SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWS: Navy Challenging Kerry's Medals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
We all know the snail's pace of the bureaucracy's, but maybe they have some incentive to really move on this one. I have an idea that those in charge will pressure the fast tracking of this case.

I gotta believe that there are a lot of people in the Navy who are dying to look into Kerrys records. I don't believe there are too many friends of Kerry in the Navy. (note to John: Payback's a *****!)
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
zinfella wrote:
We all know the snail's pace of the bureaucracy's, but maybe they have some incentive to really move on this one. I have an idea that those in charge will pressure the fast tracking of this case.

I gotta believe that there are a lot of people in the Navy who are dying to look into Kerrys records. I don't believe there are too many friends of Kerry in the Navy. (note to John: Payback's a b****!)

AMEN TO THAT! Twisted Evil

- instigator
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“If you wind up being less than what you’re pretending to be, there is a major confrontation with value and self-esteem and your sense of how others view you.”

Wow. I am amazed that Kerry said that. "By your own words shall ye be known". I doubt, though, that the Navy will want to do anything while a presidential campaign is in full progress. To quote Bush '41, "wouldn't be prudent." Who knows, though, we could be surprised. I hope so.

Larry

-----------------------------------------------
"Who among us does not love NASCAR" -- John Kerry.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York Times is slanted crap worse than most of the papers out there, but if they say there is an investigation or report of an event, i tend to believe it. Im not calling anyone here a liar but im just giving my opinion that Newsmax and freerublic tend to overexaggerate and oversensationalize a small story into a big one and i advise waiting to see if it comes to fruition before reporting it as fact.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Navy wants to look into and release portions of Kerry's records, this is a sure-fire way to do it. I have a feeling this story is going to pick up some steam, and we're going to start to see some "leaks" fairly quickly. Another "flank" attack for Kerry to defend against. If his campaign staff starts to appear sleepless and stressed, we'll have a good indication. We need to keep the pressure on and see if some of them quit. I believe they will. Very Happy
Lendorien
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I have with an official Navy investigation is that if, by chance, they do come to a conclusion int he next 2 months that is against Kerry, Kerry will cry foul and accuse bush of performing a schmere campaign against him using his "friends" in the navy. While this may sould like the squakings of a turkey to some, other's like the many who believe that the Swiftvets are simply a front for bush, will gobble up Kerry's accusations as gospel truth.

The legitimacy of the investigation will be questioned, as willt he speed of the inquiry. Why, when it takes years for others, was this matter rushed through in 2 months? Were the people who did it fully impartial, especially given the fact that it was rushed?

And it's not like republicans in office haven't misused their stations before... Nixon comes to mind.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Lendorien on Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, boy, just what we need - another excuse to hear four more years of whining that this Presidency is illegitimate. Rolling Eyes

If the Navy comes out with any official report on this before the election, I would be VERY surprised. I am going to PRAY that the Navy won't address this in any way until after the election. When an official Navy spokesman announces something, I'll listen.

As BrianC has pointed out, what newsmax says is not what newsmax wants you to think it says.

This is a story from last week, dressed up with some new verbiage to add credibility. The extra verbiage doesn't even address Kerry's situation, specifically, I might add.

To top it all off, it looks to me like Lipscomb is wrong about the four stars - cipher has posted a pretty clear case that each one of those devices were earned... check out the Consolidation thread in R & R - I think he added a link to his list of campaigns for which Kerry was eligible for those devices.

This is a very tiny part of the story, even if all of it is true.

Let's work on VVAW and WSI and meeting with the enemy in Paris so that visitors in the next couple of weeks will get an eye full of real meat.

Thanks,
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Navy Department and Kerry Reply with quote

Judicial watch has submitted their complaint and the following
is a link (PDF document and you need adobe acrobat to read it)
stamp dated Sept 1 2004

http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2004/navykerry.pdf

"On August 18, 2004, Judicial Watch filed a complaint and request for
investigation and final disposition of awards granted to Kerry with the
Inspectors General of the Department of Defense and the Department
of the Navy, as well as the Chief of Naval Operations and the Navy’s
Board of Decorations and Medals."

Their (JW) website is:
http://www.judicialwatch.org/
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:

Well, one would think that if a former Secretary of the Navy says that his signature has been misused, that would be taken pretty seriously.
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do we want the navy to come out with a report after the election ?? what would kerry do pardon himself if he won the election ?? this could be the biggest mess if he was to become president and then have to step down
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, SECNAV Lehman has not said that his signature has been misused, to my knowledge.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lendorien wrote:
The only problem I have with an official Navy investigation is that if, by chance, they do come to a conclusion int he next 2 months that is against Kerry, Kerry will cry foul and accuse bush of performing a schmere campaign against him using his "friends" in the navy. While this may sould like the squakings of a turkey to some, other's like the many who believe that the Swiftvets are simply a front for bush, will gobble up Kerry's accusations as gospel truth.

The legitimacy of the investigation will be questioned, as willt he speed of the inquiry. Why, when it takes years for others, was this matter rushed through in 2 months? Were the people who did it fully impartial, especially given the fact that it was rushed?

And it's not like republicans in office haven't misused their stations before... Nixon comes to mind.

Just a thought.

There is an important point here. Kerry has already called the "Navy" the be-all end-all source that documented his record. If the record is wrong, his feet have just been cut from under. The attacks will keep coming and this is something the Media will bit into - no matter how liberal they are. The former Secretary of the Navy said he didn't write it. If this is true - or not (doesn't matter either way, Lehman is protecting his record) the Navy has to investigate it. The results will be the same as the Navy Captain who is now serving time. You cannot imprison one person and let the other go for the same crime. This will take a big chunk out of Kerry's hide - may even the portion that supposedly still has shrapnel. Cool

Trying to compare this to Nixon will backfire! This means you are saying the people in the Navy are corrupt. That will not do! I can speak for a majority of my fellow shipmates - Kerry doesn't get a pass on this one. We loved Admiral Borda very much and he killed himself over the same controversy. The only difference is Borda deserved his medals (even though the paperwork was not updated), Kerry did not.

- instigator
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief, I pray you are correct...

My only fear is this will not occur until after the election...

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy Chief: In your opinion, from what you know right now (and I don't need to hear any details), does this story have legs as far as an official Navy investigation? Yes/No
Thanks
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to the geedunk, shortly....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: