SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly to host John O'Neill?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly Reply with quote

To all,

My message to O'Reilly is not a pithy for public consumption e-mail. It is intended to sway Bill's personal convictions to our side. If enough people sign on he might be persuaded because, like all media - its a numbers game. Moreover he is a big dog in the media circus, and where he goes many will follow.

Skipper
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have been half asleep when a future interview was announced because I find O'Reilly is becoming b-o-r-i-n-g, but I thought I heard the person named was John NELSON. Anyone else hear it this way?
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have been half asleep when a future interview was announced because I find O'Reilly is becoming b-o-r-i-n-g, but I thought I heard the person named was John NELSON. Anyone else hear it this way?
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Wonder why the double post? Sorry.
canman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post here but I have been watching, reading, and am waiting for my local Barnes and Noble to finally get Unfit in so I can more intelligently respond.

Personally, I believe SwiftVets are great Americans and believe John Kerry lied and exagerated about his service in vietnam.

I can understand your anger at BOR over his brushing off many of the statements they have made about John Kerry.

Now for the hard part. In BOR's defense, I believe he is trying to give Kerry the benefit of a doubt with regards to his medals and actual service. After seeing George Bush (41) and Bob Dole's wartime actions in WWII questioned insidiously by their political opponent's, I am particularly sensitive anytime someone questions a veterans service to our country.

I have seen BOR accept that criticism of John Kerry's anti war activities are fair game. I have also seen him acknowledge that John Kerry lied about being in Cambodia Christmas Eve.

I think that if O'Neil gets on, he may sway BOR to his side rather than his current position of treating it as a "he said, she said" issue. When a guest honestly answers questions without spin and has backup, they end up in some instances gaining a grudging acknowledgement from him.

Anyway, thank you again for the sacrifice you are making to assure the truth is known about John Kerry before it is too late.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Bill O'Reilly Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
llano wrote:
In defense of BOR (I'm a some time fan), he had a democrat of some type on his show a few weeks ago. The guest mentioned SBVT and BOR asked what was that? Then the guest began to chastise BOR for not knowing that SBVT were getting attention on all the cable new shows, etc.
I think BOR is out of touch with a lot of things, much like the politicians he criticizes.

And then when he found out about the swiftees he proceeded to trash them without giving them a fair hearing. That is what we are complaining about. He admits he still has not read the book. Flush..........there goes the credibility. Buh Bye BOR!!!

I have sent out numerous e-mails to Fox and most are opened, but the one to BOR is always returned unopened about the SBVT...Why?
Looks like the guy is getting too big for himself. I have been a faithful viewer of his show for sometime, now I will be a faithful pain in his ? Evil or Very Mad
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret. wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath on a any BOR deals as he only toot's his own horn if it benifits BOR. He has found a new word "Pithy" that someone e-mailed him and used it and now he beats it to death.

The BIG FOX is in Kerry's bag and BOR only selects what he want to put out about the truth about Kerry.

Kerry's going down fast now & the add's the Swift's are doing their job. All the Media is flip-flopping around to grab claim to say "I Told Ya So" as they see the crumbling Demmy's distance themself from Kerry. Even Big Teddy has gone into hidding.

Well said: OOH-YAH!
Malvern
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: O'Neill and O'Reilly Reply with quote

Below is one of the emails I sent to O'Reilly and numerous other tv news anchors and analysts. The answers to these questions are pretty obvious.
***Email****
From the beginning I've had two questions:
1) What if the SwiftBoat Vets for the Truth are right?
2) Where is the line between "telling the truth albeit negative" and "smear."

Until such time that it is proven that SwiftVets are lying, anyone accusing them of smearing is being completely irresponsible.

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/29/230923.shtml
Sunday, Aug. 29, 2004 11:07 p.m. EDT
Kerry Stonewalling on Medals Mystery

Chicago Sun-Times reporter Thomas Lipscomb said Sunday that he's tried to reach Kerry campaign spokesman Michael Meehan 10 times about the controversy - all without response.

"I [also] tried to get John Hurley, head of Veterans for Kerry, to give me reaction," Lipscomb told WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg on Sunday. But he wouldn't respond either.

On Friday, Lipscomb reported that former Navy Secretary John Lehman is challenging citations posted to Kerry's campaign Web site that include his signature.

"It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," Lehman said.

B.G. Burkett, author of the definitive book on fraudulent medals, "Stolen Valor," told Lipscomb there's a problem with the citation for Kerry's "Silver Star with Combat V."

"I've run across several claims for Silver Stars with combat V's, but they were all in fake records," he told Lipscomb.

Several of the military records that appear on Kerry's Web site "appear to be fraudulent, according to U.S. Navy standards," the Sun-Times reporter told Malzberg.

"The Navy is now saying Kerry's records are incorrect," he added. "He's not entitled to this award. He's not entitled to that award. This is a new ballgame.

***End of article***End of email***

This article was posted on Newsmax Aug 29th, so it's really old news at this point. But, take heart, if Lehman is really looking into this, watch out!

I hate to see O'Neill and the other true heroes maligned, but there is part of me that is just sitting back and waiting for the time that all these folks who are maligning our Swifties end up with more than egg on their faces. Let’s see of O’Reilly is better at apologizing than Jeanine Garafalo was.

Linda Kulp
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjg wrote:
HE NEEDS TIME TO READ THE BOOK! Surprised

Welll, that makes me laugh, all this time he has been so uppity about
the Swiftvets and he has not read the book.

If Mr. O'Neill goes on , he better treat him right or he is in REAL trouble.

O'Reilly better read UFC if O'Neill is going to be on. He had Ann Coulter on, not having read her book, "Treason", and she made him look really, really bad. As simple as ithat was. But having read both books, it's painful to watch O'Reilly try to control things.

Heck, how much they payin' that guy?
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeFreedom wrote:
Quote:

Anxiously awaiting Tuesday 07 September 2004 and am cautiously optimistic.

markasass, Is this a confirmed date for Mr. O'Neill to be on BOR's show? Gotta setup the VCR for this one!

I am trying to get confirmation for this, GiveMeFreedom. I sent the following e-mail to BOR via the private Premium Member e-mail, oreilly@foxnews.com, and bill.oreilly@foxnews.com. I will copy BOR's response to the SwiftVets' site as soon as I receive it.

Quote:
Dear Bill:

Many on the SBVT web site are asking, “Are you sure?” that John O’Neill, co-author of Unfit for Command, is going to be a guest on the Tuesday 07 September 2004 edition of “The O’Reilly Factor” on the Fox News channel.

I thought I heard you say this on “The Radio Factor”, and many on the Premium Member Feedback Zone are reporting this.

Would you please confirm this to be true, so I may pass on this confirmation to the SBVT onlookers? If true, this should be a ratings “smash”.

Again, please consider having Mr. O’Neill on for at least two or three segments (like you did Bono) or, preferably, for an entire one-hour special.

Finally, please make a public request that Mr. Kerry sign the “180” AND release all the contemporaneous journals, diaries, notes, letters, and home movies that Mr. Brinkley used in writing Tour of Duty.

Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation and assistance. Both are much appreciated.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, I'm hoping for confirmation, via the SwiftVets "Appearances: Swift Vets on the Air" on this site, which hasn't been updated since 27 August. This would be all the confirmation I need.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, this is becoming a non productive tangent. The truth is out there, let O'Reilly find it, or wind up with egg on his face. It's not the job of the swift vets to convince O'Reilly of anything, and energy is being wasted, energy that may be put to better use elsewhere. The fact that he hasn't read the book is evidence of this being a Quixotic effort on our part.
angrylady
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the Swiftboats, today O'Reilly said Zell Miller was just like Michael Moore.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
IMO, this is becoming a non productive tangent. The truth is out there, let O'Reilly find it, or wind up with egg on his face. It's not the job of the swift vets to convince O'Reilly of anything, and energy is being wasted, energy that may be put to better use elsewhere. The fact that he hasn't read the book is evidence of this being a Quixotic effort on our part.

You make an excellent point. BOR has already missed the boat. I'm just hoping he will help convince a few "independents", who he claims are the vast majority of his viewing and listening audience, that Kerry is truly UNFIT FOR COMMAND, just like the SBVTs have been saying all along.

In some of the swing states, BOR being influenced that the SBVTs are not "just another Michael Moore type", like he's previously claimed, might be the difference. I don't know, but I don't believe anything can be lost by having Mr. O'Neill present the SBVT case, again, on national TV?

markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bystander wrote:

I didn't hear it that way, but I'm pretty old and hard of hearing, so who knows? Very Happy I AM trying to track this down and confirm. When I do, I'll post it here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: