SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I (USED TO) disagree with SBVFT's tactics....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe Kerry is being denigrated for his service in Vietnam. I believe he's being denigrated for his fraudulent portrayal of his service in Vietnam, his slanderous-and-traitorous speeches and behavior after returning from service in Vietnam, and his Neville Chamberlain-like voting, and absent-without-leave attendance, records while Senator. Nothing more. Nothing less.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
196lib
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: 1st Lt. Infantry,Combat Platoon Ldr, Vietnam Reply with quote

Enough of the credentials, already. I come from family wherein service to their country,ie,grandfather in WWI,father,two uncles in WWII and Korea and myself and cousin in Vietnam was and is considered honorable. Now, for Mr. Kerry. Not ALL officers were self-serving egotist wanting only to pad their service records with medal. This is not to say I did not come in contact with many that were,ie,my company commander,my battalion commander and the brigade commander. I saw plenty of combat and was awarded the purple heart and bronze star with "V". I lost 5 men from my platoon as well as 60% of my O.C. company to combat in Vietnam. All served honorably and well. Good friends and comrades in arms. Mr. Kerry served himself as demonstrated by retired Admiral Lehman stating he never signed nor saw Mr. Kerry's Silver Star special orders. Mr. O'Neil stating Mr. Kerry's award of his 1st purple was self-inflicted while screwing around with an M-79 and blowing up a rock from which a tiny piece of sharnel nicked his finger. Having requested a purple heart from his C.O.
and having been turned down he waited until the new C.O. came on board and that guy awarded him the purple heart. All commanding officers could write up their own versions of after action reports and commendations and awards even for themselves. This turncoat denigrated all of us who served honorably in Vietnam by his remarks in 1971 and his statements to the press in 1973. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. All vets should turn their backs on him and not honor him or his "service record".

com
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I disagree with SBVFT'S tactics Reply with quote

Texas cop
you answered your own disagreement just a couple of replies down.
QUOTE: Some officers served with honor and integrity.
The SBVFT that run this sight are the only one's that know for sure about Kerry's service.
They felt strong enough about his fraudulant claims to go public about them. Since that time they have been called LIERS, FOOLS, DISGRUNTLED VETS WITH A BONE TO PICK, and lots more, I mean lots more.
They may never have came forward, if not for the fact that, he is trying to use this nations third highest medal for valor, to slither into the White House.
Have a good day and be safe on the job. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One short observation.

Never is the truth the wrong tactic. There is no way to put a silver saddle on Jackass John. It doesn't fit. Why he continues to make false claims and have his little Jackasses screaming liar is totally amazing to me. The national media hasn't investigated, and probably will not investigate the truth. WE as veterans must set the record straight.

Michael Guest

Michael,
Thank you for that analysis....short, to the point, and something every Vet should easily accept. That Benedict Arnold was a veteran doesn't change his stripes. "Once a Traitor, always a Traitor" is the only campaign slogan that should be allowed to stand in the end.

BT
TexasCop
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After quite a lot of difficulty, I have found a copy of Unfit for Command. I can't tell you how many bookstores wanted to put me on waiting lists for a copy. I stumbled across a copy this evening. As a matter of fact, it was the last copy in the store! I can't wait to dig in.

I'll let you guys know if I change my opinion after reading all the facts.
Survivor of the Dept. of Homeland Security COBRATF Live Agent facility (HUAH!)
USMC-Pride
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great--It is an eye opener! I have heard of lots of people having trouble getting the book. I have never heard of anyone having a hard time finding a book that is #1 on the new york times best seller list for 3 weeks now. HMMMM????? Coordination maybe???? NAW! John Kerry wouldn't allow anything like that to happen. Rolling Eyes
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mine Fri. at a barnes and noble bookstore near Ohio State--I walked in and saw the table with the 'bestsellers'?? Unfit wasn't on the table(suprise Smile ). I had to ask -nobody seemed to know where it was -but finally I was led to the bookrack-near the front and found 12 copies-hooray- I finally got it and as expected it tells the 'truth' about john kerry VN and anti-war Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I also found picked up Tommy Franks new book right next to Unfit. A great daily double -with lots of reading to do Very Happy Very Happy
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liberals feel like its their God Given right to take swipes at a conservative president/candidate, but when the shoe is on the other foot? "Waaa,waaa,waaa,waaa"..... I dont blame these Swifters for being angry, this guy is just bad news all the way around.

I just plain despise him. Most of all I despise his actions after he left that war, while his brothers in arms were still in POW camps. It would be one thing if he was just plain on a morality trip. But the worst part of it all is he was a political opportunist. I never thought the Fonda crowd ever fave a damn about our boys who were fighting in Vietnam. I didnt think it then and I dont think it now. I think they were just a bunch of hippie's who wanted to get high, *** ****, and avoid paying a debt they owed their country.

Man I just despise that crowd. Sorry to sound so bitter but Ive had it up to here with the screechy,whiney liberals........Rich
TexasCop
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to rescind my original post. I really wasn't aware enough of the facts to formulate my original opinion. I've completed half of Unfit for Command. Most importantly I've finished the portions about his time in Vietnam. I was completely shocked, to say the least. He pre-planned the beaching of his boat the night before just to get a medal???? Jesus Christ, what a misguided cowboy.

I officially change my opinion. I fully believe the author and the veterans quoted in the book. Given what I know now, I must say this........WEAR HIS ASS OUT! I hate glory seekers. Mad
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can edit the title of the thread if you choose. "I used to disagree?" Wink

Or you can leave it as it stands - doesn't really matter. The most important thing is that you kept an open mind until you could get the facts.

It's been 32 days, now, since the book has come out.

John Kerry has yet to answer to a single charge made in that book.

His campaign has been forced to back off on three different claims made by Kerry, but Kerry himself, addresses NONE of it.

Not a single word.

That silence is deafening.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Texascop,
I read your first post and almost missed your second, where
you are reading Unfit for Command.

Kerry is no hero except to those in this country who are uninformed.

As John OŽNeill said yesterday at the rally, (paraphrase)
Kerry isnŽt fit to tie the shoes of those real Swift Boat heros
(present in the audience)

Montana
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Cop....

As you can see from all the comments on just this one thread that opinions vary about Kerry's record prior to testifying before Congress in April of '71. Some feel his service was noble, some believe he was a hero and others have nothing but complete disdain for him, Vietnam time included. But we unanimously agree that Kerry should never become President and CIC. I will not vote for Kerry in November for a number of reasons, the main one for his false testimony regarding atrocities, which shamed and demeaned so many honorable men and women. I also include myself with those who consider him a fake, a pretender to the highest office of our country.

I had a picture taken back in the '70 of my six brothers and I together, all who served in either the Army or Air Force from WWII onward. One of the seven was a career soldier who fought in three wars. There is no doubt in my mind that at sometime in those conflicts, they saw what can be described as atrocities. We know the human animal is capable of some the most incredible acts of violence against his fellow man and yet, we also know how compassionate he can be, which, thank God, is the most prevalent of the two characteristics. John Kerry elected to label us all with the former and for that I can never forgive him.....let his Creator deal with that subject.

If Kerry was in front of me, I'd probably deck him, but before I did, I'd ask him, Why, WHY did you choose to disgrace so many fine men? Why did you consort with the enemy? Why did you burn the flag? Why did you trample on so many in your quest for power? I'm pretty sure of the answers without asking him but I would want to hear it from him without any mouthpieces around to defend him. Kerry is one of those people who lacks integrity, humility, loyalty, responsibility, compassion and so many other attributes necessary to be strong leader. Kerry is about Kerry; he answers to nobody, never has, never will.

I have nothing but disgust for John Kerry and for those who defend him. He doesn't deserve to be in the same room with any veteran.
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Unfit for Command Reply with quote

Although John Kerry is technically a 'Nam veteran predicated on his abbreviated 4 month "tour" I have nothing but disdain for him. Based on information that has surfaced about the specifics of his commendations and the merits of his service I would conclude that he and I do not share anything in common with respect to our service in 'Nam. He didn't then, and does not have now, any sense of brotherhood with those who dutifully served. I have experienced some very deep, heart-felt emotions the times I have visited the Wall or its travelling replicas; I have never heard John Kerry make any mention of thoughts or emotions he might have pertaining to this subject. Perhaps so because he really doesn't have any connection to the strife and agony that made combat what it was in 'Nam. On the other hand, if he did mention the wall he would no doubt get fragged off the face of the planet because he would, and rightly so, come across as being disingenuous.

When he returned to the World he made disparaging remarks about the very men he was serving with in the "Nam. I wish I could convey to you my, and other 'Nam veterans, sense of emptyness when the likes of Kerry and Jane Fonda were spewing their garbage to all who would listen. It was definitely a different time and a different generation and unless you personally experienced it, it is difficult to fathom.

Kerry and his bunch.............."it don't mean 'nothin"

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
Rangers Lead the Way!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Cop: When I first read your post that started this thread, way back when, I took some time out for some soul searching and some deep research. I, too, was very conflicted about attacking anyone's service in Vietnam, even considering what John Kerry had done after he returned, and how it affected myself and many of my friends. The more I learned about Kerry, however, the more I came to realize that he's not a "hero", nor is he worthy of any respect, no matter how many medals he was "awarded" by the Navy. I'm glad to see you came around after doing some research yourself. It's really hard to grasp just how conniving the guy is, and how he gamed the system so well, to come out of it in 4 months as a "highly decorated hero", then used that to promote himself into his position of power today. It does my heart good to see that you reached the same conclusion. This isn't pleasant, but it has got to be done for the sake of our friends, family and country. It takes a lot more guts to stand up and fight this guy than it does to sit back and hope for the best. Thanks and keep the faith, brother.
TexasCop
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Wing. I was merely misinformed and ignorant on the Kerry topic, to be perfectly honest. Unfit for Command was very well laid out and very well written. I fully understand the motivations of the SBVFT guys now and fully support the tactics they had used. My original assumptions were that Kerry did his duty THEN became an ass. I didn't know that he had built his entire life and military career around so many lies. But, I know now and an informed vote is the best vote. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: