Admin' was going to be a bit of tyrant - but since then I think he has been not deleteing stuff that I would - Well, maybe was just asleep at the wheel for a bit there. Were I Admin' I would have deleted anything to that top group "Welcome ...."

Maybe I clipped more than I should of your message. Even were I an undecided on who I will certainly not vote for I would not let attitudes of folks in this here group sway my view of the candidates at all. Censor my posts and I would be miffed at the censor but not at Bush on that account.

Oh well, what-where is that Kerry group you speak of? Got a link? I think i might like to go there and get censored and then see how many nyms I can come up with and play gadfly if they pull that sort of crap. - Maybe even some of the folks who were first trashing this forum could be pursuaded - well, I know they don't like Bush a lot but I don't know that means they are tremendous fans of censorship in general ... ?? - I dunno. I have not gotten around to getting aquainted with them yet. I posted a post but I think the chances be slim to even discover it again and find if it got response at all.

Oh - I bee good here and stick to expressing my views of this and that. After a little exchange I determined the Administrator to have treated me respectfully enough so I will try to reciprocate in that. Just because one might disagree with a person does not mean that they must act in dishonorable fashion toward each other.
But start name calling - like call me a liberal and I am one to take it right to the bottom and say stuff about your momma. I like reasonable exchange but the invective sort is fun too. - Seems easiest to find a lot of the latter though ........ Shame.......
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Censoring goes on here too. Reply with quote

[quote="Navy_Navy_Navy"]
NecAsperaTerra wrote:

The fact that this board has been a beehive of troll activity speaks very loudly to exactly WHO is afraid.

Want to see who's REALLY sweating bullets? Visit the Kerry boards. Visit www.f***edcompany.com (put in the right letters where there are asterisks) and **

Now you are just doing lying slander - or you can get off the hook by claiming that you did not adequately read what them folks is about. At worst they is prankish sorts who would be mostly of "liberal" leaning - maybe as much as you would find the most of folks in the Drama department at your local school would likely be most liberal leaning.

The counterpart to blame on "right wind" would be to go to some white supremist or skinhead. - And the kids with them sort of leanings is really hard to diferentiated from the lefty ones. - Talking about online pranksters. In mundane life there seems to be greater of the violent prone that could be blamed on the right wing -
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
eecee wrote:

I guess you didn't notice that the author in question was Douglas Brinkley.
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Please don't Censor Reply with quote

Navymomx2 wrote:

But the people who started this site are quite insistent that they are not pro-Bush.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Craig wrote:

Well now, just who did you have in mind to tie to the stake, Craig? Wink

LOL - Difficult to describe.
First that came to mind was "She turned me into a newt" .... then "Well, I got better."

Hey! I would go along with a lot of stuff that Kerry is a bit of a wank (Maybe I could think up better name calling - but that is just what I call "nagative noise" [get at me with personal message if you would care to go into some of my views in depth]

For the most part people seem to be repeating the same litany about Kerry even when it is demonstrated that he did not say things that detractors said that Kerry said.

Oh well, since whenever you caught my attention I have gone one way and another if I thought you be reasonable person with whom I disagree for the most part or if you be unreasonable person who I would not much care for squat whether we might agree on any issue.
Reaching agreements means more to me than the actually agreeing on some specific thing - but that is OT for here.

Anyway - while myself is a bit of 'tsk-tsk' about that first Kerry PH I do not see it as such great issue other than pissed off folks will magnify the daylight out of anything they can think of to denegrate the object of their ire.
Myself would think that the folks who want to make great issue of Bush and Kerry war records might ought to be sent to their own room.
Maybe Kerry has been a bit of wishy washy on some things - but there is so much ******** about it that I find it difficult to sort out more for the sake of lying, distorting ******** who oppose Kerry than for sake of worshippers of the Democrat God who support. (as opposed to the worshippers of the Republican God.)

But no. I would not tie you to a stake. You can do that yourself.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: