SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry American Legion speech preview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="I guess he hasn't figured out that the SBVT's have more courage and loyal supporters than he does. [/quote]

Cool He's ablout to find out what its really like to be up against a "numerically powerful force"
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: American Legion... Reply with quote

C'mon American Legion. Show the nation that you have the guts to reject his denial as a flagrant lie. Turn your back, demand Form 180, demand an apology, or anything...SOMETHING!
oflyboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The American Legion will be in the spot light as much as Kerry. If they have the courage to stand up for the principles of the American Veterans, they will reap the rewards of increase membership. Cheer Kerry and membership will decline and it will take a lot to recover. There comes a time for an organization to stand up and be recoginized. Today we will find out if the Legion is in fact for or aganist the American Veterans.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the following link:

http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_rating_category.php?can_id=S0421103

for some of Kerry's voting record, and I think the American Legion might be a little upset with John-John.

Quote:
2003 On the votes that the The American Legion considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

I'm waiting to see what happens.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
This should be good. Let's see if the American Legion guys have any backbone. Pay attention to the reaction, they're always looking for new members.

Having just recently joined the Legion myself and received my FIRST newsletter, I can tell you it looks to me based on that very newsletter that they are a LONG way off (at least in Wisconsin) of hitting their goal for membership.

I haven't been a member long enough to have a feel for where they stand...the newsletter generally presented positions of both candidates to let it's membership decide.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Cooper wrote:
I liken John Kerry to the fireman that starts a fire so he can get the glory for putting it out - let's call him for what he really is A Congenital

S O C I O P A T H ! ! !

Yup, a classic textbook example indeed!

Zell Miller
BARman29
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrogance in action Folks!!!
Kerry thnks he can take them on??
All he had to do was be contrite. Even Jane Freakin' Fonda apologized in the late 80's. And she never served (America) a day in her life in Vietnam!
God Bless Kerry, he is the best friend George Bush has! I am more convinced than I have been in months that the President may get a landslide, and not just electoral either.
If there is one thing America can't stand, it's an arrogant, rich, whiny, pedantic, New England blue blood snob whose pretentious, holier-than-thou, I'm smarter than you da**it attitude keeps shining through.
Sorry for the rant. I'm done.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the veterans on this board know any of the VFW people in Nashville?
It's to bad ( or maybe it has happened) that our people are not ther to give out flyers and be in the crowd as examples.
works4me
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that sociapaths never see wrong in themselves.
Always the other guys fault.

This is the best thing to happen to the swifties,
They're wrong and out to get him, he will get to play heroic hero again.

God what a lunatic, pray he doesn't get near the button.
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I caught the speech. He got polite applause, no discernible boos, and some big applause in promising to increase vets benefits and not raise medical copays. Relatively cool reception otherwise. No shots of anyone turning their backs.

But I enjoyed where he said in his usual stentorian tones that "No one... NO ONE... doubted" that the U.S. would achieve a swift military victory in Iraq.

Uhh... except for Time, Newsweek, the New York Times, and many leading democrats who decried the "quagmire" when we were "bogged down" in Nasiriya and Najaf. Anyone remember that? Same things were said by the same actors during the Afghanistan campaign.

Nothing galls me more than a phony.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: