SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If O'Reilly gets past the media sandstorm and gets to the crux of the matter we might at the end of the night have O'Reilly pounding on Kerry to sign a 180.

O'Neill is a very experienced attorney who will never be rattled by some TV snot, no matter how bloviated they are. Others are quite correct in that the exposure will be huge.

Sign the 180 Senator. What are you afraid of ?

I can just hear O'Really now.
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t trust O’Reilly to be fair. I get idea he is a charlatan out to make a name for himself. I think he will try to sandbag O'Neill and the Swift Boat Vets. If he can do that then he will be able to get a lot more attention for himself and his show. Up until now he has been outright hostile to the Swift Boat Veterans positions.

I think O’Reilly has been playing a game, a very clever game. I don’t think he is what he seems to be. I hope I am wrong but I think Bill will attack O’Neill tomorrow for one reason only and that is the advancement of Mr. Bill O’Reilly. I hope I am wrong but having watched him for a number of year I don’t think he is genuine.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a tough one for O'Reilly to squirm out of gracefully. He did call the Swifties "slime peddlers" several times.

It will be interesting.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always remember, Bill O'Reilly is little more than a glorified disc jockey into self-promotion, pleasing the crowd, and going for cheap applause. His show is all about Bill all the time (the same was true for Chris Matthews, at least until I quit watching him about two years ago, except he is more profoundly ignorant than O'Reilly).

So if O'Reilly thinks he can score points with the audience and enlarge its size, he will do what accomplishes both. The facts be damned.

Given the recent polls and some admissions on the part of Kerry this could go better than expected--but only because O'Bloviator thinks it would benefit him.

The main thing for John to do is flash his book and help it maintain its number one slot. I also wish John would start hitting on what Kerry did in Paris in 1971 because entertainment/news people like O'Reilly, who have no military experience, can understand what amounts to questionable activity (borderline treason here). The reason Christmas in Cambodia had some resonance, as did the POWs who told of their experiences while Kerry sold them out, was because the MSM could grasp these things. The same with Paris. What they cannot grasp are things like after-action reports and the concepts of honor and integrity which mean much to us but mean nada to them.

And has been suggested, John needs to pound the Form 180. While not sophisticated in military affairs, entertainment people like O'Reilly do know a cover-up when they see one.

I will get to watch this show unlike the Hardball fiascos, which sounded great.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is good that O'Reilly is going to have him on. Guess I will have to tune in again. I stopped watching several months ago, I did'nt like how he was covering the war. Bill can really be naive or stupid sometimes.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly won't let O'Neill talk. BOR is a bore and he will just rake O"Neill over the coals trivialize the Swiftvets like he always does. O'Reilly isn't independent. He is a good friend of Kerry and a raging liberal in sheeps clothes. I would come closer to trusting Chris Matthews, sorry to say.
noMOass
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneal always takes care of buisness.

There is one slight problem.

He always has to take the first few minutes to educate the idiot asking the questions.

And a "FEW MINUTES" is usually always the amount of time they allow.

Have you ever eaten fresh coconut? I'ts good stuff right?

But if you never saw the middle you wouldnt have a taste for it right?

The tasty pure white milk is under all that splintery skin.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
O'Reilly won't let O'Neill talk. BOR is a bore and he will just rake O"Neill over the coals trivialize the Swiftvets like he always does. O'Reilly isn't independent. He is a good friend of Kerry and a raging liberal in sheeps clothes. I would come closer to trusting Chris Matthews, sorry to say.

I think he'll let him talk but then kind of dismiss him with "Well, I don't agree but thanks for comin' on Mr. O'Neill, we respect your opinion."

Doesn't matter what it is.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: O"neill Reply with quote

I have seen O'Neill on TV and heard him on radio many times (He made Alan Colmes sound like a fool).

O'Neill knows his stuff and comes across very sincere.

I think just having this exposure and having people see him present the facts will be important. He comes across very solidly.

I'm not concerned and I think O'Neill will make a strong adversary against BOR. This is O"Neill's subject, he'll respond solidly to anything that BOR throws.

Mr O"Neill has done a suberb job of revealing the truth about the Poser and I have faith that he will do a good job.
RickInDallas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we each sent a mail to his 'premium membership' email address before the program, and let him know how we feel, he may actually read our emails, or at least realize that thousands of viewers are upset with his slander against the SwiftVets - made worse by his admission that he didnt read the book!

I recommend emailing him:

askbill@BillOreilly.com

And ask that he let John O'Neil make his case and suggest that if he wants resolution to this, he could ask John Kerry to sign his Form 180 instead of urinating on the Swift Boat Veterans. (He called them 'slime').
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: O'Neill on BOR Reply with quote

This will be good for SBVT as long as BOR is at least fair, and non-hostile. BOR can make it difficult for John O. to get his points across if he is hostile towards his position.

Maybe all those emails of complaint to BOR had their impact.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickInDallas wrote:
I think if we each sent a mail to his 'premium membership' email address before the program, and let him know how we feel, he may actually read our emails, or at least realize that thousands of viewers are upset with his slander against the SwiftVets - made worse by his admission that he didnt read the book!

I recommend emailing him:

askbill@BillOreilly.com

And ask that he let John O'Neil make his case and suggest that if he wants resolution to this, he could ask John Kerry to sign his Form 180 instead of urinating on the Swift Boat Veterans. (He called them 'slime').

I didn't realize that askbill@billoreilly.com was our "private" Premium Member e-mail address. I've always just used the form presented and sent it on its way. This time I sent my e-mail to:

and I received the typical automated reply for the "private" address. Thank you for sharing this with me. It makes it easier to send to all three addresses at once.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly has a large viewing audience, and John O'Neill's appearance can only bring more attention to the Swiftees. However, there are a couple of things that need to happen, and one that most definitely must NOT happen:

1. O'Neill must NOT talk about President Bush. Yesterday it was revealed that the Swiftees are encouraging any exposition of Bush's military service in the ANG. This was not their purpose, and it diminishes their stature by even allowing the President to become part of the discussion.
2. O'Neill and the Swiftees must stay front and center. The Republican convention was held last week, and as you probably noticed the POW Swiftee ad ran on all 3 cable channels. This is NOT the time to relent. For the Swiftees to suddenly "go dark" now gives the appearance of some type of capitulation to Kerry's Komrades that the Swiftees are lying. Perhaps the story is no longer of interest to the talk shows. Then the Swiftees must MAKE it a matter of great interest.
3. John Kerry's activities - all of them - post 1969 must be discussed, and only O'Neill and Corsi can do that. Again, if it appears that the Swiftee movement is retreating, it will diminish the entire Swift Boat Veterans expose of Kerry.
4. It's going to get down and dirty for the next 2 months. Hope the Swiftees and supporters are ready for Snakehead Carville and Bugface Begala. They're not out just to defeat Bush. They'll do everything they can to discredit, dishonor and destory the Swiftees. They go for the jugular. It will not be pleasant. Have the ammo ready, it's going to be a real battle from here on out.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yesterday it was revealed that the Swiftees are encouraging any exposition of Bush's military service in the ANG.

Got a source for that allegation?
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: O'Neill on BO'REilly Tuesday Reply with quote

With BOR having John O'Neill on tells me that the SBVT still have strong ratings for viewers. It is unbelievable that BOR and his staff have never read Unfit for Command and did their research until now. BOR will take a middle of the road approach and leave many viewers wondering who is telling the truth, in fact BOR should have a Kerry defender on so that a lively debate can occur. Hoping the best for John O'Neill who has had to defend the nation of veterans against the bias media and the evil DNC and Kerry campaign.

JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: