SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So how long till this happens here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply remove all the "gun registration" laws, which don't work anyway.
Don't you think terrorists would hesitate a bit longer if they were unsure about whether some or all the victims might be armed?
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick and jwb have the right idea. There is no way that the police or our military can protect us here at home from a determined enemy that hopes to die in an attack. Therefor we must be able to protect ourselves at all times. The most effective means of self defense today is a personal firearm. The Israels have mostly stopped the type of attach that happened in Russia by allowing there citizens to be armed, that is why the terrorist have mostly switched to suicide bombing. I believe that if you live in a state that allows concealed weapons permits(should not need them but not everyone believes what the 2nd amendment says) it is your duty to jump through the hoops and get the license, practice and carry at all times. If your state does not allow it, it is our duty to elect politicians that will work to change the laws so that we can protect ourselves. An armed society is a polite society and safe society.
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brace yourselves - I believe something like it will happen here. The difference would be that Bush would do something decisive, whereas Kerry would send Edwards to the World Court to file an injunction against the terrorists demanding they free thier hostages while arbitrations are held. Then Kerry would ask the UN to take up the debate so he will not offend the sensitivties of our international peers. He would never take any action that would place our Armed Forces in harm's way unless he could get the rest of the world's blessing, would he?

After Ad Nauseum UN resolutions stating the terrorists should make nice and not take hostages, or blow anybody up, or fly any airplanes into any buildings or any of that terror stuff, lest they face "further consequences," he might reluctantly suggest we all surrender and bring an honorable end to this nightmare we have brought upon our selves.

He is insane, in my opinion. He has, after all, stated that the war on terror is the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't think he has a clue what IS right.

Maybe after the election, should Bush win, our Commander in cheif will go after the real enemies, Iran and Syria.

You guys in Iraq, keep the faith, be proud of what you are doing... there are people at home that have been in your situation, let no one convince you that you do not belong there, you stay there and fight. You are in the RIGHT war, at the RIGHT place, at the RIGHT time to save civilization. I wish I could join you... I would not mind killing anyone who would kill children at all.

Big Al
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun resgistration is a joke. There is no way the Police can protect any of you. Believe me, I Know! Ive been afraid of these soft targets, like schools, being hit for a long,long time. I'll admit, even tho I had read it before in a Clancey book, the airplanes into the building thing took me by surprise. But a coordinated attack, by trained fire teams, on soft targets????

I dont need to tell this crowd how dangerous a trained team, 4 to 12, armed with M-16/AK level weapons, and possible explosives, can be. We know cause weve had the training and done it.

Im not going to give any information to any trolling terrorists but we'd have a very difficult time containing such a team,let alone defeating them. I work in one of the most dangerous citys in the country and I bet half our people couldnt run 1/2 mile, wouldnt know what to do with a rifle if they had it, which they dont! We'd be screwed! And any amount of suckhole Police chiefs ,posing with Liberal Politicians, over tables of guns taken from drug dealers, aint gonna help us.

And this clown Kerry is whining about the "assault weapons ban"? In my 20+ years of working this hellhole, and the thousands of murders, I cant remember one homocides weve had with a mid-caliber "assault weapon", "No! a machine pistol doesnt count". Maybe there were a few I cant remember, but since just owning one is a crime here, then what are you going to do? Make a law against killing someone with it? Even the DC lunatics with their Bushy would have been just as dangerous, if not more, with any standard bolt or single shot .308 hunting rifle bought from WalMart.

Meanwhile our Police Dept.,s are furthered degraded by Liberal Politicians, the ACLU,affirmative action, and "sensitivity training". Just look at Columbine CO, and how those nitwits held off that Dept., and now replace those two kids with a trained team armed like they were in Russia?.........................pretty frightening no?..................Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: